Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That sure is a gimmick. Easter Island? More like Buster Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wish I could get a sweet gig like Jeff, just make the millions without having to participate in the game for the rest of your life.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You’re not American unless you eat at mediocre chain restaurants.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What’s the point of keeping it a secret though? Even if you don’t know you have to know they have a chance at an idol when they go there.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’d probably absolutely love it too if I was starving but gimme a loving break about all those people saying it’s their favorite food ever like they have a gun pointed to their head for an impromptu commercial.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Robnoxious posted:

Olive Garden fan spotted.

Now that you mention it, Olive Garden has the best food I have ever had. Whenever I go out to eat, that is the first restaurant I choose. They have the best breadsticks in any place in the world and I feel like I am in Italy whenever I go. Like they say: “When you’re here, you’re family.”

This post was sponsored by Olive Garden.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 5, 2019

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

gently caress it I’m in for Karishma winning. She may be whiney and weak but so are most of the other people.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think you’re forgetting Karishmas story, she’s in a loveless arranged marriage and wants out. They’ll eat that up all the way to the end if she ends up there.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Everyone complains about how whiny and lazy she is but everyone is fuckin whiny and lazy.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I love how they conveniently have paints in camp to make fake idols.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Has anyone won by being completely sincere and honest?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Early in the season she talked about being in a pre arranged marriage and how she wanted out. Then as she was ostracized and he showed up she immediately turned to how much she was loved cause she knew she wasn’t winning. Poor girl is abused and nobody gives a poo poo.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

She clarified in exit press that her marriage isn't pre arranged, her parents was and that's what she was referring to. She was pressured to marry early but she dated and chose the guy, but she still got married quicker than she would have liked. She said that her marriage was good but basically in a "five year itch" stage and later in the season as she continued to feel isolated and bullied she did a confessional where she said she was appreciating more the relationship she has with her husband.

I think people in this thread are being incredibly unfair to Karishima and saying lovely stuff, but calling her "abused" seems way too far the other way from what we know.

This season can't end soon enough.

That makes more sense then.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

All these very fit people are bad at physical challenges and I just don’t get it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

And just like Karishma, they’re gonna go hard trying to vote her out. I wish they’d make them work more for the immunity idols if they’re gonna be so prevalent.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If they hated her so much for being weak and whiney, they should have wanted her to make final 3. The show is weird since you have to walk a neutral line, get very lucky, and hope to god you have a good story for the final 3.

Wonder if you could convince like 4 people to go in on voting together and split the million dollars. I would love to see it just to watch the producers poo poo themselves trying to wiggle out of it.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 9, 2019

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Masterchef Aussie is like that too. They must not have much to show during the week. It’s good stuff but real hard to keep up. Just one season is like 30 episodes.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Christian loving stole that whole season. Him talking to Jeff for like an hour during a challenge was amazing.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What a fuckin trooper.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Only took 39 seasons.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Boy what a shitshow this season was. I still loving hate all the idols. If they are good enough to win they shouldn’t need a secret advantage.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If they insist on having them either stop them at like last 8 or make them fuckin work for them like the last one they showed.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well she got 100k so I’m sure she’ll be ok.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They ever let the audience vote for anyone? If nothing else it would be nice for the fan favorite to get a Sia kickback each season.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s a shame.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s whatever, although remember that kid that you could see his heart through his ribcage in the last few seasons? That was pretty gross.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There’s some really nutso people on naked and afraid. Which shouldn’t surprise you since they are just doing it to be on TV and there’s no prize.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I would definitely not want to see a stranger naked in the middle of the outdoors for a month. It’d make me appreciate clothing so much more.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Without a prize there’s probably a limited pool of people to draw from.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea it’s fuckin funny cause they’re all psychopaths and not survival experts. So they’ll help them stay there if they can for the drama.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Least it should be a good season. Not the mostly boring ones we’ve gotten recently.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Survivor 40: All down hill from here.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Boy what if it ends up as a bad season?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think it makes sense more in an all star season since some people automatically have a target on their back. But the last time it was used wasn’t very compelling and they barely touched on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That could be fun, or split it between first out and second place.