Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If anyone wants a relatively gimmick free Survivor experience, the last season of Australian Survivor is probably your best bet! Mostly just the standard immunity idols, but not to the point where they find a way to give their favorite players an idol every time they use one.

Also, I would say a majority of the challenges were actually better than what US Survivor has been doing the last few years... Although the reward challenges in the premerge were basically made for the Champions to have the advantage on.

My Poison is Rob even though he's not playing the actual game or anything. Hope that's allowed.
I will put my Pony on Jason though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Binary Logic posted:

Anyone know how much Rob and Sandra are being paid for this?

They probably had to pay them some good money, or maybe promise them some other poo poo as well. Especially since they are getting Rob and Amber out of the deal. (Hope that no longer counts as a spoiler, if it does, whatever)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Bloop posted:

That tribe has a couple athletes but I think it's overall the pudgiest tribe in a while

So they have that going for them

Its a pretty pudgy season. Very american.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Even Rob is pudgy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What a stupid lie.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I only watch CBS for Survivor, but it seems like their entire commercial line up is CBS begging Survivor viewers to watch their other garbage shows.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

It's hilarious how he just mercilessly beat the poo poo out of her. Which, like, yeah of course.

poo poo, Boston Rob can't let some newbie Survivor player come in and beat him at anything. That's not how this works.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Bloop posted:

hahaha tribal council duck blind

#Spyshack

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, I'm curious what other options there were. Or maybe if she declined, they would have handicapped Rob on the fire making some. Like raise up his string...

Also, many were wondering what CBS was paying Rob and Sandra to do this. While they are obviously getting $. I feel like the ego boost is probably enough for Rob.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bigass Moth posted:

She could have said “Boston Rob and Sandra are there and they offer to teach you skills, and then you can challenge for an advantage” and people would probably think she’s lying.

Yea, but at least they would find out she was telling the truth later on... instead now, they will find out she's a liar!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Elphiem posted:

Not enough hot people this season

This is one of those seasons where they skewed older with the castaways, everyone looks like they work in an independent coffee shop from the 90s.

This is the most American cast of Survivor they have ever had. Half the cast is chubby.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Omne posted:

She told the same story to her tribe as the girl from last week, so I figure Rob and Sandra are telling everyone the same lie to tell to their tribemates

Probably not, they usually watch the last 1 or 2 seasons before going out and probably all just naturally pretending like it's Ghost Island.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They probably showed them all some clips from Rob and Sandra before sending them to the island anyway so everyone would know who they are.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I would assume it's probably a nice furnished hut that gets rented out to people on vacation on a regular basis and not some dirty hovel put together just for them though...

Also so much can be explained by knowing that the castaways usually watch a few previous seasons prior to the game starting. 2 castaways telling lies about the IOI similar to Ghost Island's twist and all the other players seemingly believing the lie. It's pretty easy to guess, they all likely just watched Ghost Island days before playing the game.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, there really is no way at all they are actually roughing it on the island. Just doesn't make any sense.

Like they probably spend less than an hour with a castaway every 3 days then go to a tribal council. They might be staying on the island, but there's no way they don't have a legit beach cabin / shelter.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, like I'm sure they might be camping out on the island. But it'd be really hard for you to convince me that the beach / island they are staying on isn't just a plush Fiji resort.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

jivjov posted:

Wait, what? Are they finally doing an All Winners season??

Yes, season 40, is All Winners. Amber is also joining Rob for Season 40. Although I can't imagine Rob or Sandra would get that far in the season.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"Well, you may suck at puzzles. But you're good at blindsides..."

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Bloop posted:

Can't wait for another No Swap season where one tribe gets down to one badass all alone

They do that, but make the last tribe member do an immunity challenge. And Jeff's like, "Sorry you didn't win immunity, you're all that's left so you've been eliminated. You are the weakest link. Goodbye."

