Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That's right, the singing reality show plucked from a dystopian future is back for another season, now with a total of sixteen masked people. And judging by the accolades revealed in last Sunday's preview episode, some pretty heavy hitters have agreed to join the season two cast: Between them, they have a combined total of "140 films, 22 gold records, 20 platinum records, 6 multi-platinum records, 31 Billboard No. 1 singles, 19 Emmy wins, 10 GRAMMY wins, seven Super Bowl appearances, five Hall of Famers, 15 marriages and 8 divorces." :discourse:

What Is it?
Based on (copied from) the South Korean reality show King of Mask Singer, this singing competition is everything about the modern celebrity landscape and reality TV mashed together in a nightmarish pastiche featuring admittedly incredible costumes, synthesized voices, terrible puns, and brick stupid panelists. Sixteen public figures ("celebrities" doesn't really work here) are dressed in full garish costumes and face off against one another by singing song covers in their real voices. Before each song, they play a sizzle real of the singer offering (in a concealed voice) a short biography in order to give clues as to their identity. After each duel, one singer is voted the winner. The loser is then at risk of being unmasked at the end of the episode. The show airs Wednesday at 9PM ET on Fox.

Robin Thicke: Songwriter, record producer, and noted domestic shitbag. He appears to be trying very hard to be The Serious One on the meaningless panel.
Jenny McCarthy: Yes, her. Everyone's favorite anti-vaxxer observes things around her and makes preposterous guesses. Yet somehow, I'm assuming through the magic of editing, she appears to pull a last-minute correct guess just before the unmasking.
Ken Jeong: Former MD and current prolific comedic actor. Gives up the veil of taking any of this remotely seriously almost immediately into the first episode. Did not correctly guess a single singer in the first season.
Nicole Scherzinger: Formerly of the Pussycat Dolls, Nicole is the other person seemingly making guesses in earnest.

Also joining us as guest hosts for a couple of episodes last season were:
Keenan Thompson: Nickelodeon alum, SNL cast member, and current co-host of Bring the Funny.
Joel McHale: Of "Community" fame and host of Talk Soup.

Why Should I Watch?
It's so goddamned weird.

Vulture posted:

The vibe of the whole thing is “what if Gritty walked out on a soundstage made to look like an arena concert, belted out Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me,’ was described as ‘a professional’ by Jenny McCarthy, took off his head to reveal he was Joey Fatone, and the entire experience felt three clicks away from an episode of Black Mirror?”

Cosmopolitan posted:

This lovable show is the only pure thing on television as far as I'm concerned, and I'm convinced it has the ability to heal our country. I'm also semi convinced I've hallucinated the entire thing

Vox posted:

What’s wild about The Masked Singer — which is a reality show singing competition, but only nominally — is that it’s essentially all of those things at once.
[...]
To watch The Masked Singer is to feel vaguely like you’re living in a dystopian movie, but also knowing that you’re one of the placated, one of the sheeple who sits and watches the rock-stupid hit TV show that keeps everybody from questioning the unjust society they live in while the protagonists roll their eyes at your complacency. To watch it is to wonder if Neo and Agent Smith from The Matrix are having a mind-bending fistfight right behind you that you would see if you just turned around and looked away from The Masked Singer’s wonders. Except then you might miss the Monster!

Something Awful Forums Member Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Holy crap I am watching The Masked Singer on Hulu and I have no idea what's going on but I really expect Katniss Everdeen to break through my door or take over the broadcast...

The A.V. Club posted:

Just... just watch this. Just watch it. For us. Watch this, for us.
And it's fun to argue with people about your guesses. Last season, the Internet mostly figured out who everyone was after only a couple of appearances. By all accounts, they're trying to make it much more difficult this time around.

What happened last season?
You can find the old thread here. Masked singers were revealed to be among the likes of Terry Bradshaw, Gladys Knight, LaToya Jackson, Tommy Chong, Antonio Brown (yeah that one didn't age well), Donny Osmond, Joey Fatone, and Ricki Lake. The "winner" was none other than T-Pain, dressed as a turquoise fluff dubbed "The Monster."

