Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

look at this guy who doesn't understand how aa works

you don't need the best land to do well, hth

That was my point, yes. Thank you for your understanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can confirm through players in the exploit community that EAC isnt stopping poo poo or at least it hasnt been turned on yet. Teleporting still works and you can remove debuffs. Making temporary buffs permanent doesnt work the same way but if you can remove buffs surely keeping them is possible. speedhacking has been fixed and you get disconnected immediately so they have made some progress at least.

Has anyone tried out the gilda dupe yet? If its on an earlier patch it should still work on any item with a few second activation time.

I havent verified 1st hand because im not touching the poop this time

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TUIX3vD7AypUlOqZU9YwXX-SkGQICe81Vqcr-AiiVec/edit#gid=0

According to the guild list on the official Archeage discord, Tyrenos is going to be the most populated server. I know this isn't all the guilds out there but, as someone who doesn't watch archeage streams I noticed at least two streamers when I was doing research on the game through youtube. Kooncoon and Belamyprime. Which means there may be more there. Do we want to be on the most populated server? There may be really long queues. Should we vote on this? We have plenty of time to figure it out before launch.

Also there is a fake goon squad on Dinistrious.

AtmaTheWanderer
Nov 6, 2003
FFXI Mithra Mangina
Pillbug
I vote for non-streamer server and for Wynn. It has way better faction balance from the declared spreadsheet as well, west gonna get rolled hard every day on Tyrenos.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

look at this guy who doesn't understand how aa works

you don't need the best ANY land to do well, hth

Not trolling either.

Also if you aren't going to be farming crops because that isn't something you care about, or land is simply very scarce, get an 8x8 crafting station from... mirage island? (think I got that right)

What use is a drat crafting station DancingShade? I wanted a full sized house you piece of poo poo! What is this piece of junk even for?

Well I'm glad you asked kind and gentle person. Even a tiny 8x8 crafting station will let you plonk down a bed for labor regeneration and a chest for additional loot storage. All the actual mechanical benefits that matter. Yes you'll look like a hobo living inside an air conditioning unit. Do you care? Also even if the server is basically full I reckon you can find an 8x8 vacant somewhere.

If not then you're truly hosed and should simply kill mobs forever more. Or craft packs using marketplace resources.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 8, 2019

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Oh no. Why am I being sucked into this game again. I have a job now, I can't afford to spend ten hours a day sailing on a boat or making my virtual farm all pretty.

Ultimately, though, even with the P2W gone I think AAU will show itself to be a little flawed in the long run. Between the interminable gear/crafting grind, the morass of dailies, and the bizarre sweeping mechanic revamps that seem to have happened every patch, there's a bit more to be disappointed with ingame than a greedy cash shop. But what AA does well, it does incredibly well. I'll never forget the time a horde of goons 150 strong held off a raid of the server's most elite guild on Freedich with nothing but pluck, tenacity, and numbers. Mostly numbers come to think of it.

As for the server, I would recommend we go on Tyrenos. The guilds who sign up on that list are probably only a fraction of what we'll see ingame, so who knows what the balance will really be like. And with the guild cap being only 50 these days, it could be negligible. Queues may be a problem for the first few days, but in the long run it'll be much better to play on a high-pop server.

In any case, looking forward to the 15th!

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Fauxtool posted:

I can confirm through players in the exploit community that EAC isnt stopping poo poo or at least it hasnt been turned on yet. Teleporting still works and you can remove debuffs. Making temporary buffs permanent doesnt work the same way but if you can remove buffs surely keeping them is possible. speedhacking has been fixed and you get disconnected immediately so they have made some progress at least.

Has anyone tried out the gilda dupe yet? If its on an earlier patch it should still work on any item with a few second activation time.

EAC just got turned back on like 20 minutes ago.

How do you do the gilda dupe? I'd like to see if i can recreate and send off a bug report to the team.

Raioner fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Oct 8, 2019

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
PTS is back up, I think.... And they added a third server.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Fauxtool posted:

They disabled EAC for the PTS because false positives were causing EAC to close ArcheAge preventing many people from playing. It will be back. Also, EAC doesn't necessarily instantly ban. It sometimes happens in waves. But when you do get banned you'll be screwed unless you were using a virtual machine (and got EAC to work in that virtual machine).

EDIT: And yes, west is going to get rolled by East. I still vote east if you guys think you'll be doing any pvp.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 8, 2019

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Raioner posted:

How do you do the gilda dupe? I'd like to see if i can recreate and send off a bug report to the team.

I forget the exact method (I didn't know about it until after it became public knowledge) but it involved the mirage island portals. Do a search using that and you should find something.

Obviously only do this on a smurf account if it still works.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

DancingShade posted:

I forget the exact method (I didn't know about it until after it became public knowledge) but it involved the mirage island portals. Do a search using that and you should find something.

Obviously only do this on a smurf account if it still works.

drat, can't find anything on google.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raioner posted:

hah noooope.
PM if you want to know it, but not this guy obviously

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Nevermind it was an Apex thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-keMuM3ZA_U

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats the one. It wasnt patched until a few weeks in and it would still work after if you forced a disconnect or a lot of lag.
Anything with a loading screen worked, portals were easiest. The timing is super loose on it and it worked on any item with a cast time. I did quite a few thunder whatever logs with that method.

They only caught people who flooded the AH with rare items or who bought 1 apex and then suddenly had 100 years of premium account. My items were never rolled back and anyone who didnt abuse it terribly was also fine and kept their items.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Thanks, I've forwarded that to their dev team and I'll let you know what they say.

Edit: Cosmo says they've fixed it and tested if it works with 6.0 version of the game.

Raioner fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 9, 2019

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raioner posted:

Thanks, I've forwarded that to their dev team and I'll let you know what they say.

