Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Omarmarious posted:

Anyone with experience in this interested in helping organized/setup the guild? Looking for those with PVP experience in Arche Age, Farming/Trade pack exp, Fishing Armada, as well as all the other forms of good gold profiting. Also for dungeons, and large raid experience.

Presently working on getting discord setup, and working with SA to get a channel/link on the SA discord. Additionally, still haven't established if we are going west or east? I personally would prefer West but open to a group decision prior to launch. Anyone interested in helping, hit me up here or jump on my discord, note this is a temp. discord until the official guild one is setup.

*whispers* Fishing pact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just dont, it wont be better this time. If anyone in-game says they are a goon or recognizes your name just put them on ignore. Play the game with strangers the way it was intended to be played.

The game is designed for griefing not cooperation.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I played this at launch and had a blast. I still have a lot of fond memories of playing this with goons to this day.

Rushing for a nice housing plot, building your first boat piece by piece, PvP-ing for giant fish (lol fish pacts). Eventually went pirate because, goons being goons, the original guild imploded and splintered. Just gliding around and exploring the world via boat was really fun and chill :allears:

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

kloa posted:

Just gliding around and exploring the world via boat was really fun and chill :allears:

Yeah, this is the thing that makes the game great. You don't need to worry about all the hacks and crap if you aren't trying to hold a castle or anything. Just playing the game is way more fun than most other mmos.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012
Anyone else need any more reason to get hyped!? Check out this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yD_R-bQV2w

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
can someone explain pvp in this game? there are castles, are there alliances? how large is the combat? are there rewards for pvp?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

succ posted:

can someone explain pvp in this game? there are castles, are there alliances? how large is the combat? are there rewards for pvp?

Someone else can explain it in more detail but PvP can have pretty substantial rewards in this game. One of the best ways to make money is hauling huge packs of resources across the map. You can take them too safe places, but you get way more going to ports owned by the opposite faction. So hunting down people carrying resource across the ocean can be very lucrative.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

succ posted:

this is a real down an dirty quick video of the PVP.. There are some others as well but this will give you a quick overview of the PVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gym5FP3SDSc

Mercury
Apr 6, 2002

*honk*
I’m very interested. Been looking for a sandbox MMMORPG for some time and avoided AA due to the monetization.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Pretty tempted to buy this (again) :thunk:

They still seem to be dodging the housing questions though - both in the FAQ and stream. It says available to everyone, plus a week-long landlock, but nobody has given a straight answer of "Every player will get to own a house/plot of land" which has me worried.

As for the guild stuff
  • I'd prefer to go East since we did West at launch, but :shrug:
  • Something not referenced to Goons
  • Most of the other stuff is probably better found on YouTube

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I never played this but I heard a lot of good things from goons playing the alpha so I'm going to give this a try when its out. Its only 25 bucks too. Hopefully we'll have a goon guild.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Untitled Goon Guild

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

crazystray posted:

From the looks of it, there will still be a ton of problems. Maybe I can still harpoon a boat to the sea floor and launch it into the stratosphere as a spinning tornado, I loving hope so. The hacking was a problem, but it didn't stop the game from being fun.

Boats have hp and collision damage now.

Which of course leads to a whole new set of exploits. Ship combat pretty much involves swaping out a figurehead then ramming your target.
Once.
And thats ship combat.

Who rams first wins.

BUT they have never fixed captain having over-riding control of the parts of a ship.
So jumping on your own faction ships and lowering the anchor is one way to super piss people off.

I really cant see myself farming every part of the roaster for a 3rd time. SO im probably going to miss this one.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I've officially boarded this hypetrain. The off-chance that they're gonna get it right is enough for me to get in on this, and even in the worst case scenario it should at least be good for raiding trade packs until the game dies - again.

Christopher
May 29, 2006
I played this game quite a bit (though not with goons my first time around) and had a blast without ever really coming across much drama/hacking. Most of the people making GBS threads up the thread with complaints have red letter profiles so we kinda get the idea this is a habit of theirs but I know for people who are into the really deep parts of the game were often bothered by this poo poo. I, myself, played a lot but most of what I did (trade runs, occasional sea battles, sailing for no reason, non-siege/castle pvp stuff, farming, crafting, and pve) and it was overall an awesome experience. I quit because of p2w and stupid rng. Hopefully the lack of p2w will mitigate the other stuff. I don't know much about any rng changes. Also, why has anyone mentioned the graphics update?!

Atown
Aug 10, 2011
I saw a video mentioning that trade packs have been reworked to cargo or something in the expansions? Has anyone played this game recently enough to confirm its still good?

I'm gonna give this a shot at least for 25 bucks. Had a lot of fun in the original game before it died.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Christopher posted:

I played this game quite a bit (though not with goons my first time around) and had a blast without ever really coming across much drama/hacking. Most of the people making GBS threads up the thread with complaints have red letter profiles so we kinda get the idea this is a habit of theirs but I know for people who are into the really deep parts of the game were often bothered by this poo poo. I, myself, played a lot but most of what I did (trade runs, occasional sea battles, sailing for no reason, non-siege/castle pvp stuff, farming, crafting, and pve) and it was overall an awesome experience. I quit because of p2w and stupid rng. Hopefully the lack of p2w will mitigate the other stuff. I don't know much about any rng changes. Also, why has anyone mentioned the graphics update?!

The review you posted said it best, the graphics remind me slightly of BDO-ish. I was always impressed with the graphics of the game previously, now they look even better!

Atown
Aug 10, 2011
Speaking of graphics, I remember updating my graphics card in large part because the original archeage was so poorly optimized. I'm curious what kind of specs are needed to get a solid frame rate in pvp battles with the enhanced graphics.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atown posted:

Speaking of graphics, I remember updating my graphics card in large part because the original archeage was so poorly optimized. I'm curious what kind of specs are needed to get a solid frame rate in pvp battles with the enhanced graphics.

considering almost no MMO can do that on any hardware, its not a reasonable expectation unless you lower draw distance and turn off most spell effects. A 1070 or more should be plenty so long as the engine has good multi threading support and you have at least a 6700k

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I've been craving an MMO lately, FF14 seems alright but has some quirks that I don't like, and WoW has gotten bad lately. This seems perfect! I'll be happy to join any NA guild you guys are planning on doing.

Atown
Aug 10, 2011
enhanced_graphics.jpg right here

more enhanced graphics (possibly nsfw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP2ITcQ8wEk&t=283s

Atown fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 25, 2019

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Atown posted:

enhanced_graphics.jpg right here

more enhanced graphics (possibly nsfw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP2ITcQ8wEk&t=283s

PTSD flashbacks to the library grind to craft that drat costume. Think it was nearly 2 months.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

If you're not 100% sure if you want to buy into the game, there is a private server called ArcheRage.

This'll give you a few weeks to play and decide if you want to get into it. Plus it gives you a mount/boat from the beginning, so you don't have to grind boat mats to go explore the world. You level pretty quick too, so you can try out all the class combinations pretty quickly.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The regular version is running and will continue to run, so you don't even need to bother with a private server. The base gameplay isn't going to change, only the monetization.

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

I think Archerage has boosted xp so you can mess around with classes if you're new to the game.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I heard there are limited amount of land. How hard is it to grind up a house before the big housing rush? I don't want to be one of the homeless bums sleeping on the streets while everyone get nice houses.

On another note, are we going east or west?

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Velveteen posted:

I vote East because we went West last time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Velveteen posted:

I heard there are limited amount of land. How hard is it to grind up a house before the big housing rush? I don't want to be one of the homeless bums sleeping on the streets while everyone get nice houses.

You will not get private land unless you know every single grinding shortcut and play from the moment the servers come online, and then get extremely lucky enough to beat out the house-buying bots.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

crazystray posted:

I vote East

edit: im dumb. thought you were talking about server location

Kak fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 25, 2019

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'd rather go West honestly.

Like yeah we went West last time but that's kind of why I wanna do it again. its not like the content is really any substantially different anyways.

Also I might roll a confessor so I can yell at people to admit to their sins while they get ganked and that doesn't work as well in eastern aesthetic.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 25, 2019

Christopher
May 29, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I'd rather go West honestly.

Like yeah we went West last time but that's kind of why I wanna do it again. its not like the content is really any substantially different anyways.

Also I might roll a confessor so I can yell at people to admit to their sins while they get ganked and that doesn't work as well in eastern aesthetic.

I'm definitely going West. Part of the reason I'm playing is for the nostalgia and the Western areas and music is my favorite.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Schubalts posted:

You will not get private land unless you know every single grinding shortcut and play from the moment the servers come online, and then get extremely lucky enough to beat out the house-buying bots.

Admittedly I haven't played in a long time, but I recall even at launch there was land available for weeks, albeit not in great locations. I also remember it only taking a few hours of play to get to the point where you could throw down your first plot.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I desperately want to get a piece of land where I had it before.

Just a tiny plot right by the huge bathtub murder bay. Its a highly contested area though so I doubt I'll be lucky this time. I'm pretty sure the only reason I got my lovely plot was because it was so small nobody realized there was space for it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

wait how do the factions work? If I decide to play a warborn and goons go west and I hosed?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I need to know just one thing, will this have the player jury system with the chat channel of people pleading their cases, because that was the funniest poo poo

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Xun posted:

wait how do the factions work? If I decide to play a warborn and goons go west and I hosed?

They are both automatically aggressive against each other aren't they? So, If you play on east and goons go west you can't play together.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Velveteen posted:

They are both automatically aggressive against each other, aren't they? So, If you play on east and goons go west you can't play together.

until we all become pirates then it doesn't matter because you become hostile to both west and east...

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I vote Tyrenos East. That's where my other friends are planning on rolling, so that's where I'll be.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Velveteen posted:

All the housing spots will be gone in an hour or two tops after the servers go live.

If you think I'm joking I can assure you that's how it went during the original launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Weren't the houses a lot cheaper in the original launch?

I mean, it's still gonna be a crazy rush for the spots, but maybe it'll at least take several hours rather than just one.