Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I know nothing about hoteps except jokes from shows and stuff. I’ve never met any.

please tell me why I should join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yet2Q0M32GQ

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
that would be my exposure to the rich culture of hoteps

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Yakub, the scientist who invented white people

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

what the gently caress am I looking at here?

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

N. Senada posted:

what the gently caress am I looking at here?

Uncle Wemus posted:

Wikipedia posted:

In the beliefs of the Nation of Islam (NOI), Yakub (sometimes spelled Yacub or Yaqub) was a black scientist who lived "6,600 years ago" and began the creation of the white race. He is said to have done this through a form of selective breeding referred to as "grafting", while living on the island of Patmos.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
proposing this as the cspam hotep gang theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vshzByJjUnE

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
anyways, i do not use the word hotep in a derogatory fashion and i don't think white people should. there is a reactionary afrocentrism but i would prefer to elevate and give a platform to the positive and progressive afrocentrism

coathat
May 21, 2007

White people saying hotep is racist

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
uh oh

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
tariq's musicial side project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsGHdGXg0vE

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

anyways, i do not use the word hotep in a derogatory fashion and i don't think white people should. there is a reactionary afrocentrism but i would prefer to elevate and give a platform to the positive and progressive afrocentrism

coathat posted:

White people saying hotep is racist

this

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

I remember when that guy shot police in Baton Rouge but then the very next day the 2016 RNC started so we were robbed of TV pundits trying to wrap their heads around what a hotep is.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i don't know if black israelites count but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBdk5hDadYE&t=255s

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
also probably the most accessible primer for ppl who are unfamiliar: https://www.theroot.com/hotep-explained-1790854506

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i genuinely have no idea what this word means and assume it's some kind of racial slur

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

alien: covenant was actually an allegory of Yakubs creation of the white race

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ScrubLeague posted:

i genuinely have no idea what this word means and assume it's some kind of racial slur

same but instead i was and remain sure it is related exclusively the the movie bubba ho-tep, which i also have not seen

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

i think its basically like black dudes who are black supremacist and also misogynist

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
that doesn't seem like something we should have a thread in celebration of

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

ScrubLeague posted:

If memory serves, it's the old Egyptian term for 'being at Peace', so it's kinda like salaam or shalom? You'll find a lot of Egyptologists talking about Gods as x-hotep, e.g. Ra-hotep, effectively meaning 'Ra is content'.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

dont say hotep if youre white is the correct take

i love a lot of it sans irony but i would never breech those waters irl

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ScrubLeague posted:

that doesn't seem like something we should have a thread in celebration of

however,

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i would prefer to elevate and give a platform to the positive and progressive afrocentrism

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the term has been misused by stupid people a lot but actual genuine hotep stuff is incredibly funny because its like a weird inversion of nazi mysticism

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Uncle Wemus posted:

why did he do it?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

why did he do it?

Why did the engineers create the Alien?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

why did he do it?

Ultimately because he desired to show that he could, but it ended up taking 600 or so years to successfully create a stable breeding colony of humans who had the "white germ" so most of the work was done by his students.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Farm Frenzy posted:

the term has been misused by stupid people a lot but actual genuine hotep stuff is incredibly funny because its like a weird inversion of nazi mysticism
Its not, what do you mean by that? Like compare hoteps to nazis

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

why did he do it?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

ok this thread was a bad idea and should probably be closed

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
LF had big hotep vibes lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

once i was taking a walk with a girlfriend and a couple black israelites started calling us honkeys and poo poo. she didn't know who they were, so i explained why they were spewing racial slurs and stuff, and she was like "oh so they're racist like you, you hate rich people" and we broke up very shortly thereafter because she was a complete idiot. that's my hotep story

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

cargo cult posted:

LF had big hotep vibes lol

pretty sure the closest lf got was cosplaying mentally ill white people with user names like baby huey newton, which is to say, not close

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is the only video you need to understand:

https://twitter.com/JAYVERSACE/status/1165445792070422528?s=20

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

double negative posted:

pretty sure the closest lf got was cosplaying mentally ill white people with user names like baby huey newton, which is to say, not close
lmfao

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Frog Act posted:

once i was taking a walk with a girlfriend and a couple black israelites started calling us honkeys and poo poo. she didn't know who they were, so i explained why they were spewing racial slurs and stuff, and she was like "oh so they're racist like you, you hate rich people" and we broke up very shortly thereafter because she was a complete idiot. that's my hotep story
lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my understanding is that hotep is just what a woke white person calls any black person who disagrees with them