What did we learn?
No idea if it's applicable this time around, but season 1 singers were more likely to be
- active in the reality show community (e.g. Rumer Willis, Tori Spelling)
- not from FOX competitor networks (I yearn for Nick Offerman or Megan Mullally to be a contestant but alas)
- not currently prominent artists (it's not Lady Gaga or :boom: )

Who are this season's contestants?
Find out in the next post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Let's meet the first round of contestants! I am borrowing heavily (stealing) from Cosmo, EW, and Vulture because I'm old and they do a way better job of breaking down the figures on this stupid and amazing show.

GROUPS A AND B

EGG

Clue package:
Snowy imagery, such as the snowglobe
Swan themes: Swan Lake music, stuffed swan animal
Potential figure skater: “You might figure that coming to the Masked Singer is a bit of a leap for me”
Spent years “being on top of the pyramid”
Sketches of dress design and skateboard

“I’m going for the gold”
On stage:
Male singing voice, performed Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance”
Judges’ guesses: Johnny Weir, Adam Rippon, Jonathan Van Ness, Christian Siriano

REVEALED to be legendary Olympic figure skater Johnny Weir

ICE CREAM

Clue package:
“Every day is cheat day” (cheat codes, perhaps?)
Showed him in a mansion with lots of cash flying around
Growing up “caught flak for doing the things that I liked the most, no one thought I could amount to much, even my mom and dad had their doubts”
“But I believed in my ridiculous dreams, and I turned my fantasy into a reality, I’ve got over a billion reasons to be proud” (could mean billion viewers or followers)
Lots of gold coins shown
They karate-chopped a cement block and do an air-punch
“Used to performing in front of millions,” held up headphones next to their ears
“Being here is a game changer because I’m behind a different kind of mask,” bodyguards wearing emoji masks, throwing cash at Ice Cream, doing backup dances
Wants to take “this competition to the next level”

On stage:
Performed “Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus
Said “I’m sweet and everybody loves me”
Judges’ guesses: Rob Dyrdek, Calvin Harris, Snapchat co-creator Evan Spiegel, Marshmello

REVEALED to be "Ninja," a Video Game Guy

THINGAMAJIG

Clue package:
Rapped his clues
“I’m a gentle giant”
Magic themes: Has a “magic case” with wings and pulled out scarves and feathers
Puzzle piece imagery: “Puzzling question comes to mind”
Loves singing but “you may think that’s not my thing”
“I’m more than fashion shoots and a dream”
Image of sneakers
The number 4 on top of a cupcake
“All the stars led to this gig”

On stage:
Appears even taller than host Nick Cannon, who said he’s 6’1″
Male singing voice, sang “Easy” by the Commodores
Judges’ guesses: Michael Strahan, Steph Curry, Dennis

Other guesses: Chauncey Billups, Victor Oladpio

*** GOON TAKE:

IcePhoenix posted:

Before I forget I want to put down my guess for Thingamajig: Jamaal Wilkes

Reasoning is: won 4 nba titles (the cupcake with a 4), with the Warriors (blue and gold handkerchiefs) and the showtime Lakers (handkerchiefs changed into a purple and yellow feather boa), the latter team was led by...Magic Johnson. He was also a multi-time allstar.

SKELETON

Clue package:
Chose skeleton because “I have no fear of death”
Has “been around the block a few times, but I’m far from dead”
Maybe not known for leading role: “I always provided support,” but “tired of playing second fiddle,” “I finally get that spotlight all to myself”
References to Saturday Night Live catchphrases: “Party on dudes,” “Wild and crazy party,” along with images of Christmas sweaters

On stage:
Appears shorter in stature
Male voice, performed Sugarhill Gang’s “Rapper’s Delight”
Did comedic bits on stage

Judges’ guesses: Jon Cryer, Nathan Lane, Martin Short, Dana Carvey

*** GOON TAKE:

quote:

ihatepants posted:
I'm glad you dug the thread up! This season's off to a great start--Im actually really impressed by (most of) the contents so far.

As usual, I don't really have a ton of guesses, but currently I am 99% sure that Skeleton is Dan Aykroyd. He's been second fiddle his entire career, he's obsessed with crystal skulls, and there were a couple SNL references in his clue package.

