Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

VW Crafter SWB

Still seemed reasonably new with 23k km on the clock. It has some kind of diesel engine which I didn't investigate. Manual box (are these things auto in the US?). It has cruise control, air conditioning, rain sensing wipers, auto dipping headlights, electric windows, and best of all loving Carplay which is an absolute game changer for a van. Decent somewhat car-ish driving position with height adjustable drivers seat and tilt adjustable steering wheel. It would have been amazing if it had a rear camera but I guess you can't have everything.

Good tie down points in the back. It was pretty happy at 120kph on the autobahn with the few hundred kg in the back but did get blown around a little when passing trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChu
May 14, 2002

knox_harrington posted:

VW Crafter SWB

Manual box (are these things auto in the US?).

These don't exist in the US

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
This guy literally took his rental to a race track, whoa

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care

DrChu posted:

These don't exist in the US
They do, they're just badged as Mercedes Benz Sprinters (or whatever the Dodges were)

E: pre-2017, that is

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Kivi posted:

They do, they're just badged as Mercedes Benz Sprinters (or whatever the Dodges were)

E: pre-2017, that is

the powertrain is different from the Sprinter (even in the EU) so i'm not sure that I'd call them a complete badge job

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

marcopolo posted:

If this was Denver then I drove that exact same truck in April.

I picked it up at Boston Logan and drove to Nova Scotia.

Did it have Rhode Island plates?

Fuller9x
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme Milk
After the fiasco with the city car, Mrs Fuller was hands off. Since it was a rapid turn around due to a family emergency, I wanted to go with a VW Golf for UK roads. After stepping off the plane, we were promptly upgraded to either a high mileage Q3 or fresh from the dealer MG SUV. As much as I wanted the Q3, logic said new car with 103 miles on the clock.

While larger than most vehicles on the road, it's not obnoxious on narrow farm lanes and can quite easily seat 4 people, two large cases and numerous carry ons and backpacks.

The 1.5 l engine has enough pep to keep up with traffic on the many loops of the M25 we are doing and returning much better economy. It has Digital radio, carplay or android auto which is really useful and Avis forgot to disable the onboard NAV if we get stuck. All the mod cons of safety, BLISS, and a Honda esque turning camera when it detects a super tight situation to figure out which hedge we're putting the fenders into.

Chinese ownership aside, it appears to be a solid SUV and time will tell what abuse it will be put through.

Fuller9x fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 23, 2023

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It's the review you've all been waiting for: Toyota Prius XW60 LE.

Picked this up in Detroit with ~600 miles on the odometer.

Good:
  • it looks good
  • generally feels and drives like a normal car rather than a weird science experiment
  • Good climate controls are simple and easy to use with physical controls.
  • High quality materials in a lot of touch points - wheel, climate buttons, some dash trim, some parts of door cards. Seats are decent materials as well.
  • Fairly good acceleration from a stop; midrange is less potent but much better than previous Prius
  • Can actually corner (if the tires would let it)
  • Surprisingly compliant suspension.
  • Steering is EPAS numb but miles ahead of the old ones - you can actually tell what's going on with the car.
  • Road noise relatively limited
  • good park distance control stuff, which is important because the car is impossible to place without electronic aids
  • full ADAS suite including ACC that all works pretty well and unobtrusively.
  • close to 50 mpg with a fair amount of idling taking calls with the car powered on
  • feels like a lot of car for $28k
  • its a Prius it will likely never break

Bad:
  • Infotainment is OK but has some flaws. I could not figure out how to get from CarPlay to the main infotainment screen - there was no obvious way to do this and I tried a lot of different things. There was not an obvious way to see the state of charge of the battery and the trip computer was similarly limited - you couldn't pull up a fuel economy readout on the IP, though you could on the main infotainment screen.
  • The gearshift takes some getting used to.
  • The wheel and instrument panel are mounted Peugeot style - you view the panel above the wheel rather than through it. Also takes some adjustment.
  • Fair amount of wind noise, but pretty good road noise.
  • Ectopia tires are terrible, no grip at all. they really let down the chassis and suspension.
  • Tall people beware - I am a shade over 5'10 and I did not have a lot of room between my head and the ceiling. It's not a big car inside even though it's an inch longer than my Golf Alltrack.
  • Some lovely plastics, particularly the interior door handles. I assume that a higher trim would solve this.

