Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I love this "the lesson is don't be a sucker" bit, it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Elphiem posted:

Not enough hot people this season

This is one of those seasons where they skewed older with the castaways, everyone looks like they work in an independent coffee shop from the 90s.

It's Probst's first season in charge of casting, and I guess he doesn't like mactors as much as Spillman did?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It feels like they're trying new stuff with the editing this season, I like it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rob: master negotiator.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Killer pitch from Nora.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I've seen more subtle editing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I like Lauren.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Noura is going to be the person who, in a tribe swap where her tribe is up 4-3, flips to the other side and makes the merge.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

They must do 3-4 takes of the family visit to get the desired amount of crying. I’m never that emotional when I see my mom.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hey if your idol is only good for two tribals

Just burn it asap

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Her voice does travel.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Karishma sucks so much man.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Karishma quoting Littlefinger :ughh:

I don't think she has it in her to fully adopt the Khaos Karishma mantle, but if she does, I'll be forced to stan.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Reddit points out (S40 casting spoilers) that the clips they used from past seasons were all reintroducing S40 players - Rob, Parv, Yul. I think that's a neat way to do it!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Feels like we’re in prime over-playing season.

I really didn’t like the Chelsea boot. I wasn’t really a Chelsea fan but strategically, you think you’re going into a swap and you’re going to leave the player weeping about being on the bottom and piss another guy off instead of just taking the clean boot? What I really don’t understand also is how after the Dean vote gets shut down, Missy didn’t take a hint, said how about Chelsea instead, and then that somehow goes through?? I don’t get how they made that happen.

The best explanation I have is Tom, who they didn't show as part of any strategy talks. Karishma + Missy + Aaron + Tom is four/eight votes, and if Tom was on board with booting Chelsea that makes that the path of least resistance for Elizabeth+Elaine.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vernacular posted:

The thing that confuses me the most is why Elizabeth and Elaine were so bullish about getting rid of Dean in the first place. When's the last time tribes -didn't- swap after four boots?

There have been a few after-two-boots swaps, but the last time a swap was later than 4 was Caramoan, 13 seasons ago.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Khanstant posted:

This is a really baffling quote. Maybe Jeff has a bunch of ex-whitehouse interns in charge of delivering him public feedback.

It's a joke. He's using "irony", the literary device in which you say something but mean its opposite.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

These people are so game for the product placement, I'm into it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Noura's real power is her influence.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

I guess I'm in the minority, which I will accept. It's just hard for me to imagine a situation, which must be occuring, where you don't vote out the person who has to be (literally) dragged through competitions. It's like guaranteeing you'll be back at tribal again.

I don't think they care that much. If they lose two more tribals and have to vote out Dean and Noura, then there's 13 players left and you're at the merge.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't think Jamal got an apology??

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This is a really throwing-heavy season eh.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Does Aaron not realise he's the first one out at the merge if he flips??

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

blue squares posted:

I'm questioning Aaron's decision to be so "yeah we're good." I mean good job preventing a possible idol play but man he made some enemies

Yeah I'm flabbergasted at that. I think Aaron really hurt himself.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jeff I thought we agreed to not talk about edge

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gj editors on giving us the shot of Dean adjusting his junk after he lost

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Aaaaaaaa don't do this just play your idol on yourself

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Whew

Is Kellee going to try to pin the second vote on Karishma?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

curiousCat posted:

Noura and Dean

man this plan had so many moving parts and relied on noura being able to keep her mouth shut and I'm shocked it worked

Noura and Dean even credibly fake-fought at tribal and convinced the rest of the tribe they were at odds! Noura!

And I'm not even sure Kellee is better off than she was before!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

mancalamania posted:

Jamal thought Dean was voting Noura and it was going to be 6-1. With the idol on Noura it’s 0-0 and on the revote the 5 Vokais can vote Karishma.

That said it is kind of needlessly risky. If Dean is playing this idol he obviously doesn’t trust the Noura plan and if he doesn’t trust the Noura plan there’s no guarantee he still votes Noura. I guess Jamal was banking on Dean thinking his idol play was a “I probably don’t need this but just in case...” kind of play.

I understand abstractly "Jamal thought Dean was voting Noura" but, also, very much, Jamal thought that Dean was dumb enough to idol out Noura instead of literally anybody else??

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Or they talk about it on Ponderosa after FTC (they don't hop on a plane right after), or at any time in the past three months

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Marcus knowing Crystal's cousin didn't count for much in Gabon

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

...back to back? ...mature themes????

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

whose leg was Dan groping when he was on the ground?

🙃🙃🙃

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Man rip Kellee's game, that missy poo poo was the worst jury management since HvV

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Aaron's arms looked legit scary there

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Deceptive posted:

How dare you grab the obvious production item. You lose your vote. What bullshit.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Woof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

... why is there a throuple on swat