Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

A true armored core successor then. :v:

Thanks for the replies dudes. I'm going to try some coop fights to farm some gear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Flipswitch posted:

Ime? What does that mean?

Also do the ally wingman mercs have any abilities? Their costs seem wildly different or is it just a credit sink?

Several of the Reclaimer wingmen do in fact have abilities that have effects on you. See the Reclaimers section on this website, this is compiled by a DxM Discord server that has been datamining the game for a while to figure out this and other stuff. The cost being worth it is definitely up for debate, but hey.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ah awesome, thanks! This will make it a lot handier to unlock the Reclaimers I like too! I take Guns Empress a lot for the immunity to jamming, it's very helpful.

I'm really enjoying the game but some of the cryptic bits can be a bit annoying. I did just unlock the Gunfort B Missile Rack and it looks amazingly over the top.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Dec 10, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Zebulon posted:

Several of the Reclaimer wingmen do in fact have abilities that have effects on you. See the Reclaimers section on this website, this is compiled by a DxM Discord server that has been datamining the game for a while to figure out this and other stuff. The cost being worth it is definitely up for debate, but hey.

Oh wow I figured the pilot abilities was all just dumb fluff writeups

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is there any knowledge of how to pick up certain allies? So you have to fight them or fight alongside them?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Flipswitch posted:

Is there any knowledge of how to pick up certain allies? So you have to fight them or fight alongside them?

I think some of them unlock from side objectives in free missions

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

New patch just hit and completely hosed all my builds, nice!

Dungeon is cool as heck.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Did the patch add any of the freeLC?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

Did the patch add any of the freeLC?

No. We still only have the Witcher collab.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Flipswitch posted:

This is apparently the best resource on how to unlock allies.

Dungeons really are the thing this game was missing. Makes grinding for parts super fun, with just enough challenge (if you solo).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does this game have an Itano Circus?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is coming out on Steam next week now by the way https://store.steampowered.com/app/1167450/DAEMON_X_MACHINA/

So if you were at all on the fence like I have been, even after playing the demo, the PC version should be a lot better with the 60fps gameplay and higher screen res.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I'm actually somewhat surprised it's being ported but definitely happy

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing the PC version tonight and this game is great. Very happy with this port.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Can somebody explain co-op in this game? Very excited about the pc version but I can't find poo poo about it online and I'm wondering if me and a friend can buy it and have a decent amount of stuff to do.

I ask because as far as I know the main story and co-op stuff are split and that's sort of a red flag there.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

The co-op missions are separate from the story, and are mostly fights against the machine bosses or the rival mech teams. There's also some sort of procedural generated dungeon mode that can be tackled in co-op, although I've not tried it. The only thing that does carry through is the npc pilots you get in the story can be brought over to the mp to help fill up your lobby.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The procedurally generated missions are fun but the tileset gets repetitive and some tiles are more fun than others

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
playing through the early half and uhhhh

do most of the weapons just kinda suck other then the SORD the only good poo poo that actually does poo poo and hits poo poo are running around with the two starting assault rifles

shotgun is slow, the sniper rifle misses a bunch, the shoulder missiles all take to long to do anything and I could just shoot something. with my gun. my robot guns.

until an enemy mecha dude comes up, they get the sword.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Gamerofthegame posted:

playing through the early half and uhhhh

do most of the weapons just kinda suck other then the SORD the only good poo poo that actually does poo poo and hits poo poo are running around with the two starting assault rifles

shotgun is slow, the sniper rifle misses a bunch, the shoulder missiles all take to long to do anything and I could just shoot something. with my gun. my robot guns.

until an enemy mecha dude comes up, they get the sword.

The shoulder missiles are supposed to be used at the same time as your normal weapons, not instead of. Shotguns and snipers are kinda bad unless you spec into them hard, but with a turbo controller shotguns are ridiculous, and the snipers were the PVP weapon of choice for a while.

The machine guns, assault rifles, and bazooka all are pretty easy to use in most situations. Some of the laser weapons, like Stargazer, are useful too. Never figured out the point of handguns.