Ugly
  • It sounds awful. It does the hideous moaning rubber band CVT thing whenever you stick your foot in it.
  • Some compromises with the body style. The swoopy hatch means there isn't much room in the trunk. The heavily raked windshield drives a very long cowl, and that plus the raked front hood mean there is zero reference for where the nose of the car is. The raked windshield makes the A pillars very prominent - it was difficult to see pedestrians at times at crosswalks. Horrible rear visibility and slightly odd wing mirror placement. Again, it's a pretty big car but it's packaged like a small car. A Civic is similar in exterior dimensions and has a ton more usable space.

Overall: It's actually a good car, unlike previous Prius generations which were really good washing machines. But it's still a Prius, just... better.

I don't think I would buy one - it's a bit limited based on the body style for my daily driver purposes, but it would make a great commuter that's a lot nicer to be in that the prior generations, and you could maybe even have a little bit of fun in it if you threw the tires in to the ocean. The dealbreaker for me is still the response of the eCVT - it honestly feels worse in this case because there's actually some power and athleticism in the car, and then you just get vrooooOOOOOOOOOOOO when you step on it. If you don't need the space and you can deal with the eCVT's dynamics you should buy one. But step up to the XLE so you don't have to touch the nasty plastic door handles on the LE.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Ireland, a Cupra Formentor

Sounds like something from Harry Potter, but Cupra is a performance-oriented sub brand of Seat, and Seat is part of VAG.

It’s a CUV built on the same platform as the A3, Golf and a bunch of other VAG models, and apparently a dedicated Cupra model.

Now that that was confusing; the actual car is grand. The engine is basically inaudible other than when you really put your foot down.
Plenty of zip, even if it’s just the 1.5 with 150 horse (mostly, Formentors are supposed to have 250+ hp given they’re Seat’s performance brand, but also given this is Irland, Vehicle Registration Tax on displacement / CO2 is brutal).
The manual can best be described as unobtrusive.

Comfortable, maybe with slightly excessive road noise given the sporty rubber. Sufficient space in the back for a rear-facing child seat, a front facing child seat, and my claustrophobic wife in the middle. Negligible consumption.

Also, pretty good-looking in our book. The color is dark camouflage, something like a really dark jaguar racing green.

Comes with approximately all the driver aids that you can shake a stick at, all of which have been implemented competently.

Kind of a “best of VAG” in this segment: fully competent in a technical sense, comfortable, but with design the Germans couldn’t come up with and/or approve no matter how many drugs they’d take.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

morothar posted:

Ireland, a Cupra Formentor

Sounds like something from Harry Potter, but Cupra is a performance-oriented sub brand of Seat, and Seat is part of VAG.

It’s a CUV built on the same platform as the A3, Golf and a bunch of other VAG models, and apparently a dedicated Cupra model.

Now that that was confusing; the actual car is grand. The engine is basically inaudible other than when you really put your foot down.
Plenty of zip, even if it’s just the 1.5 with 150 horse (mostly, Formentors are supposed to have 250+ hp given they’re Seat’s performance brand, but also given this is Irland, Vehicle Registration Tax on displacement / CO2 is brutal).
The manual can best be described as unobtrusive.

Comfortable, maybe with slightly excessive road noise given the sporty rubber. Sufficient space in the back for a rear-facing child seat, a front facing child seat, and my claustrophobic wife in the middle. Negligible consumption.

Also, pretty good-looking in our book. The color is dark camouflage, something like a really dark jaguar racing green.

Comes with approximately all the driver aids that you can shake a stick at, all of which have been implemented competently.

