Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I spin up a 4 vCPU 16GB ram amazon server every now and then to play with friends and it runs great. I find there's too much desync to have any fun with people on a non-dedicated.

Been enjoying playing the latest version with food decay and water. Got down to my last water bottle before I realized making an ice crusher is something I should have prioritized much earlier. Now I've got a room temperature glasshouse for my plants. Next will be setting up automated solars to be energy positive without needing coal to top up the battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
On the moon, your food still decays inside the crates.

I think you can only rely on one type of crop until you get a bioprinter. Definitely feels like a mechanic that needs a 2nd pass.