Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Fast Luck posted:

Elaine might be pretty iconic

If everyone isn't all in on Elaine then they're doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

Ronnie I’m exit interviews is such an airhead.

“People trust me in the real world. They let me hold newborns. They let me hold thousands of dollars.”

This reminds me of Parks & Rec when Andy went to hold a thousand dollars and didn't realize that it was just 10 bills.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Sand Monster posted:

that "waking up screaming from a bad dream" thing

Can we talk about how insane this was? Do people really wake up in screaming fits from a bad dream?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

Absolutely.

The Bloop posted:

Yes

Typically they are screaming IN the dream but it breaks into real life

STAC Goat posted:

I had a pretty gnarly nightmare last week that I woke up from yelling and really shaken.

This is so weird to me. Maybe I just have chillbro dreams :smugdog:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

AWarmBody posted:

Someone should arrange Karishma to get the gently caress out of here

:vince:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

Should I muscle through all the seasons I haven't seen before watching? It's a lot. I've only seen season 1.

Definitely watch season 2, which is the strongest season by a long shot. Season 3 is pretty fun, IMO and despite there being a mild pagonging may have the overall most memorable cast, at least to me. Season 4 has the least number of super memorable players, but the ones who are, are great (one of which is a s2 returnee, the best player).

Survivor AUS is super easy to watch, honestly, because despite being longer than US it's overall more fun and has just more joy and less editing chicanery bullshit. They also still do intros which ARE MY FAVORITE THING YET CBS DECIDED TO NOT DO ONE FOR THIS SEASON EVEN TO PUT ON YOUTUBE IT JUST FLAT OUT DOESNT EXIST FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 39 SEASONS WHY WOULD YOU NOT DO THIS?!?!?!?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Khanstant posted:

they're super long, there's heaps of em

wow, casual spotted

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Binary Logic posted:

Rob told Elaine about the task "you must secretly grab it (the advantage)", but she told Elizabeth about it before the challenge and should have been DQ'ed from using it.

Why would they sacrifice good tv for some bullshit technicality or making it some super secret island? If they had DQ'd her the episode would have been boring as hell. The more rules they enforce the less fun the game is - let the inmates run the asylum and you'll get better tv.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

Edit: Also, I'm currently eating Applebees, but I swear it wasn't my choice. Food's bland.

STAC are you okay? Did you survive this?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

The Walrus posted:

applebees is, by far, my favourite sit down restaurant

who hurt you?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

bagrada posted:

There's only one person with a legit idol that they found in the forest, right? Who was that again?

Chelsea, who left with it.

Edit: wait, Jamal found one too

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I've been too busy to listen to much RHAP recently but saw that Coach was on a week or so ago so I had it in my queue to listen to, obviously. Just listened to it and holy poo poo.

In the first minute, this guy delivers. He is quite literally the most insane person to ever grace this show and he's been snowballing the insanity since he was last on TV. Check it out if you want to jump on this bus ride to hell.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Can we all blame Dean for this? If he had only given Kellee the heads up that the vote was coming her way, after she just saved his rear end, she could have bounced Dan and the show would have been about the victory over the shitbag instead of a dogpile on the people actually trying to be respectful.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
In cool good Survivor news, check out the new promo for the new Australian Survivor. The production values of their poo poo are so much better.

Also, AUS Survivor is the best Survivor. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch all of the seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY6hYNtDvOo

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

blue squares posted:

How does one watch Australian survivor while living in the US?

Check your PMs

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Khanstant posted:

Be warned, Australian Survivor comes out like 8 times a week and every episode is 2 hours long. It's actually really good but I simply couldn't keep up last season, miss a week and it's so hard to catch back up.

Casual spotted

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
What Khanstant is saying is very much a caricature of how it really is. The episodes air a few times a week and they're around an hour (w/o commercials). It's far more of an old-school style Survivor in that while there are idols and all of the bullshit, you get to know the players a lot better.

Is it slower? Yes. Are there points that drone on? Yes. You're all watching S39 though so Aus Survivor could be a 3 hour show 40 times a week of people making GBS threads in buckets and it'd be better than this season.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Khanstant posted:

The last time I saw anyone poo poo in a bucket was when I last shat in a bucket. Looking at my reflection in the broken glass of discarded housing materials in a rickety shed facing a busy street, wondering, how it got to this and silently cursing my roommates who somehow reached adulthood not learning you shouldn't flush menstrual accouterments in the toilet.

An experience that sounds more enjoyable than viewing Survivor season 39.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Also, it's all on the internet. Watch 15 minutes a month if you can't stomach the hours for it. I never watch it live anyway so I'm always behind on the Aussie seasons since I can't devote that time to it. Doesn't make it an un-enjoyable Survivor show.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Janet still has a shot at immunity depending on what it is. Dean can't nullify a proper immunity, and they are definitely having a send-off for Rob and Sandra so there's potential for another idol out of that. If Janet has 2 then perhaps he can only nullify one?

That all said, yeah it's a long shot for a satisfying end.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Survivor IoI

more like

Survivor lol

:agesilaus:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I really like the idea for s40 with the coins. I'm hoping it brings a mechanic to the game much like garnets in The Genius and isn't just wasted as a buy more immunities bullshit.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
No, tokens need to be public. Give them out publicly and have the contestants be in the know when token exchanges take place. The social politicking of garnets in the genius are what make them fun. If they were secret they would suck.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
In tangential Survivor news, today on my way in to work an ostentatious sports car passed me and their license plate was "COACH180".

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Fast Luck posted:

Zack is the worst one, that guy sucked as I recall. Hope he gets booted early. The rest of the cast is pretty stellar

You need villains though and Zack was probably the biggest villain the show has had, other than maybe what...David? (who was a superb villain)

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Yeah shonee is the best. She needs to win. I really don't need to see Sharn again though, despite her playing s decent game last time, with s major bed poo poo at the end.

Edit: shonee kinda needs finella though to really shine. They should be allowed to play as one.

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 9, 2020

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
If you're not excited about S40, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn-CjkvHbhg

Tyson rules.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Midnightghoul posted:

Correct. It should have been Reem.

:hai:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Sarah may be my least-liked winner so if she repeats I'm going to be so bummed out.

Pretty crazy that she's the last female winner though, we're due for another one (just not her pls).

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

I'm going to be pretty busy up until when I would normally post a new thread (the week before air, this Wednesday). Anyone want to volunteer for setting it up and posting it? Add funny poo poo, the usual information, yahta yahta?

I haven't done an OP since (I think) South Pacific. I've actually got a touch of freedom over the next handful of days so I'll give it a go.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I'm soliciting new thread titles, so fire away.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Raxivace posted:

I stand by this. :colbert:

I missed this one, it's genuinely v. good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
New thread is up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913256