Kind of a “best of VAG” in this segment: fully competent in a technical sense, comfortable, but with design the Germans couldn’t come up with and/or approve no matter how many drugs they’d take.

I wish I could get over the Cupra logo triggering all the “knockoff mid 2000s gaming mouse brand” sensors in my head, because they make some nice cars, and I should be able to take them more seriously than I do.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I still don't understand how Seat, Skoda, VW (and now Cupra) can co-exist - way too much overlap between their ranges with no real differentiation.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

dissss posted:

I still don't understand how Seat, Skoda, VW (and now Cupra) can co-exist - way too much overlap between their ranges with no real differentiation.

Skoda is the cheap, no frills solid car for sensible people.
Seat is the funky cars for young people that cares about style.
Cupra is the sporty car for young people that cares about looks.
VW is the premium, reliable car for old people that want a driving appliance.

This is the sum of those three brands. The changes are subtle but enough to make sure they can keep the production lines full with every corner of the market covered.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Sure in theory.

In practise there is nothing funky about a Leon wagon (which seem to be largely fleet cars here) and I don't see how you'd choose between one of them and an Octavia.

Same goes for most of their crossovers Karoq/T-Roc/Ateca, Kodiaq/Tiguan/Tarraco all very similar with mostly the same engine options.

Maybe it makes more sense in Europe where they're more popular and people have stronger opinions about what each brand means but here in NZ it's nonsensical.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

dissss posted:

Sure in theory.

In practise there is nothing funky about a Leon wagon (which seem to be largely fleet cars here) and I don't see how you'd choose between one of them and an Octavia.

Same goes for most of their crossovers Karoq/T-Roc/Ateca, Kodiaq/Tiguan/Tarraco all very similar with mostly the same engine options.

Maybe it makes more sense in Europe where they're more popular and people have stronger opinions about what each brand means but here in NZ it's nonsensical.

It made far more sense when Cupra was just a Seat sporty trim, spinning it as a dedicated brand was a mistake IMHO.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

dissss posted:

Nah, it doesn’t make any more sense over here. The stereotypes are all true but then all the exceptions just bleed into each other. Like the Octavia VRS is just a Golf GTI, but wagon, since VW only does the GTI hatch and the R wagon. And then Cupra does the sporty Seats, but also has the new electric models.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

The positioning of Skoda as a brand makes sense but Seat really doesn't. Though I guess when you go to Spain they have about 75% market share so perhaps there's enough preference in specific markets.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

knox_harrington posted:

The positioning of Skoda as a brand makes sense but Seat really doesn't. Though I guess when you go to Spain they have about 75% market share so perhaps there's enough preference in specific markets.

Seat purpose outside Spain is sorta evaporated, since it got absorbed by cupra. Also respect to the Seat Marbella, a variant of the panda with enough small changes to not get sued for copyright infringement by fiat.

Rosoboronexport
Jun 14, 2006

Get in the bath, baby!
Ramrod XTreme

SlowBloke posted:

Skoda is the cheap, no frills solid car for sensible people.
Seat is the funky cars for young people that cares about style.
Cupra is the sporty car for young people that cares about looks.
VW is the premium, reliable car for old people that want a driving appliance.

This is the sum of those three brands. The changes are subtle but enough to make sure they can keep the production lines full with every corner of the market covered.

If you can stomach the brand, Seat depreciates much faster than Skoda or VW so they are a bargain in the second-hand market, and they have better warranty at least here (Skoda/VW/Audi 2 years with unlimited km, Seat 5 years / 100 000 km). Unless you're old and need the cheapest saloon, in which case you drive a Seat Toledo :v:

Seat anyway is a moot point because they don't have EV in their lineup and IIRC the Martorell factory is going to be converted to EV manufacturing plant anyways. Funny thing about the production lines is that as every model now is MQB/MEB derivative production of VAG models can be done in any production line around Europe.

