Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Zesty posted:

No doubt. I believe her and Kellee have admitted to knowing very little about Survivor beforehand. I found her surprise acting for the camera extremely disingenuous.

agreed, it felt reeeeeal fake. but i mean, i'm an antisocial goon so i'm not the best judge of sincerity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

As a west-coaster who watches on hulu live, we get the east and west coast feeds of TNT so our plan is to watch AEW at 6 and then survivor at 8, so that might be an option for anyone in a similar spot. Also, absolutely love this season so far even if it seems kind of bad. I think noura is a major fuckin goof and obviously as viewers we get like 5% of what's actually happening but i'm really impressed that the votes came together to get molly out. I guess (as Fast Luck said) you can only be SO OBVIOUS about a group of three "in power" in a ten-player tribe.

I like this season enough, rob and sandra are great, wish they would stop spoiling the episodes IN THE EPISODES but, whatever. it's tiding me over until s40.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Zesty posted:

This show is also trying to convince us Rob and Sandra are just hanging out on that island 24/7 waiting for contestants to teach. Even Rob C has said that's the case as far as he knows. :rolleyes:

i know this is impossible but i would love if they somehow just had spent the first 10 days there and saw someone new every day and then just dipped to ponderosa (or wherever to prepare for s40) and they just flickered it through the full 39 days with clever editing

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

yeah, i *just* realized Tom and Dan are different people

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Right, the rich ones

gently caress the poor kids, yeah?

You know drat well we're talking about hundreds of percent markups, class traitor

Ahhh gently caress what thread am i in anyway

is the survivor thread secretly the leftism thread

because i'm here for it

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Man, I miss Christian and Gabby (and everyone else from DvG). This season really feels forgettable in comparison, now that I'm thinking about such a good one. Maybe it's just that we didn't get any Island of the Idols stuff this episode

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

It's very cool to me that Erik gets routinely dumped on every time as a reference every time someone makes a survivor mistake and he's still cool about it like, 45 years later

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Sorry I want to be entertained and not talked down to when watching TV.

I also hate when Survivor, the television show that gave us “Race War: the Season” and “Sexism: the Season” (most seasons) spends literally two minutes looking at any of those concepts critically. My blood just boils. Grrr

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

This poo poo sucks and it’s not like this season was good to begin with. It’s interesting that like, everybody has to draw their own line about what they’ll do to win survivor, and it is an interesting choice that so many are okay with millions of people watching them lie about lying about lying about sexual harassment. I get that yeah, it’s survivor, you lie and cheat and steal, but it feels like people on this season don’t know you go back to life afterward and there’s lines you don’t want to have publicly crossed.

idk, poo poo sucks, I’m really surprised they edited the last three episodes to be “Jamal teaches us about race”, “Jamal weighs in sagely on gender issues”, and “Jamal stands up for women everywh—oh, he’s gone”

there’s so few players left I remotely care about rooting for, I might just wait for the finale and s40

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Big Taint posted:

Dude this is the all-goat season.

Lmao i was just about to post this

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Three months ago I was terrified that rob or Sandra would be put in the game and now it’s the only thing I want

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Impeach a jury member

what if every survivor vote had to be 2/3 or it went to rocks

i was joking when i wrote this but now i'm realizing it's better than at least 3 of the past few seasons' gimmicks

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

I thought about going out for The Circle but had a non-compete from another show. I'll probably apply if netflix US orders a second season, seems like it would at least be a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Zesty posted:

I will put a thread up the week before airing, as usual. Thread titles and content are welcome though.

Survivor 40 - Winners at War: It probably can't get worse