I think Aykroyd is too tall. I'm thinking it's Paul Shaffer who famously played second fiddle to Letterman and was also a member of SNL's house band and was regularly in sketches.

Edit: I'm now sure of my answer. I just checked and there were exactly 4261 episodes of Letterman.

REVEALED to be Paul Schaffer. Nice work ihatepants!

LADYBUG
]

Clue package:
TV game show set: “Welcome to spin your wheel”
“After a lifetime of drama, I can really use a little love and a lot of luck”
Appeared to be Brady Bunch-like grid with pictures of turkey leg, pumpkin, picture of a bridge, stuffed puppy toy, gavel, scorpion, skull, police car, and baseball bat
“Born into limelight,” had to keep track of “every piece of gossip and family feud”
Couldn’t win no matter how much they tried
The “chance to be anonymous” makes them feel like they won “a prize”
Wants to perform without “fear of being judged"

On stage:
Female singing voice, sang Bonnie Tyler’s “Holding Out for a Hero”
Also used an exaggerated Southern accent, said they’ve “been through so much in my life”

Judges’ guesses: Lily Collins, Lindsay Lohan, Willow Smith, Jamie Lynn Spears

ROTTWEILER

Clue package:
“Gotta look your best,” getting groomed, wearing gold chain
Football player or actor who played one? “Touched a pigskin under the friday night lights”
Image of a record player
“Being a hungry competitor is actually how I rose to fame, it happened almost overnight” with shot of a bouquet of blue roses
Fantasy champion ring
Bitten by a Rottweiler as a kid
Wants to show “doubters it’s not over”
Bowtie is blinged out

On stage:
Male singing voice, sang “Maneater” by Hall & Oates
Said they’re “loyal” and have a “wait and see attitude”

Judges’ guesses: Russell Wilson, Brian Littrell, Nick Lachey, JC Chavez, Bruno Mars

Twitter spilled the beans and he will be REVEALED as American Idol contestant Chris Daughtry.

TREE

Clue package:
Themes about an absence: “I love getting dolled up as your favorite tree, but when the season is over there’s no use for me,” plus images of public storage); “such a shame that I spent so long in exile”
A one-hit wonder? “I sit wishing the world wouldn’t ignore that I’m more than just one thing that you know me for”
The number 30 is shown prominently in a shot outside the storage unit
Clip of the tree in an older model black and white TV set
Food/baking themes: “I could dish out more talents to make the world smile,” plus images of measuring cups and sugar; “I’m more than an expert in delicious treats, if you recall”
“Like the old entertainers who could do it all, so that’s why I’m here to jazz up my career”
This is their “first live performance”

On stage:
Female singing voice, sang “High Hopes” by Panic at the Disco
Said “I’m festive and fun, and I like everyone together” and to “have a good time”

Judges’ guesses: Beverly D’Angelo, Zooey Deschanel, Rachael Ray, Wendi McLendon-Covey

*** GOON TAKE:

DocBubonic posted:

I have a suspicion that Christmas tree is Cassandra Peterson A.K.A. Elvira. The reason for my hunch is that she said she's only thought of during one season. I think the Christmas tree stuff is only a red herring.

BUTTERFLY

Clue package:
Has been waiting for “metamorphosis” this past year
Connections to London: “I’m terrified of the one place I used to call home”
Also supporting the London theme: pictures of Big Ben and a double-decker bus
Religious imagery: baptism, stained glass, a cross, “I’m here to take you to church, can I get an amen?”

On stage:
Slender frame
Female singing voice, belted out “Bang Bang” by Jessie J and Ariana Grande
Has (or can mimic) a Southern accent: “Bless your heart … I’ve got a lot of soul in these wings”
Judges’ guesses: Cara Delevigne, Fantasia, Mel B, Diana Ross, Twiggy

Leading guess: Michelle Williams from Destiny’s Child

GROUP C

FLAMINGO

Clue package:
Pink set
“Zootube channel,” video screen seen onscreen
Boombox, pink belt shown
“I’m gonna let you in on all my tips and tricks” – makeup, life advice, etc
Knows what it’s “like to be trapped in career”
“Here to take control of my DESTINY”
Held a fluorescent tube light
“About time this badass birdie got to show her feathers again”

