Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
If the previous iteration is any indication Fauxtool probably has a better grasp of the nuts and bolts of what's possible with this game better than the devs porting it do.

Having said that, if we have a decent pop of folks I'm 100% fine with taking some time to destroying everything that floats again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
can anyone recommend a more chill version of this build:

i quickly realized it has way too many buttons

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Never really played when it first launched because I was playing age of wushu :bang:. How grindy is this game to keep up with for competitive PvP? Is it poopsock dominated or can the casual I am keep up with 10-20hrs per week?

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Keegers posted:

Never really played when it first launched because I was playing age of wushu :bang:. How grindy is this game to keep up with for competitive PvP? Is it poopsock dominated or can the casual I am keep up with 10-20hrs per week?

I think 10-20 is good from what I've heard, unless you want to play some kind of Archer as they're more gear dependent than other classes.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

succ posted:

too many buttons

Sorry but that's basically archeage in a nutshell

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Keegers posted:

In the previous iterations it was impossible to keep up with competitive at all unless you paid a lot of money. This time around who knows but I have very little faith in Gamigo and wouldn't be surprised at all if they made it even worse.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
WE ARE BACK BABY

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
ArcheAge: Unchained pre-download is up.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Kimsemus posted:

Having said that, if we have a decent pop of folks I'm 100% fine with taking some time to destroying everything that floats again.

You may want to read up on the changes to boats and naval combat. Collision damage means ramming is a thing, lots of ship upgrades, etc... I haven't dug into it yet, hoping to get try some things on the PTS.

crazystray fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 11, 2019

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

crazystray posted:

You may want to read up on the changes to boats and naval combat. Collision damage means ramming is a thing, lots of ship upgrades, etc... I haven't dug into it yet, hoping to get try some things on the PTS.

I've already beached my clipper and it exploded into shrapnel within 5 seconds due to collision damage. poo poo is real :argh:

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
The Fluffly commands are turned on in the PTS server. They let you do all sorts of things to test out stuff. Like level you up and give you all sorts of items.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?160764-Fluffy-Re-Enabled-List-of-quot-Fluffy-quot-Commands-for-Public-Test-Server

Mercury
Apr 6, 2002

*honk*
There’s been another poll in the Discord confirming our server choice.

Tyrenos is the most populated server, and a number of people prefer going with the number 2, Wynn, to ensue that queues don’t stop us from preparing for the land unlock.

Vote here:
https://strawpoll.com/6we26ww4

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The server situation will be interesting. A lot of rumbling about West guilds leaving Tyranos because they don't want to put up with the top East guild. Not sure how that will actually impact numbers, but some thought that Wynn will have a larger pop. I still haven't decided for myself yet.

Elewem
Dec 4, 2013

Jar Jar Binks in my Spirit Animal
This might be a dumb question, but where can I download the PTS?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Elewem posted:

It's in the region selection, NA-EU-PTS.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Mercury posted:

There’s been another poll in the Discord confirming our server choice.

Tyrenos is the most populated server, and a number of people prefer going with the number 2, Wynn, to ensue that queues don’t stop us from preparing for the land unlock.

Vote here:
https://strawpoll.com/6we26ww4

Looks like Wynn West is dominating. I guess we'll be making our characters there tomorrow.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Elewem posted:

Download Glyph, then regular ARcheAge (not Unchained), then select the Public Test Server in the upper right drop down. Once you install it, you'll get to pick a specific PTS server to create your character on within the game itself.

Elewem
Dec 4, 2013

Jar Jar Binks in my Spirit Animal

Zaodai posted:

Download Glyph, then regular ARcheAge (not Unchained), then select the Public Test Server in the upper right drop down. Once you install it, you'll get to pick a specific PTS server to create your character on within the game itself.

Eltoasto posted:

It's in the region selection, NA-EU-PTS.

Fantastic. Thank you both.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Has a faction been decided on yet?

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

West in the Wynn server.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Can you make east and west characters on the same server? In case I want to take a look at the other side?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

HotBobaloo posted:

Can you make east and west characters on the same server? In case I want to take a look at the other side?

