Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Texas-Okie Lite looking like it’s gonna be a fun shootout

Texas hasnt beat OSU at home since 2009.

Please for the love of god, let that streak end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Thermos H Christ posted:

The 2015 game in particular haunts me to this day.

The flags keep flying.

2017 when a clearly concussed Sam Ehlinger was still in the game in OT was pretty lovely too.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

Playoffs:
Oklahoma
Clemson
Ohio State
Georgia/Alabama

Honorable mentions: LSU, Texas

Texas is going to beat OU...twice.

I loving hate the Big XII title game in a 10 team conference, what horseshit.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

I think he meant the inaugural playoff when TCU and Baylor were co-champs and they both got left out in favor of eventual champs tOSU even though they were all one-loss teams at the end of the season and tOSU objectively had the worst loss. I still think TCU would have had a real shot to win it all that year, if they'd been given the chance.

TCU never should have made it. They lost to Baylor who also had 1 loss. Head to head matters.

Baylor was very clearly the actual Big XII champ, but they had try to have it both ways.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

But it wasn’t a matter of trying to have it both ways, that’s how champions were always determined in traditional round robin tournaments. Split titles were just a thing, historically. And the conference couldn’t very well change the rules and strip a team of their shared conference title contrary to the rules established at the beginning. So anyway, now we have a championship game.

God drat though 2014 TCU was so good, so much better than they had any right to be. Sure they dropped that one game to Baylor by a field goal in one of the most awesome, most Big 12 games ever (61-58!!!) but I mean the Ohio State team that rolled through Oregon and Bama in the playoff had lost to a poo poo Virginia Tech team and been less impressive through most of the season.

That Baylor team was awesome too (they won that 61-58 game) and then lost on the road at WVU, which is poo poo that happens when 50,000 drunken hillbillies are screaming at you.

In retrospect, that Baylor team was powered by consequence free sexual assault with the protection of the university admin, so probably good that they were left out.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

gently caress Notre Dame

My bad football opinion is I don't quite understand the Notre Dame hatred.

They're usually not very good, and if they are, they always get stomped by a real team. I gather that it's because there are a bunch of wake up the echoes fans in the Midwest and Northeast, but they don't really exist in Texas, so they're not bothersome in the slightest.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

lol no that was the season before when Baylor were the undisputed champs and their reward was having to play UCF while also-rans Oklahoma and Texas got bowls against Bama and Oregon, respectively. After they got left out of the playoff Baylor went to the Cotton Bowl and lost to Sparty 42-41. TCU beat Ole Miss 42-3 in the Peach Bowl.

What made it really egregious was that TCU was #3 as a 10-1 team in the second-to-last committee rankings, with 11-1 Ohio State at #5. TCU got dropped from #3 to #6 for beating Iowa State 55-3.

The Big XII was more fun before Lincoln Riley.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

These anecdotes about "bad" Notre Dame fans makes me think most of y'all haven't had more than passing interactions with Aggies.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Watching hammered be-salmon-shorted 40 year old Georgia dudes angrily barking at small children in Jacksonville is also quite an experience.

College Football is perfect.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

I believe you'll find the Georgia mascot is a bulldog (when it's alive).

related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etMlNW5w-50

I think he may be asking why the LSU fan barked at him.

That's probably because roaring like a tiger probably doesn't work as well (insert video of Pat White roaring here).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Lol Von Dozier

The other guy was good, if not a little insane. If I recall correctly, he would watch each ND game like 4-5 times to focus on a different position group each time.