Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
A writer that I follow on Twitter said that a good way to get exposure to POC is to follow people on twitter (and to just shut up and read what they say without replying or arguing). I like that idea, I'd like to have more exposure to PoC, but I'm so Mayonaise white and privileged that I don't have any POC as friends or even acquaintances. Not through any active choice on my part, but that's how it is.

I'd prefer maybe slightly less famous, and obviously witty and sarcastic and willing to be emotionally raw would be nice but. I'm not totally oblivious, I know the names of some POC but they are basically all uber-famous, and I'd prefer to hear about the lives and opinions of people who don't have the privilege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Dean of Swing posted:

Try going to a church.

I'm an atheist, and my overwhelming experience of going to church is that the pastor/preacher/whatever is either exceedingly ignorant of what the bible actually says or they actively lie, and in either case I find the experience infuriating. So no, that's not a good solution. Also, I have no idea where the nearest church with POC is, where I live is pretty white (a suburb of Seattle).

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

is this what you're referring to? because this person seems like a self-flagellating white lib to me
https://twitter.com/mishellbaker/st...r%3D636%23pti31

Yes that is the exact post that inspired this thread. It seemed like a very low investment that might yield some results. Obviously innumerable goons have had to chime in with their worthless opinions on the project.