Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I still want both of those busts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Not gonna lie I would watch Boston Rob and Sandra do a Let's Play and also the inevitable rival Let's Play channel that Russell Hantz would create.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe Season 40 will be set inside an Applebee’s?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Eh I'm not sure they're all quite the same thing. A Vote Block seems like it would be useful far less often than an Extra Vote or especially a Steal a Vote.

Like I wouldn't be surprised if some people think that Steal a Vote is just flatout overpowered.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Nov 1, 2019

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

People at Reddit seem to hate the episode from what I saw. Lot of victims of sexual assault there in particular talking about how horrible it made them feel.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly yeah “not trusting Sandra and Rob” seems like its been a consistent thing with them, since they often give intentionally bad deals.

They probably wanted Jamal to be like Janet and just forego the nonsense with creating the fake advantage entirely.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 17, 2019

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lone Goat posted:

I forget where I heard it but Survivor has been described as "a fictional show made from nonscripted footage" and it makes a lot more sense that way.
Honestly that's pretty much all documentary filmmaking.

Like there's very little difference in approach between something like a true crime doc and any given Survivor season, other than subject matter (Grisly real murders or whatever vs. what is usually just a goofy game show).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If Philip is coming back, Francesca needs to come back as well so they can have their final battle.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So Blood vs Water 3?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jeff Varner has to be a contender for like the least self-aware guy on the planet.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm excited for S40 at least. Glad to see people Ethan and Danni from the older era again, and even with newer people like Ben and Wendell I'm curious to see how they play outside the specific circumstances of their original seasons.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I wish Dean could have played the Nullifier on this derail instead of Janet.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The idol nullifier nullifier is called playing a second idol.

At least that's what Jeff said during David vs. Goliath IIRC.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly if it had been Dean that had somehow been knocked out by the nullifier (Or in previous seasons people like Ben Driebergen or Chris Underwood), I think way fewer people would be complaining.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 22, 2019

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I love the coconut chop challenge because it usually forces the bottom member(s) of an alliance to realize they're on the bottom and try and do something about it in response.

I can do without the food auction, since it doesn't seem like you often get anything as good as like the Randy/cookie drama out of it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Survivor 40: Yul Never Believe Who’s Back

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought Advantagegeddon was funny, but I also think Cirie is basically as overrated as Russell.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Deceptive posted:

My only hope for this upcoming season is that the winners all band together to immediately boot out anyone that comes back in from EoE.
I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen, since most of the winners are sensible enough to know that EoE players would vote for an EoE winner even without S38 fresh in their minds still (Didn't Boston Rob/Sophie/Tyson even vote out Redemption Island returnees because of this fear too in their winning seasons?).

Like its not exactly the S38 endgame bozos we're dealing with here.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I would like Edge of Extinction more if they threw something out there to harass the contestants. Like bring back that elephant that shat in the drinking water from Africa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Raxivace posted:

Survivor 40: Yul Never Believe Who’s Back

I stand by this. :colbert: