Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wengy posted:

In accordance with the oliwan axiom - the opposite of whatever u post is cool and good - this is one of the greatest endorsements of my hometown I’ve ever read, so thanks op :)

Yeah everyone knows how cool and happening Switzerland is op, especially Bern, well known for how cool and definitely not boring it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Seems like Feyenoord are a loving embarrassment.

They are, op

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Speaking of boring places, I was underwhelmed with Munich when I went a month ago and thought Vienna was a lot better.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

oliwan posted:

Yeah everyone knows how cool and happening Switzerland is op, especially Bern, well known for how cool and definitely not boring it is

Agreed, and one of the cool things that are happening here is that a bunch of bitch rear end Dutchmen are getting hosed on a plastic pitch. Feels good, op

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

T Bowl posted:

Speaking of boring places, I was underwhelmed with Munich when I went a month ago and thought Vienna was a lot better.

This is very true. Bern is more exciting than Munich too, btw

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

T Bowl posted:

Yeah Munich is absolutely horrible, did you expect something else? Vienna is indeed cool and good!!!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

T Bowl posted:

Did you try the sandwiches?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Nightlife

Nightlife in Bern throbs with bars, clubs, and music, most of its establishments distinguished by their sophistication and chic.

The Gut Gelanut is a combination of bistro, café, ice cream, and alcohol, offering a relaxed atmosphere in which patrons can enjoy all of its many aspects and products at nearly any hour.

The Art Café is not just an establishment for Euro artistes on lunch break—it offers a rather luxurious bar and even has live DJ’s on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.  

Eclipse blocks out most other bars in terms of its sophistication and fashion sense, replete with aquarium and cigar lounge, and Marian’s Jazzroom persists as one of the continent’s most prominent live music clubs.

But if you 're staying just one night in Bern go to the Musigbistrot . At the Musigbistrot you'll find finefoods and sounds. Jazz, Bossa Nova and much more and finefoods from the Chef Mr. Oli Loosli - In the afternoon you can even find delicious homemade muffins like in Manhattan.

Shakira is a bar made up of Disco and Latin, and the aptly named Le Club is only for the most mature of patrons, an establishment characterized by extravagant drinks, frequently imbibed in private, reserved rooms.

This is what the Swiss literally think is exciting lol

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I loving loved Berlin so I thought Munich was probably pretty cool too but no, the best part of it was leaving the city to go to the countryside so

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

T Bowl posted:

I loving loved Berlin so I thought Munich was probably pretty cool too but no, the best part of it was leaving the city to go to the countryside so

I live in Berlin op and you are very right in your opinion of it. but yes Munich is literally the opposite.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Feyenoords number 4 is embarrassingly bad

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes, we (feyenoord) are pretty bad at football, but pretty good at burning bad cities to the ground, so it all evens out.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Plucky Manchester United with a big 3 pointer from an away game.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Hairy near the end but decent defending. Good subs from Ole, Williams had a good match and Garner looked tidy, was knackered by the time he was subbed though.

Jones put in the sort of performance that gets him picked for him to then break into a million pieces within 2 matches.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

oliwan posted:

loving lol, I’ve honestly only heard of one of these places

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Rangers should have won that.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

oliwan posted:

Yes, we (feyenoord) are pretty bad at football, but pretty good at burning bad cities to the ground, so it all evens out.

Joke‘s on you, our fascist police learned from their pants-making GBS threads encounter with Belgrade fans this summer and have now deployed more forces to deal with the Dutch

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

oliwan posted:

I don't know, do you? :v:

Also lol at Roma giving away a shithouse penalty at the death to draw A German Team.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Az Alkmaar beat a team that Utd couldn't score against 6-0 lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

So any recommendations for the next round of matches? I assume there's little potential for comedy in the Arsenal match.

CyberPingu posted:

Az Alkmaar beat a team that Utd couldn't score against 6-0 lol

We won that 1-0 tyvm :colbert:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Porto ruined my acca.

Don't gamble, it's bad.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Expected a good Celtic display against the fash, they did not disappoint

https://twitter.com/dominicoliver82/status/1187444043103526912?s=21

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

This *peers at screen* "VSC" look dangerous on the counter

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bundy posted:

This *peers at screen* "VSC" look dangerous on the counter

loooooooooooool

ARS 0-1 VSC

e: lol at that defensive line just jogging back as the winger breaks the sound barrier

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Has anyone posted Poonai Emery????

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsenal are not very good are they

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Nearly done again then, Arsenal lucky not to be at least 2 or 3-0 down

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Maybe we should fire Emery, has anyone suggested that yet?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Maybe we should fire Emery, has anyone suggested that yet?

First I've heard of it.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Poonai Enema is a good lad who is trying his best

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Good goal, Tierney is a lot better than Kolasinac.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

T Bowl posted:

Good goal, Tierney is a lot better than Kolasinac.

Aaand 2-1 to Vitoria lol

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao we should have hired Artera, just infinity lmaos

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Bundy posted:

Aaand 2-1 to Vitoria lol

Not surprising, this team is poo poo, Emery hasn't got a clue but staved off hypercriticism with the long unbeaten run last year.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I genuinely don't know Emery's gameplan besides going behind due to defensive errors and having to struggle for the rest of the match

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ciprian Maricon posted:

lmao we should have hired Artera, just infinity lmaos

Everyone said I was crazy for suggesting I'd rather have Arteta than Emery...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Big Huski Boi posted:

To be fair Arteta is totally unproven. Just because he is under Pep and a former Arsenal player doesn't mean it's some great fit. Who knows, I still think Emery will see out the season because they will be sniffing around 4th the entire time.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Big Huski Boi posted:

Perhaps they'd be worse under Arteta..

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

For those not watching, Mustafi is on a yellow already against a team set up to counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

To be fair Arteta is totally unproven. Just because he is under Pep and a former Arsenal player doesn't mean it's some great fit. Who knows, I still think Emery will see out the season because they will be sniffing around 4th the entire time.

Emery is a proven dingus