Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baromodo
Nov 14, 2012
Sorry about your cat, hope he gets well soon. I don't know a whole lot about feline urinary issues unfortunately, I can sympathise with getting landed with a huge vet bill though (luckily insurance paid for most of it). My boy stopped eating and throwing up, resulting in overnight stays, ultrasound, x-rays, IV drips. After all that they still couldn't work out what was the matter. I ended up force-feeding him recovery food with a syringe and holding a bowl of water up to his mouth to drink, thankfully he eventually fully recovered.

I do know that urinary issues are more likely if a cat is dehydrated. If Poose doesn't drink much water, you could try a fountain perhaps? Running water is more enticing to cats. Also make sure the water is away from the food bowl, they tend to prefer that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baromodo
Nov 14, 2012
Good to hear Poose is on the mend. If you do use a syringe, there's a knack to it. Put in the corner of his mouth and aim upwards onto the roof of his mouth, and prepare to get messy! (I don't know about using water I only tried soft pureed food). My cat seems to prefer water that's been sitting out for a while, in case that helps. When he's ill he'll drink if I hold a bowl up to his mouth, which is useful.