Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I've officially boarded this hypetrain. The off-chance that they're gonna get it right is enough for me to get in on this, and even in the worst case scenario it should at least be good for raiding trade packs until the game dies - again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Weren't the houses a lot cheaper in the original launch?

I mean, it's still gonna be a crazy rush for the spots, but maybe it'll at least take several hours rather than just one.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I think if you're gonna be playing like an hour or two a day you're better off finding a family to share house with you and dump your labor on whoever poopsocks enough to get to high level crafting. You can then take part in doing trade runs which is where it all comes together and makes cash. Not even the poopiest sock is gonna get to the top on their own in this game.

As for the land grab, it is locked for 5 days but a thatched farmhouse costs 300 gilda stars, which is something most people will not have at that point.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I think the main hopes of keeping aau hacking manageable is that accounts are a onetime purchase now, meaning people that get banned lose their 25 bux. They're gonna have to moderate well for that, though.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
They're still in denial about that. They seem to be behind schedule on everything, and that's after postponing release once already.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Some people are spending their PTS time very wisely.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Raioner posted:

I've posted up in the north of sandeep, theres merchants up there and a well for watering plants. It's near song spinner. We need to come to a consensus on where we are all going to live.

I still think you guys are being overly optimistic about this whole thing. When land unlocks, every single player is gonna have at least one building ready and waiting, spamming macros to place before the others. And that's before taking into account that we've picked the most popular server with several try hard pvp guilds, no doubt happy to flag up for faction kills two minutes before the unlock.

I don't mean to be a party pooper or anything, but some of yall might wanna consider a plan b.

Edit: sorry that was not very constructive. I would suggest splitting up goons over two or three spots and rather try to block off extra land where we can, and move others in when possible. There was talk of Lilyut hills earlier, which is likely a safer bet to get some land than sanddeep at least.

Huckert fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Oct 7, 2019

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

look at this guy who doesn't understand how aa works

you don't need the best land to do well, hth

That was my point, yes. Thank you for your understanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
If they change plate to the point where its a genuine bad idea, you just break it down and get a cloth set.