Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

RIP Paul Walker posted:

A very high percentage of rentals I've had have been 10+ PSI over the specified tire pressure. I've had the exact same experience as you and dropping the pressure down to the recommended made it feel like a car.

Pro-tip: Carry a tire pressure gauge with you when you rent a car. I keep one in my briefcase with the pens :)

This deserves a second mention. I have a tire gauge in my briefcase for this very reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'd pick National over Enterprise every single time. Enterprise always tries to put me in a class lower than what I reserved and tries to upsell me to what I reserved. That's when they actually have a vehicle.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's funny because I'm in a rental about 1 week out of any given month. The good ones are not particularly memorable. The excellent ones don't exist. The bad ones are seared into my brain.

This week I've wanted so badly to like the Genesis G80 I've been driving. The base 4 is responsive and fun to drive, and I managed 32 mpg round trip from LA to Vegas at 85mph. It rode and handled nicely, was comfortable and quiet. The trunk was a little small, mostly on height.

The deal breakers were the absolute lack of finesse with the adaptive cruise control, and constant infotainment glitches.

Twice the radio "was not available" until I stopped the car, opened the door, and then restarted. You get no voice activation unless you download the genesis app and sign up for a genesis account. Android auto would completely disconnect whenever cell signal was dropped. And it wouldn't reconnect until I unplugged the phone. I've made this trip on a variety of vehicles and the only one I've had this issue. On the plus side, the infotainment was fairly easy to customize but the split screen they provide doesn't allow a useful combination. The right hand split only shows a redundant clock, a compass, or a trip computer/vehicle status. Radio info would be super helpful over there.

I'm sure a lot of these issues were a software update away from resolution, but the car literally had 125 miles on it when I picked it up and you can't update the software without the app and an account.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 15, 2023