Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

Georgia officially a 12.5 point favorite over ND but I have the feeling it is going to end up being a lot closer than that in actuality.

Please Georgia get them out of the playoff conversation early this year. I still don't understand how Notre Dame's scheduling agreement with the ACC seems to exclude the competent ACC team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

I'm curious when this ridiculous buyout trend will end. Bunch of schools stuck with their staffs just because the AD can't negotiate worth crap.

When the cable sports bubble collapses. At least the Big Ten will always have Rutgers to remind them of the good times.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
That Notre Dame-Purdue quoted article reminds me of when ESPN hired a USC sorority girl who had to have been related to someone to write a weekly column during the "Could USC win the Super Bowl" era of ESPN:

"At the risk of being on the receiving end of a flurry of e-mails from militant Red Sox fans, I'm going on record here: The New York Yankees have the strongest baseball legacy. You might say they are the USC of their sport."

"Saturday's game allowed us a small, and not necessarily pleasant, view into an alternate universe, one in which USC might not have a perfect record, or, at the very least, one in which every game will be a small headache for us devoted fans. It was when defeat seemed possible that Trojans fans were able to see what rooting for USC actually means.

Like I said: a no-win situation. A defeat is a disaster, and a win isn't such a big deal. Even close wins are somewhat of a disappointment, and heaven forbid we lose to a team like Fresno State. It would make the Bulldogs' century to knock off the Trojans."

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

aaaaahahahahahaha holy poo poo

Can someone dig up the Michigan Man blog post? I feel like someone here wrote it and it contained at least one solemn reference to a Bo Schembechler quote as if it was scripture. I don't remember much more about it but it had a similar air of exceptionalism that's so hysterical to see.

Was that this one?

Mgoblog posted:

"Indoor soccer leagues are not particularly good about keeping things balanced. We were getting the poo poo kicked out of us because we were all 30 and out of shape and these kids were in high school. Since they were in high school, they were dicks. I'd just about gotten fed up when their goalie started making forays up the field in an attempt to score. Repeatedly. Just rubbing it in.

I started tracking him the next time he did it, with every intention of cleaning him out. As I reached him, he passed the ball. My fate was sealed anyway.

Without any semi-legal means of letting this guy have it, I punched him in the face. 30 seconds of rolling around later, my glasses were in tatters and I'd gotten a healthy suspension from an amateur indoor soccer league I didn't care very much about.

This is not at all what Frank Clark did. I am not drawing any sort of equivalence between the two events."

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Maxwells Demon posted:

Other reasons to make fun of Notre Dame: Their student newspaper published an article from a ND Mom asking the women of Notre Dame to stop wearing leggings because they were sexually provocative. The pull quote was 'Think of the mothers of sons' for why women should think twice about wearing something that covered all leg skin.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/northamer...mKdX?li=BBJDXDP

Why the student newspaper published it is beyond me.

That was amazing. If Notre Dame is too liberal for your children perhaps they'd be more comfortable at a school like Liberty where they teach that dinosaurs are a conspiracy to test your faith.