SlowBloke posted:

Also respect to the Seat Marbella, a variant of the panda with enough small changes to not get sued for copyright infringement by fiat.
Do you mean the Ronda? Marbella was introduced during the Fiat years bur Ronda got them sued and ended up in this hilarious picture to differentiate Fiat's Ritmo and Seat's Ronda.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Rosoboronexport posted:

Do you mean the Ronda? Marbella was introduced during the Fiat years bur Ronda got them sued and ended up in this hilarious picture to differentiate Fiat's Ritmo and Seat's Ronda.

Marbella was after fiat, during fiat it was the seat panda. It has different bumpers, grille and interiors compared to the Panda.

Rosoboronexport
Jun 14, 2006

Get in the bath, baby!
Ramrod XTreme

SlowBloke posted:

Marbella was after fiat, during fiat it was the seat panda. It has different bumpers, grille and interiors compared to the Panda.

Oh yeah it was the Panda. I guess maybe they did not want to try their luck in arbitration court after the Ronda case.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Aaand in today’s entry, an Opel Crossland.

Picked up in BER, drove over to Silesia, and back.

Best summarized by my 3.5 year old daughter when I asked her just now how she liked it: “it’s a poo poo car”. Earlier, she offered “this car, it’s a poo poo one”. So consistent feedback on that front.
She loves the Cupra btw.

It’s technically competent, I suppose, but every single thing feels bottom-tier component bin. Surfaces are lovely hard plastic, steering wheel feels like lovely plastic, controls… you guessed it, lovely plastic.
Kinda like the Opel blinker controls in our Exige, which creaked every time you used them.

It kinda has cruise control, but not acc; instead, it has a lovely collision alarm if somebody pulls out in front of you. But it has a pseudo-top down parking view, except only for the rear quarter.
Weird-rear end bargain bin components in a hodgepodge configuration.

Seats? My right arse cheek still hurts. Cabin is loud at German and Polish highway speeds.

Power? Meh. I had it up to 160 mph, true, but it felt terrible at that speed. It also took 10 seconds to get from 140-160.

Mpg is pretty good I guess.

Bottom line: it did its job, inspired no emotion except mild bemusement (why build this? who buys this?) on a few fronts, and I’m looking forward to driving the Cupra again.

Oh, and apparently a well-specced Crossland costs as much as a standard Cupra…

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
The grandland is a 2017 car with only minor infotainment upgrades over the years, next year it's supposed to be replaced by a bev-only successor. It's selling only on merit of brand and a far less outrageous design compared to the PSA platform alternatives(Peugeot 3008, Citroen C5, DS 7). The Formentor is a 2020 car so stuff like cruise control being better is not surprising, it's a far better car.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Looks like it’s a size down from those - same platform as the previous gen 2008

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

dissss posted:

Looks like it’s a size down from those - same platform as the previous gen 2008

Grandland is EMP2, 2008 is CMP.
Source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMP2_platform
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Modular_Platform

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
But Grandland is different from Crossland, which the OP had.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Their name is so similar my brain short circuited. Apologies.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

SlowBloke posted:

SlowBloke posted:

I was about to say that I was also skeptical on the argument - our 2023 4Runner has acc, and that’s on a truck that Toyota started building in 2014. Granted, you can hear the relay flip when it sense a vehicle ahead, and it’s only from/down to 28 mph, but above that, it works like any acc system ever.

The Crossland doesn’t just have limited functionality, it’s also been implemented with basically zero motivation.

TadBradley
Jan 14, 2008
I don't know what goes here.
Flew into New Orleans for a wedding in Lake Charles, LA. At the counter they offered me a Malibu or an Altima. Not exactly a thrilling choice, but since my personal car is a Volt, I chose the Malibu, so at least I wouldn't have to learn new climate/radio/cruise controls.

This does not feel like a nice car, but not in any way that would meaningfully detract from the driving experience. Materials feel cheap, large swaths of the dash and interior are covered in what appears to be speaker fabric. Android auto works good, which was huge. On the second day I had to drive across town and didn't bring my cable, so I was bummed my wife was going to have to navigate, but then Waze just popped up normally. Didn't even know they made wireless Android Auto, much less that it would work so effortlessly. I mean, in my car, WITH cable, it still bugs out like 5% of the time.

