Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bigotry doesn’t exist if you try hard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“I want to work with the guy that everyone already wants out” is real solid strategy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Larry the Cable Girl got a solid boot edit right there

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Hollywood talent manager touches women inappropriately news at 11

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was a loving massacre

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

They seemed to just get to a point where they were yelling over each other. One guy is like "maybe this is wrong" and another is like "NO! Leave that!" so nothing happens.

How far behind they were and how much the other tribe was cruising probably just sped up the frustration.

They were just looking for pieces that fit flush on top instead of looking for the right piece.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:laffo:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol At least Elizabeth got bailed out on the no vote thing. So she basically lied for nothing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Karishma stuff feels like she makes it far but the only interesting poo poo they have to show for her is her almost getting voted out a bunch of times.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I used to go to Applebee’s all the time in college because during happy hour I could get cheese sticks and two giant beers for like $10.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RIP Rudy Boesch

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/rudy-boesch-dead-at-91-oldest-survivor-competitor-dies/

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Elizabeth spent her whole life in the USA Swimming program so I’m sure what Dan did was like a regular weekday afternoon for her.

Her being desensitized to it was the least shocking thing to me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Obviously I don’t know what Dan was told, but his actions sure as poo poo made it seem like someone came up to him and just said “hey stop touching people around the camp” nonchalantly instead actually addressing the problem.

The real issue is Production not straightening this out earlier in the season when it first happened.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My pet theory is that Dan wins and they're blocking people from talking in anything other than written form so a pissed off person doesn't spill the beans.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope Lauren wins just for being the only person that isn’t a loving moron.

Dean is an idiot for saying something to Tommy. Karishma is a loving idiot for constantly showing her hand with what she says at Tribal. Everyone is a loving moron.

Also, I hate that Dan sucks so bad as a person because he’s actually a competent player.

I’ll say though, it’s possible with how they edit and stuff that Noura’s blowup happened more gradually at tribal and Dean did it because he wanted to get on the right side of it.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 5, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

People are giving Dean way too much credit to assume he’d play his advantage properly

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm trying to figure out the physics of how you slip on a speed boat and grab a woman's leg unless she's like 8 feet tall or something.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Bloop posted:

There are lots of possible ways but don't even entertain Dan's horseshit

He is the most visible example of someone who keeps doing plausibly-deniable things over and over until all plausibility and charity are gone and you realize he was a loving creep the whole time

oh absolutely.

The funny thing is, I don't even doubt that he probably inadvertently touched her. The issue is that he obviously does it so much that groping a woman's leg is second nature to him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

blue squares posted:

"A lot" was a poor choice, although I kind of feel like anything greater than zero is "a lot" in this case. Including your post, which I had an uncharitable reading of:

I just don't see why people need to speculate how there is maybe a chance it was an accident

"Accident" is a bad descriptor for this because I don't believe it was accidental by any means. My point was that I think he does this disgusting bullshit so often that it's become almost reflexive. If that's viewed as a minimization, I apologize because that's not my intent.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In order, who I think they'd bring back. I'm omitting Kellie because I don't think she'd ever do it.

1. Elaine - obvious
2. Noura - extremely good TV and shakes up the game
3. Jamal - shines at Tribals, honestly. Just a good, smart dude
4. Karishma - she's a total eeyore but they'll chase a redemption story with her
5. Missy - they like aggressive players, even if they're too aggressive. I also think she's someone who would be much better with a little more life experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm curious about karishma's marriage after everything we saw this season. I mean, I know it's not my business at all, but that whole thing was weird and I just want to know lol.