Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

would gedo be the first person with a long career as an active wrestler to go in as a non wrestler?

Roy Shire and Jerry Jarrett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CM Punk is one I feel deserves consideration at the very least for his impact on WWE. If you don't have Punk's 2011 run you probably don't see Balor, Styles, Owens, maybe Nakamura etc. given the early spotlight they've gotten and while I'm not entirely sure that's a net positive for wrestling in general, it's certainly an impact.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If it weren't for Samoa Joe and CM Punk having stand out feud in the early days of ROH there's a lot of questions people could raise about if ROH would have been a viable place for a lot of talent to grow and come through into WWE, but also Joe and Punk's later careers kind of floundering

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I Before E posted:

CM Punk is one I feel deserves consideration at the very least for his impact on WWE. If you don't have Punk's 2011 run you probably don't see Balor, Styles, Owens, maybe Nakamura etc. given the early spotlight they've gotten and while I'm not entirely sure that's a net positive for wrestling in general, it's certainly an impact.

CM Punk lead directly to Daniel Bryan which is his biggest impact.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Joe should go in for his Necro Butcher match alone

https://youtu.be/mMU5S9VHhJM

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I will only reveal my ballot on the next episode of the Wrestlehut Pisscast.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jubs posted:

I will only reveal my ballot on the next episode of the Wrestlehut Pisscast.

What if Okada was named Btamdo?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The US section is going to be super interesting in a few years given the WWE has no real hall of famers, not sure match quality will be enough for NXT unless it does good TV and well AEW

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
huge bump but just found this very very useful thing

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/won_hof_ballot_results

a lost of all balloted HoF entries, and their vote percentages

most pertient to me was this

Steiner Brothers
Steiner Brothers are Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner.

1998: dropped from ballot after receiving less than 10% [US/CANADA]

2006: 32 votes - 15% [US/CANADA]
2007: dropped from ballot after receiving less than 10% [US/CANADA]

Put them back on the ballot Dave

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

A.J. STYLES
2013: dropped from ballot after receiving less than 10% [MODERN US/CANADA]

2015: dropped from ballot after receiving less than 10% [MODERN US/CANADA]

2017: 205 votes - 63% [MODERN US/CANADA]
Dave bringing back AJ after 18 months in Japan and still not voting for him is the funniest thing.

Anyway vote for CIMA.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Gedo more or less has to go in even if the only thing he did was have Naito lose to Okada because his long term planning led to whats probably never going to be topped in Okada/Omega 4. Then you put in Booking NJPW out of its hole to where it is now and managing to get over a greasy skinny kiwi as the ultimate heel of all time.

Also Ibushi in please

And Taichi

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Hall of Fame issue next week, ten inductees - not sure whether that's counting each individual person in a tag team or trios team separately though.

Based on that I think its easy to predict the people that should be locks with that many people: if Jun Akiyama doesn't get in and that many other people do then its a crime really; I'd expect Los Misioneros to make it as well. Wouldn't shock me if a bunch of the current New Japan people do; Edge and Orton sadly probably do as well.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Akiyama can't get in on a year where they inducted ten (10!) people then he's never getting in

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Edge should be in.

As should Caristico.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

goldberg is 5000 times more famous than edge. if it's not gonna be a hall of fame then change the name

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

IceAgeComing posted:

Edge and Orton sadly probably do as well.
It would take a hell of a shift in voters for Orton to get in.

quote:

2015: 59 votes - 15% [MODERN US/CANADA]
2016: 59 votes - 17% [MODERN US/CANADA]
2017: 74 votes - 23% [MODERN US/CANADA]
2018: 102 votes - 35% [MODERN US/CANADA], #30 with Active Wrestlers

Edge is on the bubble and wouldn't surprise me. He is the most well-rounded candidate in the Modern US category.

quote:

2015: 173 votes - 44% [MODERN US/CANADA]
2016: 141 votes - 40% [MODERN US/CANADA]
2017: 161 votes - 49% [MODERN US/CANADA]
2018: 143 votes - 50% [MODERN US/CANADA], #7 with Reporters, #10 Former Wrestlers, #24 Historians

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Orton has been a borderline case at best and his most recent feuds have done him no favors. I don't see him getting in

Edge probably will get in and will be the probably one of the last modern WWE guys for awhile since the current product is designed not to produce anybody worth of a hall slot

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

IceAgeComing posted:

Hall of Fame issue next week, ten inductees - not sure whether that's counting each individual person in a tag team or trios team separately though.

