Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The train mission is bad yea. I won it first time at 10% left. I was mostly pissed I didn't get to blow up the remaining enemies and loot them for parts.

Pandora's Box missiles are super good. 12 targets, come out quickly, decent damage.

Trying to unlock all the parts is a nightmare. Drops are very random and buying poo poo is super expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Emong posted:

The pro (read: fun) melee strat is to use the mace. It does a bunch of damage and sends people flying when you hit them. I had a mission where I connected with like two dual mace hits in the entire thing and it was 25% of my total damage output.

I literally just did the "analyse the train" mission and I put femto into offensive stance, whipped out the mace and absolutely crushed one of the defending units with it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Zebulon posted:

I have one set up for farming boss Immortals. Worked better than you might expect honestly. With the ammo pack auxillary weapon you end up with 53 shots per arm.

same, doublezooka and the shoulder laser is hilariously good at pouring on the damage to slow or large targets.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
oh my god gently caress getting Snatcher's blueprint drop

for anyone also banging their head against this: the Free Mission version doesn't expose its weakpoints ever, and breaking weakpoints raises drop chance. I ended up having to solo the Multiplayer version, which covers you in Strais (seriously like 7 of them) from the get go and autofails you if you don't do X amount of damage before a certain point in the track. So you have to just endure bullet hell while fighting Snatcher.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

MonsterEnvy posted:

Question anyone know were you can get the Baldur's Edge. I appear to have skipped to Baldur's Edge II and I need the original version to unlock a cool sword in the factory.

You make it from Baldur's Edge II, weirdly

It's also a common drop on the first A-Rank free mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Dreadnought?

e; wait is that the digger? If so no, it's the big swordman you control in that one mission.

Looked it up. Rebellion.