E: a lot of the special damage type weapons (fire/stun/acid) are good in multiplayer

Unreal_One fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 15, 2020

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

just started playin the pc ver and i really wish there was higher visual variety in the parts. the diff between like ac2/3 corp parts is very obvious while everything in this game looks like ac4 white glint or nineball seraph

i just want the classic ac look, yknow?

also it really feels like there oughta be just a ton more fluff weps like ac

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Fereydun posted:

just started playin the pc ver and i really wish there was higher visual variety in the parts. the diff between like ac2/3 corp parts is very obvious while everything in this game looks like ac4 white glint or nineball seraph

i just want the classic ac look, yknow?

also it really feels like there oughta be just a ton more fluff weps like ac

Give us an arena (idk there could be an arena eventually I'm not very far)

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Pyrus Malus posted:

Give us an arena (idk there could be an arena eventually I'm not very far)

There is an arena map.

It sucks dicks and balls and is terrible and it's the loving worst map in the game and it's just awful, real bad, not good at all.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
does the PC version have local co-op for playing on my TV with a steam link and a friend?

e: after spending 4 hours playing there's no way I can put up with the input delay from the steam link, though I've not seen any local co-op option either.

Winkle-Daddy fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 17, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am on the Rank A missions now, and the mission Investigate the Drone Production Facility is really confusing to me. How do I get through the facility on the 2 minute 55 second timer? I feel like I am missing something very obvious because this isn't enough time to make it to the end.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I am on the Rank A missions now, and the mission Investigate the Drone Production Facility is really confusing to me. How do I get through the facility on the 2 minute 55 second timer? I feel like I am missing something very obvious because this isn't enough time to make it to the end.
use the femto boost mode, it doesn't drain stamina

i just tried it on the starter parts and still had a minute to spare, so as long as you use it you'll have plenty of wiggle room

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

https://twitter.com/dxm_info/status/1303940284707823618

quote:

[Notice] In commemoration of the 1st anniversary of the release, we have decided to deliver a large update that adds new bosses and new equipment.
Delivery is scheduled for November.
Please see the official website for details on the update.

Looks like one new boss, one new weapon, and a bunch of cosmetic stuff. But still! New content!

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
Steam port's fun, chill, and well optimized - this is good

I don't know what the heck any of the part numbers actually mean in performance - this is tougher and any resources are appreciated

So far I'm neck deep in C missions and throwing every credit and part I've got into the factory since higher numbers supposedly are better; I don't know just how much better though since I don't know what good a +10 Laser Defense panel is doing me when parts are coming with anywhere from 4-800

Mostly I don't know why guns are coming with separate damage and gun/laser damage stats which would help comparing them greatly

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I need to wrap up the game up still, it's way longer than I thought it'd be! I should also stop using the machine gun arm at some point

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Got it for Christmas, currently only in D ranks because I'm stalling out the plot for the lowest exploration mission for parts/money. Probably going to open up a steam guide to see what upgrade paths lead to what looks for my dude before respecing there, the big stompy boots I have now are just kinda terrible stylewise and noisewise.

Are Blitzes worth it on higher tiers? I want to love them, but with only the lowest level ones they either don't do much damage or get caught in a wide area attack and explode much to often.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

Got it for Christmas, currently only in D ranks because I'm stalling out the plot for the lowest exploration mission for parts/money. Probably going to open up a steam guide to see what upgrade paths lead to what looks for my dude before respecing there, the big stompy boots I have now are just kinda terrible stylewise and noisewise.

Are Blitzes worth it on higher tiers? I want to love them, but with only the lowest level ones they either don't do much damage or get caught in a wide area attack and explode much to often.

The Blitzes are nice on the later missions vs arsenals or waves of AI since they do their own thing and can get mods to do their thing longer; against the big colossal bosses they get killed in a wide area attack still

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, up to the B ranks now. Maining a stargazer and a Grim Reaper III I got from early exploration, with Astraeus on the pylons, a down booster at pretty much all times and whatever I feel like at the time for the shoulders, usually Riot Zero or Deadly Drive.

