Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Philthy posted:

Fourth episode okay not everyone is a total rear end in a top hat, and some people are actually normal and worth watching. Looking forward to watching more tonight with the wife as it left off with enough of craziness cliffhangerons.

blue squares posted:

"Thanks for the Naked and Afraid XL suggestion."

Then proceeds to poo poo all over the show. I don't get it

Sometimes you need to watch a few episodes to get into a show. I didn't like the first episode of the Circle, but by the 4th episode I was all onboard for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The original Naked and Afraid is good terrible TV too by the way, almost every episode is "two people who kind of hate each other"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

precision posted:

The original Naked and Afraid is good terrible TV too by the way, almost every episode is "two people who kind of hate each other"

My favorite was the guy who quit smoking like the day before he went out there, and I think brought duct tape with him. Then peaced out after like 4 days because he was going through nicotine withdrawel and left his partner by herself for 17 days or something like that by herself.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think that guy was on a second time too

My favorite Survivor play at home game is "spot the withdrawal".

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I would definitely not want to see a stranger naked in the middle of the outdoors for a month. It’d make me appreciate clothing so much more.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wouldn't really care at all, but man, I don't even like to walk from the shower to my closet with my bits hanging out, gently caress being around hard rocks and trees and bugs without at least a loincloth

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

SalTheBard posted:

Sometimes you need to watch a few episodes to get into a show. I didn't like the first episode of the Circle, but by the 4th episode I was all onboard for more.

Yeah, I think we're almost finished with S1 and it's been pretty good beyond the insane drama of the first few episodes. Some of the people still have their lovely baggage but they've learned how to keep it in check because of other circumstances.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

precision posted:

I wouldn't really care at all, but man, I don't even like to walk from the shower to my closet with my bits hanging out, gently caress being around hard rocks and trees and bugs without at least a loincloth

drat, dude. That's a step away from Tobias Fünke

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What can I say, I like warm bits!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Naked and Afraid can be cool but they were doing returnees by second season despite very few people on the show being interesting enough to me to want to see a second time. I guess I was rooting fro the Afraid rather than the Naked.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Without a prize there’s probably a limited pool of people to draw from.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You know, while most things would be outright impossible to smuggle on to the show, LSD would be possible (maybe even somewhat easy depending on the producers) and I wonder if anyone has ever spent their first day on the island tripping balls. I sure as hell would.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

In a game for a million dollars that's incredibly hard to get cast on, that would be a monumentally stupid way to be the first boot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
People can do all kinds of things on acid without giving it away though. Like that dude who pitched a no-hitter on acid

Hell with how hyper aware acid makes you to other people's emotions and nonverbal cues, it could be a benefit

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I'd rather see Naked and Afraid people trip balls. They would either hug the panthers or scream endlessly. Or probably both in that order.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

Some shameful part of me that gets amused watching really broken people suffer but try and make the best of it or something.
No reason for shame. "Watching broken people suffer but try to make the best of it" can describe 99% of all TV shows, from Wagon Train and The Honeymooners and Sgt Bilko and Lost In Space to Us, and Chernobyl, and Marvelloud Mrs Maisel and Lost in Space and Big Brother and Survivor...

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

STAC Goat posted:

Some shameful part of me that gets amused watching really broken people suffer but try and make the best of it or something.

Turn off your monitor for a good time :agesilaus:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They still haven't released the full cast. But Australian Survivor All Stars is starting on Feb 3rd! https://10daily.com.au/entertainment/tv/a200105gdmwy/the-countdown-is-on-we-finally-have-a-start-date-for-survivor-all-stars-20200106

Although the notable returnees that have been announced are 2 of the shows winners, Shane Gould and Jericho. Also the challenge beast Locke is coming back.

It'll probably be more entertaining than the all winners US season...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The fact that both Henry and David are coming back is gonna be gold.

Kinda meh that they brought back Tarzan and Zack, and ha at bringing back Daisy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, but at the same time their pool of players to cast an all stars season is 95 so their options were probably pretty limited. They still haven't released a full cast so hard to say if they are still trying to do a 24 player season or if they are casting less players for it.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
In tangential Survivor news, today on my way in to work an ostentatious sports car passed me and their license plate was "COACH180".