On stage:
Female voice, sang Jonas Brothers’ “Sucker”
“Flamingos are a symbol of very luxurious vacations”

Judges’ guesses: Olivia Jade, Kandi Burruss, Tia Mowry

Other guesses: Again, I'm old, but my wife and the Internet are 100% certain it's Adrienne Bailon from the Cheetah Girls

BLACK WIDOW

Clue package:

“Hide in plain sight, when they strike you know it”
A painting of a peach (are they from Georgia?)
A film slate shown, reference to a “director’s cut of my life” and “deleted scenes”
A crown, “Welcome to my empire”
“More alien than you know me to be”
“I’m here to curl my way to the top and spin a web around the competition to win the golden mask”

On stage:
Female singing voice, sang Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance With Somebody”
Said “I like to hide until it’s time to feast”

Judges’ guesses: Amber Riley, Yvette Nicole Brown, Sherri Shepherd

Other guesses: Raven-Symone

REVEALED to be Raven Symoné

LEOPARD

Clue package:
Taller than 6’1 Cannon
I am adaptable and can survive anywhere
I know what it’s like to be at the top
“Heavy-hitter, no one can catch me”
Reference to tabloids, what they’re wearing and relationships
Showed a clock, and newspaper with the headline “Out of hits, out of time”
Bedroom set with men wearing nightcaps and pillow fighting

On stage:
Male sounding voice, sang “Somebody to Love” by Queen
Appeared several inches taller than Cannon
“Hit on” Cannon onstage, said “Leopards can be fierce and yet so divine”

Judges’ guesses: Billy Porter, Robbie Williams, Jamie Foxx

Other guesses: RuPaul, Todrick Hall, Omarosa Manigault, Seal

PANDA

Clue package:

Dedicated clue package to “Papa Bear”
Said that the panda reminded them of their dad’s strength
Jungle/forest theme
Says shyness is a virtue, don’t need to come into the room “banging your chest”
Came from “famous family in the forest”
Loves to sing, other contestants won’t be “a match”
Book with “Cooking Like Momma Does” on it
A bee is shown

On stage:
Lower female voice, sang “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” by Kelly Clarkson
“I’m lovable but fierce”

Judges’ guesses: Queen Latifah, Ronda Rousey, Martha Stewart, Serena Williams

REVEALED to be Laila Ali, former pro boxer and daughter of 3-time heavyweaight world champion Muhammad Ali

GROUP D

...will be introduced on Wednesday, October 9th. They include:

EAGLE

REVEALED to be Dr. Drew (Pinsky)

FLOWER

PENGUIN

REVEALED to be comedienne Sherri Shepherd

FOX :ocelot:

Hazo fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 7, 2019

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Vulture's review of this season's costumes https://www.vulture.com/2019/09/the-masked-singer-season-2-costumes.html

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
The best part of season 1 was Joel McHale's attitude when he guest hosted and Jenny McCarthy's idiot guesses. I am overjoyed to hear McHale will be back this season as a guest host (please do not hold back on the snark this season), but I kind of hate that McCarthy is back (I am trying to ignore her anti-vax bullshit, but it's hard). While her guesses were one of the best parts of season 1, they grew tiresome by the end of the season (especially when McHale's sarcasm wasn't there to offset it). Actually outside of Robin Thicke, all the judges are pretty bad (even Ken tries way too hard no matter if he is being funny or sincere).

Still I will be watching season 2 and rolling my eyes at another 'Beyonce' guess as the episodes show up on Hulu.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bringing my prediction for Thingamajig over

IcePhoenix posted:

Before I forget I want to put down my guess for Thingamajig: Jamaal Wilkes

Reasoning is: won 4 nba titles (the cupcake with a 4), with the Warriors (blue and gold handkerchiefs) and the showtime Lakers (handkerchiefs changed into a purple and yellow feather boa), the latter team was led by...Magic Johnson. He was also a multi-time allstar.

it's sort of a long shot and a lot of people seem to think it's Victor Oladipo who also fits really well and would probably make more sense

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I don't think it is, but Russel Wilson is just cheesy enough to be on the show.

Also I really hope Pewdipie isn't.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Failson posted:

I don't think it is, but Russel Wilson is just cheesy enough to be on the show.

Also I really hope Pewdipie isn't.

I had a hell of a time trying to explain who Ninja is. Pewds would’ve been a nightmare. :sweatdrop:

(Oh my gosh the thread title... :allears: )

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The first two were easy-ish. Egg was pretty obvious from the clues, and I got in the ballpark for Ice Cream. I'm just not well versed enough on the world of Twitch streamers.

I love this goofy show, but I'm staunch on my stance they should have gotten rid of Jenny as a judge.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LadyPictureShow posted:

I love this goofy show, but I'm staunch on my stance they should have gotten rid of Jenny as a judge.

everyone is

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Egg was CLEARLY better than Skeleton and I'm angry Skeleton is still in this thing.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:fry:
This season is already a lot more fun! Much better vocal coaching and song choice, everyone got to shine in their own right! :woop:

Comedy Guess:

Rottweiler is Michael Vick. :laugh:

Failson posted:

Wear the turban, Nick.

Literally my first thought.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Egg was CLEARLY better than Skeleton and I'm angry Skeleton is still in this thing.

:emptyquote:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hooray, one of maybe two network television shows I've bothered watching this year is back!!

I got blindsided by this one since we stopped watching cable. Saw the premiere pop up on Hulu. I know what we're watching this weekend! :allears:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I'm so glad this show is back! It's something silly and entertaining that also keeps the kiddos attention cuz she dances to the performances.

Ladybug: Kelly Osborne?

Skelton: At first I thought he was Dan Aykroyd but when he was talking it confirmed for me its Paul Shaffer

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Haschel Cedricson posted:

:same:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Anyone else think Nicole Scherzinger was drunk? I know she has/had drinking problems and in this episode she looked half in the bag. I wish they had replaced her with one of the guest judges from last season.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Honestly looking forward to this dumb little show tomorrow.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:fry:
This season is already a lot more fun! Much better vocal coaching and song choice, everyone got to shine in their own right! :woop:

Comedy Guess:

Rottweiler is Michael Vick. :laugh:

Literally my first thought.

:emptyquote:

:magical:

Joel should have been added as to the panel permanently. I'm glad he's coming back, but it was all way too positive.

Jenny guessing HER HUSBAND DONNIE WHALBERG. WHO IS HER HUSBAND, THAT SHE IS MARRIED TO, HIS NAME IS DONNIE WHALBURG...

Got old last season, isn't better this season.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That chick is a cancer in the show and I hate that polite society keeps overlooking her garbage.

But goddamn those sequins on some of the costumes :syoon:

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
I have a suspicion that Christmas tree is Cassandra Peterson A.K.A. Elvira. The reason for my hunch is that she said she's only thought of during one season. I think the Christmas tree stuff is only a red herring.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DocBubonic posted:

This is good!

Also it would be hard to hide her figure with any outfit that incorporated normal proportions

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

DocBubonic posted:

Ooooh, that's really good!

And indeed, the budget increase going to sequins is a good thing.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sorry for the delay guys. The summaries of the first round contestants are up. Thank you to DocBubonic, asecondduck, and IcePhoenix for hot smoldering Goon Takes.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

I have a way out guess for the Leopard. My guess is based on their behavior and mannerisms. My guess is John Waters

For Panda Mariel Hemingway.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 3, 2019

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Episode 2 ending spoilers: Panda being Laila Ali feels like it should have been so obvious in retrospect

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DocBubonic posted:

Holy poo poo this is a good guess. Well done.

Color Printer posted:

Episode 2 ending spoilers: Panda being Laila Ali feels like it should have been so obvious in retrospect

I actually guessed who Panda was correctly during their clue package but Robin shouting their name out out before the performance convinced me that I was wrong. Whoops!

Black Widow speculation: Raven-Symone, 100%. There was a "...'s home" joke (she's currently starring on Raven's Home), Raven guest starred on Empire, the joke about not being an alien was a reference to Zenon, and you can maaaaybe stretch "Black" widow as a hint to her first name

I have absolutely nothing on Flamingo or Leopard, though. Flamingo sounds super familiar but I can't place her.

