Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
pony: Kellee, that quote speaks to me

poison: chelsea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
hot take, applebees is fine. not great but fine. i'd be pretty thrilled to get it if i was out there starving.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
if anything good comes out of this episode it's that it hopefully wakes some people up to the poo poo just about all women go through literally their entire lives. aaron's apology seems pretty genuine, not sure i'm feeling the others. but the whole thing felt like it was handled about as poorly as possible. the fact that some people thought it was some sort of gameplay move only proves that when people DO speak up, it gets brushed aside as using unsubstantiated harassment as some sort of angle to get something when that is pretty much never a thing that happens.

it really sours me on this season and i'm not sure i'll keep watching. kellee was the victim and got voted out, so there's no hope of her getting a happy ending by winning. and besides janet, jamal was pretty much the only one left who seemed to understand the heart of the issue and now he's gone too. so i guess i'd like to see janet win but i can't say i'm really interested in seeing how everything else plays out.

i will also say that unrelated to that situation, the 'oops you lost your vote because you opened up an official game thing' was complete garbage. i'm not sure what the best way for jamal to use his blank sheet was. i know that if i got it i'd be pretty screwed because my handwriting is poo poo even if i try to take my time.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

STAC Goat posted:

All the apologizing players talk like they never thought about it between then and the episode and it all caught them by surprise. Its bizarre how completely caught off guard everyone involved in the show seems to have been by this episode they made.

i mean, some of them probably didn't know how bad it was until they saw it. which is a huge part of the problem. so many people don't understand until they're given proof and 99% of the time there is no proof which is why women go so unheard. i read a twitter thread the other day about a major shithead gaslighting and abusing women in a game company to the point where almost every woman left the company. so many of them corroborated their stories but there were still plenty of people in the replies going 'i'm gonna stay neutral. no proof. innocent until proven guilty'.

if we had as much proof of all harassment as survivor showed in every other case then people would finally start taking this poo poo seriously, but until then people are going to refuse to believe things until they see it, but they'll never see it because they're not a woman or a minority or such.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
not exactly a rock solid comparison but after playing awful survivor the first time i said i'd never play that again. it had been super stressful and also i won so why risk tainting that by coming back and being poo poo. but i said gently caress it and played again

and i didn't get offered money.

maybe i should have asked.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i would go pretty crazy for some breakfast right now and i haven't even been starved for 30 days

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
this season is loving garbage.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Khanstant posted:

The way fan games of BB and Survivor are completely opaque to me. Is this something you can just kind of watch to see how it goes or is it kind of nothing unless you'rte a participant?

you can watch while it happens, though you can't really go back and read them since a lot of poo poo gets left out or removed and you can't go by the thread alone. like the last season of awful survivor's viewer discord server is straight up gone. which is a shame because it was a nice ego boost.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Adus posted:

pony: Kellee, that quote speaks to me

poison: chelsea

i don't even remember who chelsea was so i guess this worked out

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
what the gently caress

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Pinterest Mom posted:

Advantages.

Auctions moved from being "hey here's a bunch of food and comfort items and some of these might be booby traps" to "save your money to bid for the HII clue", and production just never bothered fixing it (by, say, taking the advantages away from the auction) so they took auctions away entirely.

this is like the easiest fix in the world and i don't get why they haven't done it. just have jeff straight up say 'no advantages in the auction, if you see something you want, you better get it!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Lone Goat posted:

that was actually extremely boring because he didn't even go through with denying everyone their family letters

he wasn't going to deny other people their letters, he just wasn't going to buy his own. sadly he not only tried to not buy it, therefore giving away his plan, and then tried to walk it back after everyone was already mad at him.