Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

This is 3 years in a row Kentucky was the better team, but in 2 of the 3 couldn't get out of it's own way. Backup quarterbacks are kryptonite for this team. I still blame not trying to score at the end of the first half, that was the first sign of once again playing not to lose instead of trying to go win the game. I liked going for it on 4th down, but not the right play call or personnel, Smoke would have better there instead of Rose. Also, I hate that it came down to the leg of a true freshman kicker.

The targetting calls though. Stoops actually walked out of his press conference he was so frustrated, and I think he just had to walk away before he said something about the refs that would get him fined. Especially the last one on the QB, who spun into the defender with his head ducked down. The DE was just trying to make a tackle, and their heads ran into each other. What is he supposed to do, he can't change his momentum mid tackle. There has got to be some kind of leeway for incidental hits like that. That call flipped the field 30 yards because it also wiped out the sack. There was still plenty Kentucky could have done to not blow the lead, but that was a game changing call.

Trying to find some positives, our O line is legit, Sawyer Smith made some mistakes (a couple really bad ones) but looked pretty good considering it's his first start against a P5 team, Kavosiey Smoke is the RB of the future and might supplant Rose as the starter at some point this year, and we might have the best punter in college football.

Also realize that Wagner has first round NFL potential with that OL and Sawyer not making Feliepe Franks mistakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

BRB curating a personalized watch list for your unique tastes

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Y'all need to get on board the Trask Train and that blinding white paint job on it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jarrett Guarantano is basically Feliepe Franks but he has even less time to make lovely decisions because the OL is awful in pass protection.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

:hmmyes:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

Time again for the gentle reminder, whispering through greed fields...

Brian Kelly Killed a Kid.

Just one that we know about

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

Mangino carried the weight better.

Decided Spheric Advantage

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Georgia Bulldogs, although Uga is better at snorting and dying from heat and hemophilia than he is barking.

Not sure about LSU though. Cajuns are weird (and wonderful).

Imbred dogs....it just means more in the SEC

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

General Dog posted:

I don't think you can point to many of their BCS/NY6 era bowl appearances and say that they had a resume that didn't merit inclusion.

The NCAA doesn't factor in kill streaks

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

General Dog posted:

I'm excited about Auburn-Aggies. I think it should be a good game, and I think the Aggies have a good shot at winning. It's definitely one we can't afford to lose.

My body is ready for the fraudulent Kellen Mond experience.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Asleep Style posted:

Won't somebody think of the children's mothers

I think of them all the time :quagmire:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mike_V posted:

Is Lovie still coaching Illinois?

Coaching is a bit of a reach

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That's how we ran the RPO in high school. Not that we are anywhere near that complex but that was the reason back then for it was so the QB could buy more time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scarf posted:

Who is gonna be the first to buttchug a Carson King?

*sheepishly raises paw*