I feel like I keep breaking the story missions, mostly through killing other mercs too quick. They come in waxing philosophical about why we are fighting and about grand plot stuff and before they finish one of them is eating dirt and I am right on the corpse trying to get cool poo poo. Really drains the tension of a 3v3 when I can solo them without taking more than like 10% damage.

Anyone want to explain how melee works in this game? so far I've avoided it , but from some of the NPCs it seems like it could be useful?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Ashsaber posted:

Well, up to the B ranks now. Maining a stargazer and a Grim Reaper III I got from early exploration, with Astraeus on the pylons, a down booster at pretty much all times and whatever I feel like at the time for the shoulders, usually Riot Zero or Deadly Drive.

I feel like I keep breaking the story missions, mostly through killing other mercs too quick. They come in waxing philosophical about why we are fighting and about grand plot stuff and before they finish one of them is eating dirt and I am right on the corpse trying to get cool poo poo. Really drains the tension of a 3v3 when I can solo them without taking more than like 10% damage.

Anyone want to explain how melee works in this game? so far I've avoided it , but from some of the NPCs it seems like it could be useful?

You kinda broke progression by doing the exploration missions. The base game expects you to have only a couple of slots and no lvl 4/5 mods, which as you found out are pretty easy to get by rank D in exploration. Even then, aside from a few fights the enemy mechs are much weaker than they would be in PvP.

Melee has a decently long lunge range and good damage, especially if you get the frankly OP Anfang Arger. It's extremely useful against the shielded purple things in exploration missions, and lets you "fly" in the hot lava rooms, too. The katanas allow you to anime blade all over the place which isn't all that useful since it only really works on mooks but looks 14-year-old-cool. It's fun to send people flying with the clubs a few times. Play around with it.

Shoulder weapons are worse than useless in a lot of situations. Your lock on time is something like Head lock on time * (allocated memory/maximum memory)^2, so saving some memory can really improve your fights. This is only important in PvP, though, PvE rarely requires that much optimization. Importantly, weapons in pylons don't count for memory allocation.

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Mostly I don't know why guns are coming with separate damage and gun/laser damage stats which would help comparing them greatly

Damage has three main elements, common "Damage" "Bullet Damage" and "Laser Damage". Each one is resisted by its corresponding defense. They seem to have the same weight, so if the target has flat defenses and you do 80 common/20 bullet per shot, you'd do the same as 60/40 or whatever. If you ever see your damage numbers come up red or grey, it means the enemy has weak or strong defense to that weapon's elements.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Unreal_One posted:

You kinda broke progression by doing the exploration missions. The base game expects you to have only a couple of slots and no lvl 4/5 mods, which as you found out are pretty easy to get by rank D in exploration. Even then, aside from a few fights the enemy mechs are much weaker than they would be in PvP.

Melee has a decently long lunge range and good damage, especially if you get the frankly OP Anfang Arger. It's extremely useful against the shielded purple things in exploration missions, and lets you "fly" in the hot lava rooms, too. The katanas allow you to anime blade all over the place which isn't all that useful since it only really works on mooks but looks 14-year-old-cool. It's fun to send people flying with the clubs a few times. Play around with it.

Shoulder weapons are worse than useless in a lot of situations. Your lock on time is something like Head lock on time * (allocated memory/maximum memory)^2, so saving some memory can really improve your fights. This is only important in PvP, though, PvE rarely requires that much optimization. Importantly, weapons in pylons don't count for memory allocation.

Damage has three main elements, common "Damage" "Bullet Damage" and "Laser Damage". Each one is resisted by its corresponding defense. They seem to have the same weight, so if the target has flat defenses and you do 80 common/20 bullet per shot, you'd do the same as 60/40 or whatever. If you ever see your damage numbers come up red or grey, it means the enemy has weak or strong defense to that weapon's elements.

