Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If they vote her out I think I'm just going to actively root against the entire tribe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If Elaine or Vince go home these people dropped the ball because clearly that's not the first choice of most of these people. Having the old hockey guy should cinch it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

I helped my friend with his macro nutrient company...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dongweasel humblebrag session hahahaha

:wow:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
just bag that loving douchey poker player and be done with it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Please get rid of the donger before he brings up crypto again

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Still love Sandra.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And Elaine is dead right. Don't get rid of the likable person on the first tribal

The days will get boring, so it's better to keep that funny person around for a while

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Okay this theme is worth it for Sandra's live commentary

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Good tribe!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:laffo:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
votes split between douchebag and the first representative of a minority group ever on the show

but gently caress YES they actually did the right thing and I've been bamboozled

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Ronnie, next time don't push all in with a 72 offsuit!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol At least Elizabeth got bailed out on the no vote thing. So she basically lied for nothing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i love that the challenge was making a miniature version of the tribal council hut area

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Glad Ronnie is gone. This gimmick isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:bisonyes:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I didn't mind Ronnie in the preseason coverage but Elaine caught into him immediately and he definitely was out numbered. Only way he could have survived is if a bunch of scared people voted against their preferences.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Guaranteed snarky Sandra for the whole season is a net good, I liked this first episode.

Lol only two votes for Vince. He got owned.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
HAHAHAHA BIG DISAPPOINTMENT TO THE POKER WORLD HAHAHAHA

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Disappointing to the poker world. :cry:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It felt like a bit of a mess with the start but I'm always a little lost to the cast for the first few weeks and I was a little distracted. I'll probably rewatch this weekend.

Still I like Vince and Elaine, Sandra and Rob were fun, and the only person who really stood out as unlikable got got. So not a bad start.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I really liked the first episode. I was nervous because I thought Rob and Sandra would be dumb but it wasn't bad at all

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I hope there are no loose HII around and any advantage in the game would have to be achieved through a Rob or Sandra challenge. That would really shake things up.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

AWarmBody posted:

I hope there are no loose HII around and any advantage in the game would have to be achieved through a Rob or Sandra challenge. That would really shake things up.

I think that would result in players Rob likes getting rewards more easily.

I like Rob but I don't think he has anything approaching objectivity.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

TMMadman posted:

lmao

I helped my friend with his macro nutrient company...

What the gently caress are macro nutrients? I'm imagine Vitamin Cs the size of Sesame Street letters

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

What the gently caress are macro nutrients? I'm imagine Vitamin Cs the size of Sesame Street letters

Macronutrients are Carbohydrates, Protien, and Fat. Essentially the three sources of calories.

Guy was probably selling blockchain soylent crossfit powder

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I would think your guess was right, at the same time, it kind of sounds like every restaurant in the world is a macronutrient business.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

I would think your guess was right, at the same time, it kind of sounds like every restaurant in the world is a macronutrient business.

Sounds better on the resume than "swept the floor at that failed restaurant that only served deconstructed avocado toast"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

blue squares posted:

I think that would result in players Rob likes getting rewards more easily.

I like Rob but I don't think he has anything approaching objectivity.

lol ok buddy slow down

the idols prob get a script of things to offer, but elizabeth took the worst deal imaginable so we won't know what else he had

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My phone pushed some interview about why Jeff wasn't there for the initial stranding and elaborated on the Sandra and Rob process. Seems like Sandra and Rob actually collaborated quite a bit throughout the show, which almost sounds like production just had a vague idea of two megstar$ as the gimmick and figured god would sort it out. Either way, it seems like Rob and Sandra have the option to choose 1 to 3 tribals as the no-vote risk, which is what Rob was alluding to with deal making. It's kind of odd though, because it's no every often in Survivor you really get to bargain like that. Heck, Jeff might sass you hard if you try to negotiate with him a la DvG.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, I'm curious what other options there were. Or maybe if she declined, they would have handicapped Rob on the fire making some. Like raise up his string...

Also, many were wondering what CBS was paying Rob and Sandra to do this. While they are obviously getting $. I feel like the ego boost is probably enough for Rob.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I'm sure they're being paid well but they get to be on TV and do everything they love while everyone fawns all over them and they're staying in nice conditions and not having to do any of the bad stuff about Survivor. Its not a bad gig.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol At least Elizabeth got bailed out on the no vote thing. So she basically lied for nothing.

Lying for nothing would mean they found out about her non-vote. Nobody knows so that's still what she lied for.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, I'm curious what other options there were. Or maybe if she declined, they would have handicapped Rob on the fire making some. Like raise up his string...

Also, many were wondering what CBS was paying Rob and Sandra to do this. While they are obviously getting $. I feel like the ego boost is probably enough for Rob.

But according to Rob he wouldn't take their first offer and would ask for more because that's how that game is played.

That whole setup of Idol Island was ridiculous; nothing indicated the new player could ask for a different deal than what was offered. I really hoped that she pocketed the flint when no one was looking.

"Okay Elizabeth, time to get in the boat and return to camp"

"No, make me a better offer or I'm going to stay here, miss Tribal council and return in the morning".

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Sep 26, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Logic posted:

That whole setup of Idol Island was ridiculous; nothing indicated the new player could ask for a different deal than what was offered.

That's some nice username/post synergy

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

How about you not take the incredibly lovely deal that you're guaranteed to lose?? "Keep your vote" is already a better offer than "lose your vote for no reason, like a dumbass".

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I do wonder if he would have rewarded her for realizing it was a bad deal, and that's why he was saying she had no idea what else he had in his back pocket.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I think they sent the worst possible person to Day 1 of the Island of the Idols haha. She sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I do wonder if he would have rewarded her for realizing it was a bad deal, and that's why he was saying she had no idea what else he had in his back pocket.

At least rewarded her with a better deal or some sort of handicap, yeah. That's the impression that I got