That's my review: a pretty good phone with a car wrapped around it.

Also had a big nice sunroof, but then I remembered I was in Louisiana in August, so I can't say it's getting much use.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I was in a current gen Malibu recently and was shocked by how much interior room there was. I know cars have gotten bigger, and the last Malibu I was in was made in the late 90s, but drat

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 3, 2023

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Is it uncool for the thread OP to suggest a thread title? Whatever, here's one:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Rentals: “this car, it’s a poo poo one”

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's funny because I'm in a rental about 1 week out of any given month. The good ones are not particularly memorable. The excellent ones don't exist. The bad ones are seared into my brain.

This week I've wanted so badly to like the Genesis G80 I've been driving. The base 4 is responsive and fun to drive, and I managed 32 mpg round trip from LA to Vegas at 85mph. It rode and handled nicely, was comfortable and quiet. The trunk was a little small, mostly on height.

The deal breakers were the absolute lack of finesse with the adaptive cruise control, and constant infotainment glitches.

Twice the radio "was not available" until I stopped the car, opened the door, and then restarted. You get no voice activation unless you download the genesis app and sign up for a genesis account. Android auto would completely disconnect whenever cell signal was dropped. And it wouldn't reconnect until I unplugged the phone. I've made this trip on a variety of vehicles and the only one I've had this issue. On the plus side, the infotainment was fairly easy to customize but the split screen they provide doesn't allow a useful combination. The right hand split only shows a redundant clock, a compass, or a trip computer/vehicle status. Radio info would be super helpful over there.

I'm sure a lot of these issues were a software update away from resolution, but the car literally had 125 miles on it when I picked it up and you can't update the software without the app and an account.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 15, 2023

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I was in a current gen Malibu recently and was shocked by how much interior room there was. I know cars have gotten bigger, and the last Malibu I was in was made in the late 90s, but drat

I had a Malibu almost 4 years ago as a rental. It wasn't bad. Much, much better than the Malibu my former in-laws had in the early 2000s. That one was a miserable car and I wasn't sad when I indirectly played a role in it getting totaled.

I haven't had a ton of rentals over the last year, but here's the list:

Ford Explorer (2022 model I think): Roomy, reasonably composed on the road. It seems like it would make a decent roadtrip car. Biggest complaint, the way the transmission was programed in the default driving mode didn't mesh with me at all. Way too slow on downshifts if you tried to give it the beans. I found I had to put it in sport mode to get any sort of reasonable responsiveness out of the transmission.

Mazda CX-9 (2023 model maybe?): Had the I4 engine, enough power to avoid getting crushed on Houston freeways, not going to set any Nuremberg records with it. Roomy, handled well enough for a CUV. Interior ergonomics were mostly good. Weirdest thing was that the infotainment screen wasn't a touch screen so you had to navigate using the weird click-wheel thingy. It wasn't super intuitive.

Kia Soul: I only drove it for maybe 10 miles. It seemed like perfectly reasonable if unexciting car. It would probably make a practical daily. I didn't hate it.

Not my rental, but my manager when we were in Europe last year: Cupra Formentor - 'sporty' CUV. It seemed to take flogging around Germany and Switzerland fairly well. He still hasn't told me how many speed cameras he triggered. Might be a bit on the small side for 4 adults with their luggage. Interior seemed fine.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I got driven around in a RAV4 2023 LE AWD rental while on a work trip. I can’t really review it because I couldn’t drive it, but I can say the road noise in the rear is absolutely atrocious. If you’re traveling with people you like, I wouldn’t suggest putting them in the back seats.

There was no privacy cover in the back, so if you’re planning on buying one that would probably be a good addition for the noise mitigation alone.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

a primate posted:

I got driven around in a RAV4 2023 LE AWD rental while on a work trip. I can’t really review it because I couldn’t drive it, but I can say the road noise in the rear is absolutely atrocious. If you’re traveling with people you like, I wouldn’t suggest putting them in the back seats.