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Whispers to tribemates at tribal -10

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rob talking smack about the Survivors is good stuff. Rob & Sandra are gonna make the season...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Thats amazing. Holy poo poo.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

curiousCat posted:

She literally said "I'm not here for a showmance" though

That doesn't matter. A clear solid pair gets split up in Survivor.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dugong posted:

Wow that segment with Noura was truly beautiful

It was a thing of art, from IOI all the way through the Immunity Challenge. From the very start with Rob going, "There's no way this person can be the caller" to the team instantly going, "Noura is gonna sit out"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Here is to the Karishma & Noura power alliance.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Binary Logic posted:

Boston Rob's offer was ridiculous. Noura had to get her tribe to make her the caller and then LOSE for her to be able to use the advantage. But if they lost she'd be an easy boot and blocking one person's vote wouldn't save her.

This is the thing that hasn't been to clear with the season. But I am pretty sure that the advantages are good for the individuals # of tribal councils and not just the # of tribal councils.

Also, the lesson was on persuasion and yet Noura made no attempt to get a better deal...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rick posted:

I guess it's been like this for a while but it seems like "GOTTA BREAK UP THE POWER COUPLE IN THE FIRST FOUR EPISODES" is really the cliche marker of bad early play.

For some reason this season has been this way. Everyone is like we gotta play like it's the final 7 even though it's day 3.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm sure this will bring some joy to the folks in the thread.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Zesty posted:

Huh. I guess. It wouldn’t even occur to me to do something like that with toys. Ripping off parents trying to do something for their kid.

Fair enough. We already knew he was a shitheel so it tracks. He’s a landlord too.

TBH it can be pretty good money... Its not even really ripping off parents, its providing a service to those parents that don't want to drive all over town trying to find this years hot toy.

Instead they can pay up a bit and have it sent straight to their door.

And TBH, I am also on the lookout for the hot toys this year... But I did find it kind of funny to see a former Survivor asking just with their personal Facebook account.

Some parents would just rather spend some extra money on the hot toy than go through this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcFsdIJ_Xo

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 22, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TMMadman posted:

Ummm don't most major retail stores ship product directly to customers now? You're not providing a service, you're just trying to make a profit.

Yea, you try to order the big christmas toys off Amazon and Walmart.com and report back. They won't be available direct from either of them and not at the MRSP.

I am trying to make a profit while also providing a service. And yes, to the wealthy parents.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shneak posted:

WTF is a shark bowl

A blue drink in a fish bowl probably. With a few drops of grenadine complete it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Saveron_01 posted:

Losers eat Taco Bell.

Thats better than loving Applebee's

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Who gets socks with their kids faces on them? Can't figure out if thats weird or cool.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"Karismas been slow the entire challenge"

"NO I HAVEN'T"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The editing this season as a whole has just been bad. This episode is really pretty poo poo. Just Karisma Karisma Karisma Karisma Karisma, "Tom the tribe has spoken"

Like, is this what CBS thinks fans want?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Binary Logic posted:

What do Sandra and Rob do when there's no mentoring? Will they reveal a giant head of Probst they've been working on at another place along the beach?

Knowing Rob at least, they probably spent the whole time making strategies for the all winners season 40 that they both knew was coming right after they finished this season up. I don't know if they knew all the winners that were for sure going to be on season 40 when they started IOI, but I'm sure they at least had a good idea and probably could work out a poo poo ton of potential strategies...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well if you are living on rice for 12 days, someone saying you get Applebees, you're gonna love the poo poo out of it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ApplesandOranges posted:

Never had Applebee's but I can only imagine whatever drinks they would be having would have way too much alcohol and sugary syrup to be good for you when you've been subsisting on rice and water.

Well, if they gave the Survivors anything like what they (probably) serve in the restaurants. They'd probably be lucky to get 2 ounces of liquor in those shark bowls.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Looks like Australian Survivor is going to be running an All Stars season in early 2020... Gonna be a whole lot of Survivor early in 2020!

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/reality-tv/survivor/survivor-australia-all-stars-contestants-2020-59684

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This thread has been discussing Applebee's since the episode aired a week ago. Their paid promotion totally worked. You know some goons are gonna end up eating there too.