Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Rottweiler is easily the best singer of the bunch and that includes season 1. I don't know how that voice isn't a mega-star. Any result other than 'winner' is immediately suspect. Every performance has sounded at least as good as the professionally recorded original, if not better. From a dude in a giant mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He's probably got the best voice yeah but I think everyone else's performances overall are better. I think Fox is going to win because of that, with Flamingo second and Rottweiler third.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, that's probably the result, but if it was up to me, I'd swap Fox and Flamingo there. She's been killing it.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FistEnergy posted:

Rottweiler is easily the best singer of the bunch and that includes season 1. I don't know how that voice isn't a mega-star. Any result other than 'winner' is immediately suspect. Every performance has sounded at least as good as the professionally recorded original, if not better. From a dude in a giant mask.

I can't take credit for this solve but Reddit has the Rottweiler pegged as Chris Daughtry who was on American Idol to that tracks

Personally I think Flamingo and Leopard are also fantastic and I'm disappointed that neither of them went for All I Want Is For Christmas is you on this week's episode.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Kens rationale for VO made it so obvious that they are fed answers. It was completely different to his typical real guesses. Sorry to peel back the curtain, but this is a TV show after all.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Kens rationale for VO made it so obvious that they are fed answers. It was completely different to his typical real guesses. Sorry to peel back the curtain, but this is a TV show after all.

Ken was funny in the first season, this season he's just been really irritating.

The Fox is so blatantly extra text Wayne Brady that it's absurd that anyone thinks it's anyone else. Especially the Jamie Foxx guesses.

Leopard being extra text Seal was also incredibly obvious and in reality all 4 panelists should have correctly identified him.

I'm really looking forward to the UK version next year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Waltzing Along posted:

Again though, who cares?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Dell_Zincht posted:

Ken was funny in the first season, this season he's just been really irritating.

The Fox is so blatantly extra text Wayne Brady that it's absurd that anyone thinks it's anyone else. Especially the Jamie Foxx guesses.

Leopard being extra text Seal was also incredibly obvious and in reality all 4 panelists should have correctly identified him.

I'm really looking forward to the UK version next year.

I just dont get Leopard's behavior the entire season. Like, he was REALLY selling the character he was playing. I'll leave it at that.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FistEnergy posted:

I just dont get Leopard's behavior the entire season. Like, he was REALLY selling the character he was playing. I'll leave it at that.

I would argue that Leopard and Thingamajig understand the show better than most contestants. If you're gonna sing in goofy, anonymous costumes, you should camp it up or make it memorable in some way.

Plus Leopard being super camp completely threw off the judges despite his voice being super recognizable once you were listening for it.

...he really committed to a level that surprised me though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

asecondduck posted:

I would argue that Leopard and Thingamajig understand the show better than most contestants. If you're gonna sing in goofy, anonymous costumes, you should camp it up or make it memorable in some way.

Plus Leopard being super camp completely threw off the judges despite his voice being super recognizable once you were listening for it.

...he really committed to a level that surprised me though.

Yep, it's the reason I just got completely thrown off. Ladybug too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There's some that are just so drat random that you're surprised they're there like famous Dr. Dr. Drewman the TV Doctor. It seems like the more professional performers know to affect some kind of thing to draw attention to them but also to throw people off a bit. Rabbit in S1 was like this. It was a whole-rear end character.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The whole show is pretty camp, to be fair: The flamboyant costumes, the over the top mannerisms in the clue packages (often featuring shirtless men.)

I think the general tone of the show leans into the theatrical aspect quite nicely, everything else is big and over the top, so why shouldn't the characters be, too?

Leopard really should have made a better attempt to disguise his accent, though. So so obvious.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Dell_Zincht posted:

The whole show is pretty camp, to be fair: The flamboyant costumes, the over the top mannerisms in the clue packages (often featuring shirtless men.)

I think the general tone of the show leans into the theatrical aspect quite nicely, everything else is big and over the top, so why shouldn't the characters be, too?

Leopard really should have made a better attempt to disguise his accent, though. So so obvious.

I'll admit, I was torn between Billy Porter and Seal for a while. I was never on board with RuPaul, since he seemed too short to be Ru, and it felt too obvious.

I really want to see others go full camp, or at least fully into the character like Leopard and, to a lesser extent, Thingamagig did. It's great when it's not just a couple comments or movements, but the full character for the full time onscreen.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.instagram.com/p/B53zyRNH3y3

lol

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm not saying that's Joel McHale but that's Joel McHale

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Based on their final performances, I think the results were in the right order, impressive

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Based on their final performances, I think the results were in the right order, impressive

I'll agree with that, but based on overall performances I think second and third should have been switched.

