Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Recently had a Nissan Sentra rental for a month, no pictures needed, everyone knows what it looks like.

The CVT is bad. Initially it was loving horrible but once I got used to it, it was just bad because a CVT is just not suited well for city driving which is what I was doing most of the time i had it. Maybe it's just the Nissan CVT, but I have a hard time believing that any CVT would be enjoyable in the city tbh. On the highway it was fine because it wasn't "shifting" and actually had more top end than I thought it would. Other than that it was typical lovely appliance car that would probably be much better with a manual transmission. Nothing really redeeming about it at all, everything felt and looked cheap, and the stereo sounded like poo poo.

2 out of 5 stars just because it didn't break down on me. That is my rental review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The more I drive cars with CVTs, the more I appreciate my xB with an ancient 4 speed auto. Yeah it gets pretty poo poo mileage for a 4cyl because of it, but it shifts loving perfect, is quick off the line, and is always in the right gear, never hunting around not knowing what to do. When I step on it there's no hesitation, it downshifts and just goes. I really don't like automatics to begin with, but looking towards the future with every car manufacturer going with CVTs especially in economy cars, you can pry my 4 speed auto from my cold dead hands. My next car purchase is probably going to be either an EV or an ICE car with a manual transmission.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I really want a Chevy Bolt, but they are just more than I want to spend right now.....When they get around 15k I'm getting one.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

But that's what everyone else wants right now so you have to pay the CUV tax. You could get a brand new or barely used fiesta for half the price, lift it a few inches and put snow tires on it and it would perform just as good if not better.