Thanks, I guess I was till feeling like I was in AC4A, where trying to lock onto an enemy with a blade was... difficult.

And yeah, think I'm going to drop the shoulder weapon, it wasn't doing enough to pull its weight (literally), and maybe play around with some of the new cool weapons I'm finding recently on my pylons.

Funny thing was, I didn't have any really good mods on my weapons, the only high level one I had was a Femto Saver at like lvl 4, which doesn't seem like a make killy mod.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

"Worse than useless" was kinda harsh, so here's my opinions of the various kinds of shoulder weapons:

Missiles: The only shoulder weapons useful in both Colossal Immortal and non CI situations. They're fine as supplements, but won't ever be the focus of a design. Brinicle + sniper rifles was the dominant PvP meta at one point.

Cannons and railguns: These are only useful against CIs. Bullet damage types just make me think use a bazooka. The laser damage types are solid, and often better than the hand laser weapons for taking out weak points.

Blitzes: Annoying to deal with, but not too threatening. They can be helpful, but even more than missiles will never be a focus. Useless against anything with decent splash damage.

Support: Heals are convenient in Exploration missions, even if you can use outer repairs instead. The insta-heal was dominant in PvP until heals were banned.

Unreal_One fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 8, 2021

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

"Worse than useless" was kinda harsh, so here's my opinions of the various kinds of shoulder weapons:

Missiles: The only shoulder weapons useful in both Colossal Immortal and non CI situations. They're fine as supplements, but won't ever be the focus of a design. Brinicle + sniper rifles was the dominant PvP meta at one point.

Cannons and railguns: These are only useful against CIs. Bullet damage types just make me think use a bazooka. The laser damage types are solid, and often better than the hand laser weapons for taking out weak points.

Blitzes: Annoying to deal with, but not too threatening. They can be helpful, but even more than missiles will never be a focus. Useless against anything with decent splash damage.

Support: Heals are convenient in Exploration missions, even if you can use outer repairs instead. The insta-heal was dominant in PvP until heals were banned.

I've grown to appreciate the different shoulder options after spending a while doing the 3-arsenal fights in the Exploration 2 missions and doing the co-op missions solo

Active Missiles are good for use while reloading weapons or bouncing back from a melee strike; Heat Seeking missiles are good to combo with automatic weapons and bad with bazookas / melee (the recoil interrupts the missiles); the burn missiles are good for locking down enemy Arsenals and have good tracking. Missile lock on range is independent of your head's lock on range so you can combo them with a short ranged head for long range poke

The bullet cannons have enormous knockdown values (400 on Ogre Break 1 and 200 on Ogre Break 2) and with Ogre Break 1 you can juggle knockdowns while outnumbered; laser cannons are great companions to bullet based weapon arms

Railguns are really nice as a backup long range option since the bullets penetrate through hitboxes so you can do more damage on Immortals than you'd think; you can also skate around for a while on the ground while the shot charges so it's not as limiting as it sounds with good land boost legs.

Blitzes as a fire and forget unit are good in Exploration while using melee or bazookas, since they'll distract arsenals

Support heals are always really nice and are light on memory / weight which is real convenient on lighter builds; I keep missing the extra DPS when I take them though

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, done with the plot now, and mostly done recruiting people. Just need to get the two weaker goobers from Terrors, but Solomon keeps popping up instead. I think I've fought him like 8 times, BG once, and Gloom also once in the last 15-20 attempts at E2. This seems to be a running theme with my recruitment attempts

Anyone know the current meta weapons? I don't play MP, but I would like to know the big killy weapons for taking on like Bolt Omega and his HP sponge friends.

E: also lol at the AI on invaders. Terrors is supposed to be this terrifying force? Grief flies around anime style for a few second before running out of stamina and letting me shoot him up[ for a while, and Regret doesn't even bother shooting me once before going down. oof.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

For killing bosses, well modded bazooka arms are good enough that they can kill every boss in like 10 minutes. I think full reload spec shotguns can be faster, but zooks are safer.