[Edit: The internet as a whole is pretty sure Leopard is Ru Paul, which is straight up wrong, but there's a vocal minority that's pretty sure it's Seal, which is a drat solid guess (British accent when speaking, "Leopard" seal) but I'm not aware of any major controversies around him, and also... I dunno, Leopard is more flamboyant than I'd expect Seal to be?]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 3, 2019

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm convinced that Leopard is Jamie Foxx

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Ratmtattat posted:

I'm convinced that Leopard is Jamie Foxx

how does it feel to have the same opinion as jenny mccarthy??

leopard conjecture: I guessed Ru Paul before he started singing, so I'm sticking with it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It feels way too obvious but I definitely think Flamingo is a youtuber. Maybe iJustine or Jenna Marbles? Those are the only two early youtube big ones I can really name. I know iJustine managed to start an acting career based on her youtube fame at least.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Calling it now: Leopard is Billy Porter from Pose (and Kinky Boots on Broadway.)

Also the Fox is James Marsden.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

IcePhoenix posted:

It feels way too obvious but I definitely think Flamingo is a youtuber. Maybe iJustine or Jenna Marbles? Those are the only two early youtube big ones I can really name. I know iJustine managed to start an acting career based on her youtube fame at least.

Flamingo is 100% Adrienne, according to people who are fans of the Cheetah Girls.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

I was thinking over who could be the leopard and looking at peoples guesses. How tall is Leopard? I looked up Nick Cannon's height and he's 6 foot even. If leopard was taller than Nick, then I think that might add some evidence to people's guesses in the thread.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

HUGE update completed on the singer bios. Everyone should have updated info and animated gifs.

I also checked about Leopard with my friend and her wife who are HUGE drag fans, and they said without a doubt it is not RuPaul. Which prompted me to catch on the idea that it's Todrick Hall. It sounds a lot like him when he sang on Bob's Burgers and he's got a good sense of humor. I'm probably wrong but I want it to be true.

Also: RE Thingamajig: It seems pretty apparent he's a basketball player. Famous players who have both worn the number 4 and played for the Orlando Magic include Chauncey Billups, Victor Oladpio, and Shawn Kemp.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 4, 2019

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Leopard could be Dennis Rodman, he's already been namechecked this year.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
There's a bunch of really good singers this season! Good start, hopefully there aren't any more lameass internet famous nobodies under the mask.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Failson posted:

Leopard could be Dennis Rodman, he's already been namechecked this year.
Rodman is straight. It could be a straight guy "pretending to be gay" with the lilting speech and constant hitting on Nick, but that would be taken as pretty tasteless and offensive once the person is revealed.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hazo posted:

Rodman is straight. It could be a straight guy "pretending to be gay" with the lilting speech and constant hitting on Nick, but that would be taken as pretty tasteless and offensive once the person is revealed.

Y'know, that logic actually makes a stronger argument for Leopard being Rodman

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I won't be satisfied unless one of the singers is unmasked to reveal T-Pain again.

And man, the audience can't vote for poo poo. Leopard got sent to the head-to-head? :cmon:

E: also, holy poo poo stop guessing Sherri Shepherd

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

LadyPictureShow posted:

I won't be satisfied unless one of the singers is unmasked to reveal T-Pain again.

Could you imagine

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LadyPictureShow posted:

And man, the audience can't vote for poo poo. Leopard got sent to the head-to-head? :cmon:

E: also, holy poo poo stop guessing Sherri Shepherd

I think they voted against Leopard because they wanted to know who the gently caress it was.

(Also the voting is probably BS)

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

I have a suspicion about Penguin. Due to her height and the sound of her voice: Wand Sykes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

With the Fox, I feel like it's James Marsden. In the intro hints the red wash on the panels and the 'superhero' mention relating to his role of Cyclops? and with the costume the Fox only has one eye, and the mechanical parts could be a nod to him being in Westworld.

Also, holy Hell at the Eagle reveal at the end of the episode. Absolutely never would have guessed that.

:argh:Stop loving guessing Sherri Shepherd!:argh: