Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

WHATS THIS!?! TRION is dead? (FINALLY), German-based company GAMINGO has purchased Trion Worlds, with BIG plans for ArcheAge, their current plan is to Re-Re-Re-RE (more Re??)Releasing ArcheAge, this time though not as a "Fresh start-server", but in their words, as something never done or seen before. This iteration of "ArcheAge: Unchained" will be something not seen or done before in the ArcheAge History, the BIGGEST and most exciting news... *drum roll please!!* NO Pay to Win, No WALLET WARRIORS! NO Cash Grab bullsh@#! GIMINGO Has announced its intentions to make ArcheAge: Unchained, a single buy game, buy it once and you're done! No "Premium status" Or subscription services required!

Directly from the ArcheAge forums:

Words Words Words, Thank god for Youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kjyKs3ZvwQ
✔ Timestamps:
00:34 Release date
00:58 Founder's packs
1:48 Early access
2:16 What version of Archeage is it
3:10 ArchePasses
6:42 Stance on p2w
7:20 Trading
8:55 Steam release
9:04 Crime points
10:17 Housing
12:42 Land lock
13:28 Marketplace
15:48 Rng boxes
16:20 Separation from legacy servers
16:55 The amount of Unchained servers per region
17:34 Farming on other region
18:06 Hiram gear
18:40 Auto loot pet
18:57 Are marketplace items bound
19:37 South America server
20:09 64-bit client
20:25 Alts
22:33 Can you have more alts if you play with your family
23:42 More streams about Unchained
24:32 KR labor system

So after ALL of that, you're probably asking yourself, Why am I still playing WoW Classic and WTF is ArcheAge?!?!

LINK To a better written, more enlightening, less lovely post on a slightly dead thread about original ArcheAge that does a far superior job of telling WHAT ArcheAge is, Props to OP "I Said Come In" For a far superior posting ability, and better explanation of what this amazing game is!

Still much more to come, and so much more to talk about relating to this, but seeing I haven't seen an official forums post regards to Unchained, I wanted to start the discussion in hopes of forming a group, Game goes LIVE (again) Sept. 30th 2019, so are we going East or West?! Anyone else as excited as I am about this?!

Thanks for Reading my lovely post, first time so be gentle(ish)

UPDATE 09/19/2019

Alright getting some interest, which I am excited to see! Id like to keep that momentum going so in order to do so I have come up with some simple/small goals I would like to progress towards over the span of the next week, as we close in on the release of Unchained.

What I am looking for:
  1. DISCORD (perhaps contact Lowtax see if we cannot emulate the current Discord layout/format being used on the Wow Classic Discord??)
  2. Guild Name? I am taking suggestions, though why break the mold? GoonSquad
  3. Nation, East Or West? I am slightly West Biased, but would like a group concensis
  4. People interested in being a guild officer/director/manager/Tsar/DICKtator etc..
  5. Guides for PVE Content, including questing guides, gold making guides etc
  6. Recommended build guides /class guides and discussion.

UPDATE 09/23/2019
Little late getting this update out, but they pushed back the launch date originally set for the end of this month, now Unchained is set to launch, 10/15/19 which gives ample time to prep, as well as allow most of you to finish your rehab for WoW Classic before falling off the wagon again with AAU.

UPDATE 09/27/2019

We are still working towards making a decision here, WEST or EAST. I am going to be putting a poll up to decide. Additionally, the guild name, do we want it to scream GOON or do we want something different!? Group decision time..
Special thanks for SA Special Citizen and Raioner For setting up a channel on the SA Discord Found HERE

Deciding on what faction to play on, so please hit up the survey monkey with your preference in faction located Survey Monkey Here

Omarmarious fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

I'm in, I missed the boat on the first archeage goon adventure. From what I've heard it's a fun game that got ruined by pedos wanting to have sex with a packed fish, I'm fuzzy on the details.

We should probably make a discord for it or have someone add a channel to the sa discord.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the vast majority of the exploits were never patched and the game will still be a hackers paradise with client side buffs. What's the word on them implementing an anti-cheat that doesnt false-positive everyone who moves "too fast?"

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Raioner posted:

I'm in, I missed the boat on the first archeage goon adventure. From what I've heard it's a fun game that got ruined by pedos wanting to have sex with a packed fish, I'm fuzzy on the details.

We should probably make a discord for it or have someone add a channel to the sa discord.

Sounds good to me

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Fauxtool posted:

the vast majority of the exploits were never patched and the game will still be a hackers paradise with client side buffs. What's the word on them implementing an anti-cheat that doesnt false-positive everyone who moves "too fast?"

Yeah, this is pretty much what made me stop playing. The game itself was a blast, but trying to do any kind of serious PVP was frustrating.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I am totally willing to to sail with goons one more time if this poo poo actually takes off

Not having to pay a sub fee sounds like a loving dream

EDIT: On the other hand I'm not looking forward to being stuck with a lovely rear end tiny plot of land again

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 19, 2019

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

It looks like upgrading most gear doesn't break it anymore. Some dungeon sets (what the hell are dungeon sets?) break still, but crafted and such doesn't.

I'm in with an old guild on Western alliance, and am probably going to play way longer than them if this takes off, so I'll probably join up with a goon group eventually.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Yo, I'm totally in on this. This has always been my favorite all time mmo. So long as no one engages in any fishing pacts this time.

Fauxtool posted:

lol, you would know. I wonder if you can still plant trees on the underside of the world.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Any word if the crafting system is any less random? I loved this game to death but the end game crafting killed me. I farmed my rear end off to make some high end gear only to realize that it was extremely random if what I crafted was any good.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Partial Octopus posted:

Any word if the crafting system is any less random? I loved this game to death but the end game crafting killed me. I farmed my rear end off to make some high end gear only to realize that it was extremely random if what I crafted was any good.

Well with the Hiram gear system, crafting is much less important until much later on in the game. It's no longer the case that you need to start using crafted gear at epherium. Hiram is generally better than that. But, if you do want to craft, I haven't seen any decrease in RNG other than a rumored decrease in the chances to break an item when upgrading.

Some of my friends are going to play on Tyrenos on the west east faction, so that's where I'll be. I'd encourage other goons to join that server/faction as well.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 26, 2019

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

How's the PVP in this? Final Fantasy is scratching my PVE fix but the PVP is lacking to say the least

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

The Spookmaster posted:

How's the PVP in this? Final Fantasy is scratching my PVE fix but the PVP is lacking to say the least

hands down the BEST PVP in a MMO that I have played in a long time. I also love the class progressions in this game!

Some PVP highlights!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ZfYvRwdoc

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Fauxtool posted:

They haven't fixed them with the new patch they put out?

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
I have missed this game more than any other dead mmo. I am definitely in.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Spookmaster posted:

Tab targeting and gear > everything.

Witness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG06WAxoR9k

Fauxtool posted:

the vast majority of the exploits were never patched and the game will still be a hackers paradise with client side buffs."

It sure will. With an influx of players it'll be profitable for those tools to be updated & sold.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DancingShade posted:

Tab targeting and gear > everything.

Witness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG06WAxoR9k

It sure will. With an influx of players it'll be profitable for those tools to be updated & sold.

the real problem is that those tools dont need to be updated, they all still work. Its an issue with the game engine and the only an active mod on the lookout can catch it.

Planting trees on the underside of the world wasnt the only thing. You could plant anywhere, the underworld just made more sense since people would see flying trees.

Another big one was that trade packs sink to the ocean floor when dropped. Instead of despawning after awhile they slowly sink through the floor where someone no-clipping can just grab them and turn them in. Imagine how many tradepacks just sit there under the floor near busy ports. Basically free infinite money.

Most of what I did was with CheatEngine. Super basic stuff like freezing a temporary combat buff to stay on permanently. Or buffing myself, then changing classes while keeping the buffs. Teleporting was a simple matter of finding the location in memory and editing it. Below script-kiddy level stuff. The game is wide rear end open for exploiting.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Could someone maybe make an updated OP/steal the OP from the old thread so I can remember exactly what this game is like?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
grind, open world pvp once in a while

grind for boat

open world pvp

make house

get outpaced by people exploiting dungeons/perditas/teleport hackers

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Could someone maybe make an updated OP/steal the OP from the old thread so I can remember exactly what this game is like?

Working on doing that now

Updated For your viewing Pleasure, in the current thread I linked back to an old thread that did a great job explaining this game. LINK HERE

Thank you for suggesting that! Had overlooked including that

Omarmarious fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 20, 2019

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Can you switch your classes? I remember people always complaining that our guild didn't have a healer, so I wanna try to fill that gap, but I also remember people saying leveling as a healer was suffering.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Kraken posted:

Can you switch your classes? I remember people always complaining that our guild didn't have a healer, so I wanna try to fill that gap, but I also remember people saying leveling as a healer was suffering.

You can switch your sub classes whenever you want. They'll be level 1 unless you already levelled them. Also they use their own gear. All the healer classes are garbage hence nobody levels them unless they form part of a DPS build by happenstance. This is why everyone has auramancy and not much else.

Healing won't help when you're fighting an invulnerable teleporter who hits you fifty times in one second via 3rd party tools but will help in dungeons, I guess.

Fun fact: stealth is utterly useless because those same 3rd party tools will have you highlighted across the entire map cell.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Yeah everything I've heard about this game was how easy it was to cheat in which is never a good sign for an MMO.

It sounds interesting but not really worth it unless they're tackling that and I know friends are still burned out on it.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I vote west tyrenos so we can fight against shawnzy and the maga hordes.

I could also see them actually hiring some GMs this time around to police the game since the majority of their income comes from the purchasing of the account, so every ban earns them $26. That makes it easy to afford some GMs and still come out ahead. This won't do much, but it should do some good.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The best part about Archeage (to me) was this:

Check Gamigo's trolling/harassment policy before trying to repeat. When I did this Trion didn't give two fucks and I never got so much as a polite cough from any of their customer service reps.

I did this for months, basically AFK while I played other games in different tabs.

Fun fact: On one particular bridge in Marianople (if I'm spelling that right) you could physics glitch farm wagons if you parked on the bridge in the right place:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Sep 20, 2019

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Look. You guys are right, there were huge problems with the game, probably still are.

I still remember this game as having some of the most fun moments loving around with goons I have ever had. Nothing since has come close to the experiences I had in Archeage and I have missed it.

From the looks of it, there will still be a ton of problems. Maybe I can still harpoon a boat to the sea floor and launch it into the stratosphere as a spinning tornado, I loving hope so. The hacking was a problem, but it didn't stop the game from being fun.

So somebody is trying to do Archeage a bit better than before? Great, let's give it a shot and have the same amount of fun as we normally do in an MMO before it crashes and burns, this time at least I know there is some fun to be had on the way.

tl;dr: Give it a chance, stop making GBS threads up the thread with rage about what was wrong with Archeage the first time, some of us are excited for a new old Bad Game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I mean, do we even know if the new devs are gonna do literally nothing to address those issues? Presumably if they secured the rights to the game they give more of a poo poo than Trion ended up.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Note from the livestream today.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uovh3euoNlPkjegFXfm96b0GrPIAjO2Pa3yBEW20UrU/mobilebasic

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

50 people max per guild seems a bit small.

Atown
Aug 10, 2011
Oh gently caress me, they couldn't wait a couple months for me to get burned out on wow classic before releasing this?

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Kak posted:

50 people max per guild seems a bit small.

I guess its so that mega guilds can't be formed to control the whole map.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
50 is pretty small for a typical MMO launch I'd think, but I guess they wanna encourage inter-guild relations more.

It shouldn't be an issue for goons at any rate, I doubt there's 50 of this interested in this game.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
Came across this earlier while in a youtube rut, thought id share, anyone else follow Panada?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8yxt8tGlHg

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe
I dont mind the pushback my bandwidth will be uncapped by then. Guessing the client is about 30-40 gb. Hopefully no bigger!

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Vilgefartz posted:

I dont mind the pushback my bandwidth will be uncapped by then. Guessing the client is about 30-40 gb. Hopefully no bigger!

I feel ya there, same I really was excited for the end of the month, but would rather they take their time to release a better product. Additionally, the delay allows more time to elapse and the nostalgia and excitement of WoW classic will start to fade hopefully by then.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
never played before but i'll probably try this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hello

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Hi there.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guess I can drop $25 on this poo poo, and worst case I'll just grief people, best case they fixed the game

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

eonwe posted:

I guess I can drop $25 on this poo poo, and worst case I'll just grief people, best case they fixed the game

Welcome aboard this shittler train good sir!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
Anyone with experience in this interested in helping organized/setup the guild? Looking for those with PVP experience in Arche Age, Farming/Trade pack exp, Fishing Armada, as well as all the other forms of good gold profiting. Also for dungeons, and large raid experience.

Presently working on getting discord setup, and working with SA to get a channel/link on the SA discord. Additionally, still haven't established if we are going west or east? I personally would prefer West but open to a group decision prior to launch. Anyone interested in helping, hit me up here or jump on my discord, note this is a temp. discord until the official guild one is setup.