Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

don't use Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

I'm an atheist, and my overwhelming experience of going to church is that the pastor/preacher/whatever is either exceedingly ignorant of what the bible actually says or they actively lie, and in either case I find the experience infuriating. So no, that's not a good solution. Also, I have no idea where the nearest church with POC is, where I live is pretty white (a suburb of Seattle).
for a self-proclaimed atheist, you sure are looking for people to preach to you

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

OP seems like the perfect person to latch on to every word Roxane Gay shits out on twitter

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

A writer that I follow on Twitter said that a good way to get exposure to POC is to follow people on twitter (and to just shut up and read what they say without replying or arguing).
is this what you're referring to? because this person seems like a self-flagellating white lib to me
https://twitter.com/mishellbaker/st...r%3D636%23pti31

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

pseudanonymous posted:

Yes that is the exact post that inspired this thread. It seemed like a very low investment that might yield some results. Obviously innumerable goons have had to chime in with their worthless opinions on the project.
she is right about one thing: you should definitely shut up

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm dead serious when i say "don't use twitter" btw. it attracts loud narcissists of all stripes, including people who cloak their language in social justice to hide that fact. read books instead

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

every time some incredibly stupid tweet has tens of thousands of people liking and RTing it, i tell myself that only 7% of americans use twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

follow desus nice. not for woke gawking purposes but because he's funny