Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

This thread. Only reason I watch anymore tbh.

Pretty much this, plus being too tired from puppy training to do anything more engaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Miching Mallecho posted:

If they had shown Roode and Ziggler teaming up for oh let’s say two months and their better chemistry beats out sheer individual power then that’s a story to tell.

But of course that takes long term planning.

:lol:

Nothing about the Raw tag team division matters enough for planning to be a thing.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

can't wait for the rematch at the next PPV.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Shane McMahon being able to effortlessly beat up Kevin Owens barehanded is such a fuckin' thing.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

christ, corey detracts so much from the show

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Corey officially worse than marvez because he never shuts up

DuhSal posted:

I think part of the reason why I find a lot of the wwe matches to feel like a bit of a slog is the commentary. they talk way too much about bullshit nonsense in grating tones.

like, people absolutely loved Heenan's heel commentary, but a big part of it was the frequency with which he had to eat poo poo and look bad, the way villains do; if you ask a dozen people what their favorite Heenan commentary moment was at least ten of them will talk about THAT'S NOT FAIR TO FLAIR and his basically having a heart attack for an hour straight, because heels are defined as much by their opposition and failures as their actions

Corey never actually has any opposition or failure, he's just...unpleasant, constantly.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Fire & Desire has a tag team entrance now? That's rad.

man, it's just their themes fading into each other every 30 seconds, they get, like, partial credit at best

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I'm glad they have a tag team entrance, it was not a statement on their tag team entrance music.

that's true, although it's still hilarious to me that the "look how hot she is" camera smear effect they do for Mandy just means both of them are kind of blurry on the edges

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brokenogre posted:

Just give me Sonya vs Nikki, that's all i want out of this match

But how would that get Alexa Bliss over?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Are they chanting "Lexi"?

Pretty sure it was Becky.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

man, the whole reason they put Alexa in a tag team was to try to keep using her without aggravating her concussion symptoms, and you could have just had her being a mouthpiece, which she's great at, for getting over other talent like Nikki, and instead she's the focal point of the entire women's tag division

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That cape rules.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DuhSal posted:

I agree. I think it's good and the best match of the night (depending on finish). Not saying a whole lot I guess since I can barely remember the rest of the matches but still, I like this match at least.

It's a good match and a believable brawl, it's just the "it turns out she's disqualified, I guess" aspect of it that sucks.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That wasn't good but I'm glad Kofi won.

also, the fuckin' Corey problem again: dude spends the whole match making GBS threads on Kofi and talking about Orton's win as a foregone conclusion, and when he loses there's no catharsis, there's no shock, there isn't even a face commentator saying something at his expense, he's literally just silent and then moves on to marketing speak

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

oh my god I'm so glad Harper's back but this whole thing just reunited the goddamn bludgeon brothers are you kidding me

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

It sounds like Becky and Sasha was good?

Also oh my God what did they do to my beautiful Cedric Alexander?

Also also LUKE HARPER! :woop:

Becky and Sasha was booked in a way that detracted from the match but the match/fight itself was pretty good.

Cedric got punked the gently caress out and it is baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the pedigree, still canonically the strongest finisher in wrestling history