Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I've been so spoiled over the years... Tech's oc, David Yost just isn't very good.

Really feels like the offense is either verts or screens and every moment they cross the 50, they switch to 4 verts, chuck it deep, and kill any momentum they may have built.

28-14 is hard when you're used to losing 56-49...

Ah well, can stop being curious... Matt Wells football is not very interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

the mean lunch lady posted:

As a Mizzou fan, I feel your pain. He was really bad toward the end here. He apparently was good at Utah State after, so I dunno what happened.

I mean, this is the most "rivals" insult ever, but it's a HS offense. It's really good at putting up points and yards against a poor defense and really bad at putting up points against a defense with actual talent.

Post Mizzou, he's combined his very monotone playcalling (8 rushes in a row then 8 passes in a row?) and simple playbook (mostly verts and screens with 3 running plays and 2 RPO's) with Leach's deep-to-shallow QB read philosophy.

All this means that we get some momentum with the dink & dunk and run game and then either the other team blows up a screen or RB for a loss because they guessed right. Then we switch over to chucking up low-percentage bombs, or we decide to switch to chucking up low-percentage bombs as soon as we cross a threshold in the field no matter the down.

So the QB was struggling: pressure was coming up the middle and he made a couple of bad reads early. Yost didn't really adjust to any of these things.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
N: Sparty no!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/asu/2019/09/15/pac-12-acknowledges-officiating-error-end-asu-upset-michigan/2338869001/

V: Pac-12 and Big XII still trying to compete to have the worst refs.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Glumslinger posted:

I was talking with a coworker about whether Chip Kelly would make it to the end of the season with UCLA, so we looked up his buyout. He is owed $9 mil flat if he is fired at any time before the end of his 4th season.

:lol: They're stuck with him for another 2 and a half years

I'm curious when this ridiculous buyout trend will end. Bunch of schools stuck with their staffs just because the AD can't negotiate worth crap.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Seaniqua posted:

lol, infamous enemy of Alabama athletics "somebody somewhere"

I mean, that could include "everybody everywhere"

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Adun posted:

Nothing tastes better than free beer though

IDK, beer that tastes good probably tastes better than free beer.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Roasted Donut posted:

nfl on thursday is a blight to mankind

Agreed. NFL needs to go back to Sunday/Monday, let college have Thursday/Saturday, and high school keep Fridays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Interesting. The QB often rolls with the RB too in those plays, so the RB is sliding toward the hole while the QB is scanning the field.

A defense is gonna adjust and just attack the mesh at some point and force the handoff more quickly.