Based on that I think its easy to predict the people that should be locks with that many people: if Jun Akiyama doesn't get in and that many other people do then its a crime really; I'd expect Los Misioneros to make it as well. Wouldn't shock me if a bunch of the current New Japan people do; Edge and Orton sadly probably do as well.

none of the 10 will be from mexico because that's how the world works

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'll say who I voted for on the Pisscast.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Class is out - Going in is Los Misioneros de la Muerte, Villano III, Ultimo Guerrero, Dr Wagner Jr, Gedo, Jim Crockett Sr, Bearcat Wright, and Paul Pons

Edit: Class being heavy from Mexico makes sense given the log jam. Shocked Jun didn't make it in though

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 13, 2019

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Akiyama, Don Owen and Stanley Weston were all within 1% of getting in.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Next year is Akiyama's last shot too, though the Japan section looks pretty weak unless Naito has a super hot run in match quality/drawing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Next year is Akiyama's last shot too, though the Japan section looks pretty weak unless Naito has a super hot run in match quality/drawing

He would only fall off if he falls below 50% and I doubt that would happen even stepping down as AJPW president.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

how did Caristico only get 24% wtf? how is the wwe stink on him that bad he was only there for 3 years of a 20 year career. He's the only wrestler to win a won box office draw award and not be in the HoF and one of three to win wrestler of the year and not be in (the other two being Omega who's only like 4 years into his stardom and Okada who isnt eligible yet)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

akiyama's ridiculous but hasn't made it in yet so i'm nto surprised. am surprised okada didn't walk in first ballot

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thauros posted:

akiyama's ridiculous but hasn't made it in yet so i'm nto surprised. am surprised okada didn't walk in first ballot

Akiyama getting 59% is the most Akiyama result

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thauros posted:

Okada isn't on the ballot till 2021 and should be easy first ballot unless Hall voters go crazy. The questions is does he beat the amount of votes Kobashi got when he got in

Ringo Roadagain posted:

how did Caristico only get 24% wtf? how is the wwe stink on him that bad he was only there for 3 years of a 20 year career. He's the only wrestler to win a won box office draw award and not be in the HoF and one of three to win wrestler of the year and not be in (the other two being Omega who's only like 4 years into his stardom and Okada who isnt eligible yet)

I'm guessing for people voting Lucha they're looking at the older guys who haven't got in and should go in and wanted to clear out that backlog. Given the fact we have a drought of good US candidates we should be seeing a run on Lucha guys over the next few years anyway

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i haven't subscribed in two years and thought okada's first year of eligibility was 2019, thanks.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Notables and hot take faves on the bubble or worse
code:
PERFORMER 	VOTES 	PCT 	2018
Kenny Omega 	122 	53% 	49%
Sgt. Slaughter 	152 	51% 	50%
Ted Turner 	143 	48% 	----
Junkyard Dog 	135 	45% 	48%
Big Daddy 	 75 	45% 	35%
Edge 	        125 	42% 	50%
Kota Ibushi 	 98 	42% 	16%
Randy Orton  	 80 	27% 	35%
Cima 	         60 	26% 	24%
Hardy Boyz 	 74 	25% 	----
Caristico 	 41 	24% 	18%
Bill Goldberg 	 67 	22% 	31%
C.M. Punk 	 59 	20% 	12%
I am mad about Cima.

Added to next year’s ballot: Ole Anderson, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Brian Pillman, Joe Higuchi, Takaaki Kidani
Not a lot to discuss there.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
are hall and nash separate or as a team? Because I feel like their better off as a pair than on their own

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Kidani is getting on first ballot.

I refuse to beloeve Big Daddy beat the Edge Mendoza Line.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

since baseball died out, it's called the dalton line because Andy Dalton is the worst qb to absolutely become a hall of famer here in about 8 years and he will have a super bowl ring as a backup who played in weeks 16 and 17 for a great team

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Uncle Jun :(

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Imagine if Nash gets in next year and Cima doesn't lmfao

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given his TNA run, his booking of WCW as it was dying and the fact his WWF title run was one of the worst drawing ever I don't see Nash sniffing the WOR Hall

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Not looking good for Big Daddy Cool. Pro Wrestling Only's Greatest Wrestler Ever project had him at #407 in 2016. Flair (the winner) was on 148 ballots. He was dropped from the WONHOF ballot in 1998 after receiving less than 10% of the vote. Gotta say the subsequent 21 years have not helped.

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007

Cavauro posted:

since baseball died out, it's called the dalton line because Andy Dalton is the worst qb to absolutely become a hall of famer here in about 8 years and he will have a super bowl ring as a backup who played in weeks 16 and 17 for a great team

[quote="Cavauro" post="500775992"]

There’s no way Andy Dalton becomes a hall of
famer.

I feel like Eli Manning is more of an apt comparison.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Got around to reading the issue itself and Big Daddy doesnt feature in the historians voting or retired wrestlers voting and in active wrestlers came 27th.

So how did he finish above Edge? This:

REPORTERS
1. Jim Crockett Sr.
2. Big Daddy

Who the gently caress are these reporters?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

TheRico posted:

There’s no way Andy Dalton becomes a hall of
famer.

I feel like Eli Manning is more of an apt comparison.

wrong. mendoza & dalton, hall of fame pals to the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

Got around to reading the issue itself and Big Daddy doesnt feature in the historians voting or retired wrestlers voting and in active wrestlers came 27th.

So how did he finish above Edge? This:

REPORTERS
1. Jim Crockett Sr.
2. Big Daddy

Who the gently caress are these reporters?

Brits possibly.