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ApplesandOranges posted:

The fact that both Henry and David are coming back is gonna be gold.

Kinda meh that they brought back Tarzan and Zack, and ha at bringing back Daisy.
Zack is the worst one, that guy sucked as I recall. Hope he gets booted early. The rest of the cast is pretty stellar

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Fast Luck posted:

Zack is the worst one, that guy sucked as I recall. Hope he gets booted early. The rest of the cast is pretty stellar

I believe that Benji was supposed to be in that slot, but he couldn't make it so Zack was the backup.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Cast so far is pretty stellar but needs Shonee and Sarah to be complete. David and AK are such gets though. The ads are just such over dramatic, beautiful nonsense :rock:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Fast Luck posted:

You need villains though and Zack was probably the biggest villain the show has had, other than maybe what...David? (who was a superb villain)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I kind of love how lazy Naked and Afraid producers are. In one episode, they're talking about how they're literally starving (after one whole day) and how there's nothing to eat, and then in the next shot you can see the giant pile of bananas next to their camp lmao

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea it’s fuckin funny cause they’re all psychopaths and not survival experts. So they’ll help them stay there if they can for the drama.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dugong posted:

Cast so far is pretty stellar but needs Shonee and Sarah to be complete. David and AK are such gets though. The ads are just such over dramatic, beautiful nonsense :rock:
Full cast is out unofficially if anyone cares to see it

http://insidesurvivor.com/the-cast-for-australian-survivor-all-stars-is-revealed-41940

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Which contestant was it that cut themselves pretty badly on a glass during the "congrats for making the final 2 (or final 3)" meal right before the final tribal council?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Aras slipped and fell on the rocks.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cool, was afraid to look too hard for the full cast due to not wanting to get a spoiler on the winner...

It's a good cast and yea, pulling 24 all stars out of what is probably a 94 player base is bound to get some stinkers in there. (Luke played twice and I'm sure Russel wouldn't qualify as an all star to bring back)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Zack, Tarzan and Mat are probably the biggest misses for me in that cast.

Also, AUS doesn't really have many female villains, huh?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Yeah I’d rather have basically anyone else apart from Zack. It may have been the edit but he came off as less of a villain and more just a dick if memory serves.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ApplesandOranges posted:

Mat was actually a pretty huge power player that just got too controlling too early, iirc. Could be interesting. Tarzan, ehh, I don't mind having a weird early boot guy in there, and he seemed like a decent dude. If Zack could be swapped for Benji this cast would be pretty much perfect. Not having Benji hurts, that guy was gold

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Mat was also practically driftwood in terms of gameplay. He was pretty much 'get into the majority alliance, then get indignant when anyone tries to get out of it'.

And yeah, I'd even take Robbie over Zach. He was the least interesting of the trio but he was probably the least douchey and there were some funny bits with him and Lydia.

But hey, at least we got Shonee so I expect some decent dunking in confessionals.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Yeah shonee is the best. She needs to win. I really don't need to see Sharn again though, despite her playing s decent game last time, with s major bed poo poo at the end.

Edit: shonee kinda needs finella though to really shine. They should be allowed to play as one.

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 9, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.gq.com/story/larry-david-cover-profile-february-2020

Was reading this Larry David interview and it mentioned he had been dating someone called Ashley Underwood, who I think is a survivor contestant. Makes me wonder if the Survivor sketch in Curb Your Enthusiasm was because Larry was inspired by having to think about Survivor via dating this woman. Could also be an unrelated woman with same name though.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Finally finished the first season on N&A XL.

Yikes.

There is so much broken here I can't even go into it all, but once you embraced the insanity it really made the show. The best part is watching people totally stab others in the back and talk massive poo poo, get called out on it, then go to the camera complaining that people thought this. The dude who caught all this food and threw it in everyones face that he wasn't going to share and then ended up giving it to them and then patting himself on the back for doing it. It was surreal. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I have some bad news about the rest of humanity for you.