There was no privacy cover in the back, so if you’re planning on buying one that would probably be a good addition for the noise mitigation alone.

its very likely that someone stole the privacy cover since it's a rental

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

its very likely that someone stole the privacy cover since it's a rental

That’s a very good point. Not sure if they come with the car. My Qashqai did.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Arson Daily posted:

Going to the Midwest at the end of august to visit 2 sets of parents. Can't wait to see what junk Dollar puts me in!

Did the trip and it was hilarious and terrible as all visits to the folks tend to be. Grand Rapids Dollar gave me a Chevy Malibu LT which looked like it had been sitting in the garage for a very long time since it was covered in dust and spiderwebs. The inside was perfectly clean, however. Overall, not too bad as transportation but I couldn't ever see myself owing one (at least an LT anyway) since the interior was the dullest shade of black and grey and the materials were about what you'd expect from a stripped GM product. The gauge cluster seemed like it was angled downward which made it difficult to see. The engine and transmission, some 4 cylinder mated to a CVT were actually pretty well mated together and gave good acceleration but the CVT was tuned to just sit at 3500 rpm until you got to whatever speed you were accelerating to. Not too much droning noise though, which was nice. An interesting feature of the cruise control was that it would display your following distance in seconds from the car in front of you. Kinda neat, wish my own car did that. It had decent space for 4 adults and a 5 year old in a booster seat and had just enough trunk space to hold all of our bags. Rear passengers complained about a lack of head room though.

Call it 5/10.

Minneapolis gave me a 9000 mile Chrysler Pacifica after waiting in line for 45 minutes (grrrrrrr) and that was actually pretty good! Tons of room, comfy seats, USB A and C in the seat backs for the passengers of the middle row and HVAC controls for them too. In an amazing feat of time travel it felt almost exactly as fast as my 1991 Plymouth Voyager. Terrible transmission tuning though, you'd stomp the gas to overtake someone and it would wait a very long time to kick down then decide that it needed to kick to a gear that was right near redline making the whole process very un-chill. The one major deal breaker was the loving cruise control. OMG this thing was tuned to keep the speed you set come hell or high water. Huge inputs of throttle and brake to keep it set at *exactly* what you set at. Jarring AF. I got lots of comments from my passengers about it because they thought I was driving like a dummy but nope that was all a computers doing.

7/10 for the room and amenities but seriously like 4/10 for the electronics and trans tuning. oh and it had that godawful rotary transmission selector that I almost slammed into park at 65 mph when I went to turn the tunes down.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

nadmonk posted:

Much, much better than the Malibu my former in-laws had in the early 2000s. That one was a miserable car and I wasn't sad when I indirectly played a role in it getting totaled.
Story, please.

This thread is also for vehicles you have borrowed, not just for vehicles you paid money to use for a time.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Skoda Fabia.

Rental place was out of Clio's so had to take this, 7eur a day Vs 5 for the Clio but was automatic. KMs were a lot more too, about 0.25eur each Vs I think 0.14 for the Clio. Definitely nicer to drive and more comfortable but not enough to make it a compelling upgrade for me normally. Engine felt totally sufficient for the car and it was pleasant to drive both in town and on the motorway, no engine whining getting up to speed unlike some of the cheaper compact cars.

Not sure on exact model/trim, but the infotainment is the same as the Mk7 golf/polo so guess it's based on that gens Polo. Larger feeling than the Polo and looked nice inside, although most of that is just cleverly textured plastic with very small patches of fabric. There's an annoying shiny bit on the side of the steering column which generates reflections in the windshield. It only had 20k km on it but in that time someone had managed to scratch up a lot of the plastic trim, no idea how as it was tough feeling.

Big enough inside to fit a packaged 55" TV with the rear seats down.

Basically a totally fine and extremely generic car all around and one I'd be happy to buy for myself at the right price.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

7 euros per day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

knox_harrington posted:

7 euros per day?

Plus km which can be pricey, a bit more than fuel normally