Yes, preorder bonuses will be claimed from your account and not just mailed to the first character anymore. So you can wait until you have decided to claim them.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Character reservation is up! AND Wynn is already locked from high population.

Christopher
May 29, 2006
So we chose Wynn to avoid login queues for landlock. Now we've learned the entire earth switched to Wynn last minute. Should we pull an audible and go Tyrenos or compete with the universe for housing?

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Also if ArcheAge Unchained is crashing to desktop for anyone right click the Glyph launcher icon and run it as an administrator.

Omarmarious
Jan 21, 2012

Christopher posted:

So we chose Wynn to avoid login queues for landlock. Now we've learned the entire earth switched to Wynn last minute. Should we pull an audible and go Tyrenos or compete with the universe for housing?

I rolled my character on Tyr, ill pass on 2 day Q's just to log in

Christopher
May 29, 2006

Omarmarious posted:

This seems like the better idea honestly. Last thing I want to do is play Queueage and then have no housing.

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

North American Region: Character Reservation Update:
[10/12 - 6:10 PM UTC] The character creation for the NA-server Wynn of ArcheAge: Unchained has been temporarily disabled.
A window will be available prior to release to allow additional character creation on a locked server.

Not that big of a deal. No need to goonpanic

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Omarmarious posted:

Not going to help much considering Tyr was locked down to character creation shortly after Wynn

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah go Denistrous or whatever if you don't want queue's, or the 4th server when they end up adding that.

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Character creation is back up on wynn.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Never played ArchAge before and just saw a video about landrush, as there is a finite amount of land does that mean there is a good chance there will be no land available for me to claim if I do not take part in the rush? and if houses to no degrade over time and no new land will be added this is a feature of the game I could permanently miss?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Vier posted:

Never played ArchAge before and just saw a video about landrush, as there is a finite amount of land does that mean there is a good chance there will be no land available for me to claim if I do not take part in the rush? and if houses to no degrade over time and no new land will be added this is a feature of the game I could permanently miss?

There is a finite amount of land but the amount of land for housing has increased a ton since release. They've also instituted some rules over the years that make it fill up slower. Good land will be gone in a few hours but I expect random spaces to be open for a few days. You have to pay taxes on land so if people quit they will eventually open up for people to try to snag, and there will always be land for sale so you aren't locked out or anything. Land also isn't as valuable as it was at launch with the current trade system so people probably won't go AS nuts for it.

If you are worried about prep time, you can be ready to place land after playing for 90 minutes and reaching level 30, so don't be put off by people talking about huge grinds for thatched designs and stuff like that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vier posted:

Correct on all counts.

Well I mean you can always try buying land from another player at some point if you really want to play house.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 13, 2019

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Anyone rolling a mage at launch? What armour/weapon are you planning on using? I've heard mages can use all 3 armours and can staff, dual wield, or scepter and shield. I'm thinking of using cloth with a scepter/shield. I did hear a lot of people are planning on going leather with staff for the full glass cannon experience.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Velveteen posted:

Anyone rolling a mage at launch? What armour/weapon are you planning on using? I've heard mages can use all 3 armours and can staff, dual wield, or scepter and shield. I'm thinking of using cloth with a scepter/shield. I did hear a lot of people are planning on going leather with staff for the full glass cannon experience.

Scepter/Daggar with Hiram Plate for me on Fanatic spec.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

CompeAnansi posted:

Scepter/Daggar with Hiram Plate for me on Fanatic spec.

Same but spectre spec instead.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I've been trying for a few weeks to talk myself out of plate for mage, but it hasn't happened yet. Mana efficiency just isn't enough of a big deal. My worry with plate is that they will continue changing the values to encourage cloth and nerf plate for mages.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
If they change plate to the point where its a genuine bad idea, you just break it down and get a cloth set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lurgy posted:

If they change plate to the point where its a genuine bad idea, you just break it down and get a cloth set.

You lose a lot when doing that, but in Korea at one point they had items you could use to change the armor type of a hiram piece. Hopefully they offer those to us if a massive change happens.