Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Yeah, I saw Probst say that in an interview and it made a lot of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It might make sense in how you got certain cast members but it's still a garbage mechanic.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think it makes sense more in an all star season since some people automatically have a target on their back. But the last time it was used wasn’t very compelling and they barely touched on it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

as long as they close EoE at the merge then i will tolerate it

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lone Goat posted:

as long as they close EoE at the merge then i will tolerate it

They won't. It worked exactly as intended last time. Although it was the wrong player.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They won't. It worked exactly as intended last time. Although it was the wrong player.

Correct. It should have been Reem.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Midnightghoul posted:

Correct. It should have been Reem.

:hai:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Bring back reem for second chances 2 but make it also edge of extinction 3 as a nice surprise for her

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

professor metis posted:

Bring back reem for second chances 2 but make it also edge of extinction 3 as a nice surprise for her

You joke but edge was almost on last season.

Like the double tribe tribal council, it just seems like a twist where the response was so negative the first go round, there shouldn’t have even been a possibility of it coming back.

Deceptive
Dec 27, 2012
The biggest problem with EoE is the jury. When the first boot that never met some of the final three members is able to vote for the winner you've got a problem. To quote Russel Hantz talking about the jury "The game is flawed." except for real this time. The players that come back from EoE get to spend so much time with the jury though and don't have to betray them in the game to get back in. You'd really have to be a loathsome or incompetent person to lose a jury vote as an EoE player to anyone but another EoE player. There's plenty of other issues with EoE both as a game mechanic and as a tv product with very few benefits but the jury stuff alone ruins it. It completely undermines the whole point of the game. My only hope for this upcoming season is that the winners all band together to immediately boot out anyone that comes back in from EoE. They can't let the one that comes back at merge survive late enough to hook up with the one that comes back in the final loving episode again.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Deceptive posted:

My only hope for this upcoming season is that the winners all band together to immediately boot out anyone that comes back in from EoE.
I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen, since most of the winners are sensible enough to know that EoE players would vote for an EoE winner even without S38 fresh in their minds still (Didn't Boston Rob/Sophie/Tyson even vote out Redemption Island returnees because of this fear too in their winning seasons?).

Like its not exactly the S38 endgame bozos we're dealing with here.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Random dude showing up in the finale of EoE and winning in 38

This is more what will guarantee the season will be at least "okay." Anyone you care about will always be there. Can't tell you how many seasons start to suck just because everyone you remotely liked gets sent home early.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Tony is going to hit the beach running, get voted out, pull the sail on EoE, then enjoy a vacation from his family. Again.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
When the first player voted out approaches EoE beach, they see a giant wooden bust of Chris, and then he walks out of the jungle to impart EoE wisdom and challenges

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I feel like most people think that Edge would be okay if it stopped at the merge and everyone who lost is gone for good. It's only really Probst who's refusing to compromise because he's thrilled at the idea of a "losers' bracket".

I'm not sure what's gonna come after S40, but if he doesn't actually start taking feedback it might as well be a swan song.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I would like Edge of Extinction more if they threw something out there to harass the contestants. Like bring back that elephant that shat in the drinking water from Africa.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Raxivace posted:

I would like Edge of Extinction more if they threw something out there to harass the contestants. Like bring back that elephant that shat in the drinking water from Africa.

Reem

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

EOE sucks, but will probably be good for returnee seasons. Especially this one being all winners and likely one of the last times any of these people play the game.

Don't see how anyone would play again after playing an all winner season unless they run a Sandra vs whoever ends up winning RI style season...

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

wait actually

make Reem host of edge of extinction

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Raxivace posted:

And Reem earns :10bux: for every person she talks into raising the white flag and quitting.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Midnightghoul posted:

When the first player voted out approaches EoE beach, they see a giant wooden bust of Chris, and then he walks out of the jungle to impart EoE wisdom and challenges

:discourse:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

This doesn't make sense because nobody even knows what Chris looks like, most people these days have come around to the theory Chris never existed at all and it's just Mandala Effect that we "remember" him existing and winning.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

lol

Khanstant posted:

This doesn't make sense because nobody even knows what Chris looks like

that's the beauty of the idea

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can we take bets on how many times "huge threat" will be spoken in the first episode alone.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don’t feel good about her chances. She’s overdoing it.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Sarah may be my least-liked winner so if she repeats I'm going to be so bummed out.

Pretty crazy that she's the last female winner though, we're due for another one (just not her pls).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I think her lawyering Survivor and Cirie was great. But as a person she’s very Trumpy and a Cop so she’s a contender for my poison.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I still kind of want to see a season of first boots.

"They say that you never get a second chance to make a first impression, but these Survivors are going to get that opportunity. They were the first people voted out during their respective season, but now we are giving them another opportunity to impress and one of them will win a million dollars on Survivor: Second Chances!"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That could be fun, or split it between first out and second place.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Zane would have such a target on his back.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
First Boots (either as a full season theme or the theme for one specific tribe) would be worth it entirely for their reaction after the first immunity challenge. If they win you get the most over-the-top genuine celebration ever, and if they lose the dead-eyed stare of horrified impending dread as they know it's about to happen to one of them all over again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TMMadman posted:

I still kind of want to see a season of first boots.

"They say that you never get a second chance to make a first impression, but these Survivors are going to get that opportunity. They were the first people voted out during their respective season, but now we are giving them another opportunity to impress and one of them will win a million dollars on Survivor: Second Chances!"

Even better they can still have the perfect mirror since there's a two time first boot to counter there being a two time winner

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The play 10 website is hot garbage. But Survivor Australia All Stars is starting up on February 3rd and 4th. Still haven't found a good source for the actual air dates to see if they are going to any nonsense like last season and run 4 episodes in the 1st week.

Also, they are already promising another season in the works for 2020.

https://10play.com.au/australian-survivor/articles/all-stars-is-coming-soon-and-heres-why-you-should-be-excited/tpa200102jwtgo

I might make a half rear end thread for it so we can keep the discussions separate for what will be 2 seasons of Survivor running together. Also there's some sort of dick towel thing going on with the contestants thanks to the model David... so if you want to see the host naked except for a bottle of motor oil covering his junk, it's out there...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't know if I ever "want" to see anything, it's more I feel compelled to have seen everything. What is a dick towel outside of that towel-with-dick-screenprint-oni-it from ASIP?

I search Survivor Australia Dick Towel and am not finding wtf you're referencing. Maybe we have different internets.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 29, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

My bad, apparently David called it something else. But oh well. Here you go...

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...27c420ba63ce65d

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
LaPaglia is so much more likable than Probst. Probably because he isn't in charge.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm going to be pretty busy up until when I would normally post a new thread (the week before air, this Wednesday). Anyone want to volunteer for setting it up and posting it? Add funny poo poo, the usual information, yahta yahta?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 30, 2020

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

I'm going to be pretty busy up until when I would normally post a new thread (the week before air, this Wednesday). Anyone want to volunteer for setting it up and posting it? Add funny poo poo, the usual information, yahta yahta?

I haven't done an OP since (I think) South Pacific. I've actually got a touch of freedom over the next handful of days so I'll give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just saw Jeff say in an interview that they didn't invite Hatch back because of his "FNF" antics (Jeff did not use the F word, either of them) and because he may have rubbed his junk on someone in a challenge and it would just not be good to ask him back to today's game