I was joking with the wife about Fox's song turning into Otis and then they did it. Amazing.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I am so happy my favorite won this season, I am glad Host of Let's Make a Deal, Wayne Brady won and when they were talking to the judges about depression and being judged spoke out to me

This show works because you never know who is behind the masks, actors and musicians are on the level playing field, and just like tonight, surprises around every corner. I am so glad they won the show, and I hope people see them for their true talent and not judge them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I loved that Fox snuck one last clue into the song itself. Wonder how many people picked up on it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

After all the reveals, I now kinda wish Rottweiler had won, just for the sheer confusion.

We had absolutely zero clue who he was.

Is he well known outside of losing an early season of American Idol, and I'm just out of touch?

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

LadyPictureShow posted:

After all the reveals, I now kinda wish Rottweiler had won, just for the sheer confusion.

We had absolutely zero clue who he was.

Is he well known outside of losing an early season of American Idol, and I'm just out of touch?

My pop culture/music knowledge is minimal and I didn't know a lot of these people but they had him figured out on Survivor Sucks by his second performance and clue package, I think.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Well I caught up on the finale and I have to say that top 3 order was exactly right.

I'm not American and haven't seen Wayne Brady on TV since Whose Line is it Anyway? so I had no idea how much older he looked these days.

The big problem with this show is the internet. YouTube commenters correctly guessed every single character after their first appearance/clue package. I guess the obvious solution is to stay the gently caress off the internet if you don't want it spoiling but that's easier said than done these days.

I'm guessing Season 3 has already been filmed if it's airing in early 2020?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reddit had identified Rottweiler after their first performance/clue package. The version of Alive they performed definitely seemed informed by their "style", too.

I think next season I'm not going to check the subreddit next year. They're too goddamn good at guesses there and it ruins the surprise.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's what I did this season after making the same mistake for season 1. It's a lot more fun just guessing with a small group of people like y'all.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I'm going to try to keep up with this thread and just guess as well. It's more fun here.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm gonna hope that they realize Jenny is a garbage person doing huge amounts of harm to the country and can her.
And that they also realize Ken is about as funny as your child getting measles because of some stupid bitch who listens to Jenny and can him, too.

About the finale: I could tell Fox was going to win based on his performance. Do your best last for best results. I think peacock would have won S1 if he hadn't had his worst performance in the finale. I still think his All of Me is the best performance anyone has done and would have won the whole thing had he closed with it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

asecondduck posted:

Reddit had identified Rottweiler after their first performance/clue package. The version of Alive they performed definitely seemed informed by their "style", too.

I think next season I'm not going to check the subreddit next year. They're too goddamn good at guesses there and it ruins the surprise.

Yeah, I learned my lesson after like, the second episode of season one, just from reading a couple random articles online.

Making wild guesses with you guys (and all of us using spoiler tags) is a lot more fun and interesting. I won't even google the show because you might get some news article saying 'The Ferret is George Clooney!' right in the headline.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Who's watching?! New group is on right now!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Who's watching?! New group is on right now!

I'm watching!

I'm on a bit of a delay though, just started White Tiger, who I'm preeeety sure is Gronk because he's tall as hell, wore #87 (four score and seven years ago), and was one game away from a perfect season (chasing perfection)

I also absolutely love that they had Jaime Foxx on as a judge so Jenny can't guess him all season :v:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 3, 2020

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

gently caress I completely forgot about the new season. I’ll try and make a new thread. Suggestions for titles are welcome, as I don’t think I can top the current one.

Current consensus among my super bowl party is:

Tiger: Gronk or Brady

Turtle: Jesse McCartney

Llama: They say Rob Dyrdek but I think it could be Tre Flowers (Seattle, black jack equaling 21)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man it's a real shame that they can't get Jamie Foxx to just be a permanent judge

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

early guess for Miss Monster is Chaka Khan

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

For monster I was thinking Carole King because her last clue was "will you still love me tomorrow?"

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

monster I think Mavis Staples just because she's the last big name, older black diva singer that I know lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My guess was entirely based on the locker # signifying how many grammy's she's won with a small tinge of the voice matching the age

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How in the Hell did Tiger not get kicked first?!

Robot got robbed.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'm guessing robot had somewhere else to be or didn't want to spend another show in that uncomfortable looking suit

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I was so sure Tiger was getting kicked from the middle of his song.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Robot sang his entire song in monotone of course he got kicked first ya dinguses (dingi?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

IcePhoenix posted:

Robot sang his entire song in monotone of course he got kicked first ya dinguses (dingi?)

he at least had a fun personality, and he was better than the stupid tiger meathead