Edit: Cosmo says they've fixed it and tested if it works with 6.0 version of the game.

What an hero

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im looking at some old private forums for exploits that weren't fixed until much later patches and I have a really dumb trick for running packs faster. It should still work.
PM for details. It will probably make you mad when you see how stupid it is.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Please keep us updated every time you go running to the devs about something, it really makes me like and respect you more.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Xun posted:

Please keep us updated every time you go running to the devs about something, it really makes me like and respect you more.

Will do. I just really want this game to be as riddled with exploits as possible so that way it dies off and you can say "see? I was right"

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Are all the buffs still client-side so I can still give myself every buff in the game and destroy all who oppose me?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Raioner posted:

You know Korean? Because that's the dev team. Then again I have no idea if Gamigo is more involved with XL.

Kimsemus posted:

Are all the buffs still client-side so I can still give myself every buff in the game and destroy all who oppose me?

Can't imagine that would have changed. As always don't use your main.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 9, 2019

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
I've acquired the Fishing Pact Crew party boat. If you all want to go on fishing pact raids, look no further... The Goonlove Boat is here...

All we need is Kimsemus to lead the raids and we are good to go.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 9, 2019

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Any reporting still heavily relies on the assumption that this time the devs a)care and b)are any kind of competent. Because let's be real here a lot of this poo poo has been broken for a really long rear end time and it's gonna be like Cryptic releasing Neverwinter with bugs that have been reported since at least the STO beta and I don't for a second believe that the people who work on this are even remotely as competent as Cryptic which is itself a black hole of incompetence.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

Any reporting still heavily relies on the assumption that this time the devs a)care and b)are any kind of competent. Because let's be real here a lot of this poo poo has been broken for a really long rear end time and it's gonna be like Cryptic releasing Neverwinter with bugs that have been reported since at least the STO beta and I don't for a second believe that the people who work on this are even remotely as competent as Cryptic which is itself a black hole of incompetence.

:yeah:

Not to mention churn over years, who knows what was or wasn't documented and what is now spaghetti code.

Not trying to ruin anyone's day but temper your expectations folks. Enjoy whatever you enjoy and good for you. But don't expect miracles.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
How many goons are actively playing? AA requires kind of a critical mass to really shine.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kimsemus posted:

How many goons are actively playing? AA requires kind of a critical mass to really shine.

Actively? Zero.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DancingShade posted:

:yeah:

Not to mention churn over years, who knows what was or wasn't documented and what is now spaghetti code.

Not trying to ruin anyone's day but temper your expectations folks. Enjoy whatever you enjoy and good for you. But don't expect miracles.

but we got an inside man, he knows Cosmos.

There is no way this game that is twice removed from the original devs will allow known exploits to stay in game on older patchs. I mean it didnt happen the 1st relaunch.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Bunch of salty mother fuckers up in here. Would you prefer I just bitch and moan about all the problems this game could still have?

Kim theres probably around 50-60 people who filled out the survey. Whether they all will play is a different matter.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
read the room you loving sperg. Sperg in the literal sense as in has trouble understanding social situations and reading people.

You wouldnt go to a BLM rally wearing a bluelivesmatter shirt and then complain that people werent nice would you?
Well you might

There is a place for fellating the devs where you might get the backpats you deserve and its called the official forums.
You can even pretend that you infiltrated the exploiters lair for extra kudos.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fauxtool posted:

read the room you loving sperg. Sperg in the literal sense as in has trouble understanding social situations and reading people.

Hey how about you gently caress off? I don't even care about the game anymore. You're just an unpleasant rear end in a top hat and if anyone has trouble "reading the room" its you. Go away.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

don't even care about the game anymore

are you sure?

Mercury
Apr 6, 2002

*honk*

Fauxtool posted:

You wouldnt go to a BLM rally wearing a bluelivesmatter shirt and then complain that people werent nice would you?

Very good analogy!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Fauxtool posted:

are you sure?

What I meant by that was, completely divorced of my opinion about the game and yours, you are a huge prick and I don't want to see your posts. Get it? Even if you're 100% right about everything you've posted you're incredibly abrasive and using gross language that makes your posts uncomfortable to read.

So go away.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the game isnt even out and we already have the first fracturing, im so proud

You can pretend that your sentiments are in the majority but the many PMs asking about exploits say otherwise.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 10, 2019

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Fauxtool posted:

the game isnt even out and we already have the first fracturing, im so proud

You can pretend that your sentiments are in the majority but the many PMs asking about exploits say otherwise.

No one is fracturing, you’re just a oval office.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I love how everyone is happily posting about the game and then others have to come in and start stirring up drama. Fauxtool, I'm not sure what favor you think you're doing here... Do you think you're saving some new idealistic goons from disappointment by stirring up poo poo? Because people seem to have pretty realistic expectations for what this will be. If you don't want to play the game, then don't.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I wonder if AA just attracts the most unchill people or if it makes people unchill

Either way, lol.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

im not emptyquoting. im here to say that this thread is already better than the game will be. i hope to see more of the same posts

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Blazing Zero posted:

im not emptyquoting. im here to say that this thread is already better than the game will be. i hope to see more of the same posts

:agreed:

I have no idea how or why or even what Archeage threads do to people but I do want to see more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythak
May 4, 2013
So getting street cred with the devs is laughable but in all seriousness fauxtool have you sent in any of the working exploits? Have you tested any of the exploits with the current build? I want this game to survive and if people can plant forests under the ocean or beyond zone borders that's going to kill this game. Same thing with the botting and teleporting tradepacks/cargo. If nothing else it would tell those of us in the thread how much Gamigo gives a poo poo about the game.

Even if all the exploits still work I figure I can get at least 3 months of fun out of this game.