Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bigass Moth posted:

...contextual offensive jokes that miss the mark on a comedy forum?

Shane Gillis, is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What is lacking in these apologies is awareness of the real world. Yes, we know already that the players might not have all of the information. That's the loving game. That's a given. I don't think anyone watching cares about that.

Both Missy and Elizabeth say they didn't have all of the information. Well would you have all of the information in a workplace harassment claim? No. These are the same people that would sit there and say, "well the boss never touched me." That's neither a good excuse or a good defense of one's actions. This is exactly what happens in real life/workplace when people stand up and let their voices be heard and we all had to watch it go down in a tiny microcosm of disgust and lack of empathy.

These people are going on the defensive, but failing to realize their behavior being dismissive on the show represents a systematic issue in society that is hard to watch.

I also hate that Elizabeth apologies for "triggering" people... I feel like trigger is used wrong here. Isn't triggering when someone unjustifiable is mad? I mean, people didn't get triggered here. We had to watch these people use sexual harassment as gameplay. Her apology accepts that there is no place to do that in the game or out of it and yet they all did it in game... I'm missing something here. This is a lawyer written statement if I've ever seen one. Did anyone else notice that both apologies touched on the exact same talking points in the same order? :tinfoil:

My girlfriend is done with this season. I can't blame her. This might be the only season of Survivor that I won't finish.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 15, 2019

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hey remember when that one guy had a sleep boner and was rubbing it up against a tribemate back in like season 2-4?

I wonder why the producers didn't come up with an assault strategy after that incident. Also, I've not heard anyone bring that up in context of this season and it seems weird to me.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Big Taint posted:

I remember Grindgate, it was Thailand. Big Ted was grinding on Ghandia in his sleep, they talked about it was an accident, and moved on. Then she got pissed because she heard he was downplaying it, so they had a tribe meeting and aired it all out. Sort of different, and it was openly handled in the game.

This is it. I forgot about the Rich dong thing. So that's two incidents already. The point is that it happened along time ago and production should have been well prepared by this point.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Survivor 40 - The Goats and the GOAT