Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

you want to know how you know a coach hosed up? you watch a team go up 28-7 in the first 20 minutes of the game and then a field goal during the last 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1175114555124531202?s=19

This should be the sort of thing that makes people talk seriously about ending the series, but lol.

Timeline here:

Right after the game, there were already some social media whispers that something bad had happened with the band, which kicked into overdrive after our worthless failure of an athletic director released a statement that gave no details (beyond the band getting booed, which, duh) but said they were "investigating an incident"

The next day the ISU AD said he hadn't hear anything but also the Iowa State band is mistreated in Kinnick too so both sides are bad and to blame here.

The ISU AD and Iowa's useless empty suit poo poo for brains AD release a joint statement that basically just reiterates the Iowa State "both sides" excuse and tells everyone to chill and be nice to the band and that the investigation into the matter was now closed after all of 48 hours

People in the Iowa Band, who had kept quiet because the administration told them they were investigating, got understandably pissed about being abandoned and started giving details on social media, most notably alleging groping and a physical assault that left one of the band members with a broken rib. This is consistent with some the rumors I'd heard before so I tend to believe it.

In a normal situation this would get everyone involved fired but instead I expect Gary Barta will somehow get a raise

i know exactly why Gary Barta still has a job, but jesus loving christ why does that man still have a job. he's been through a few incidents that would have gotten a less entrenched AD shitcanned, and each time it underlines that he could not give half a poo poo about any student who is not actively making him and the athletic department money. if all the gender discrimination stuff didn't do the job, unfortunately this probably won't either

but ooh look a rose bowl guess he should stick around

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

god wants tennessee to have that ball

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

jfc just let the vols have the ball, florida clearly doesn't want to maintain possession of it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

man i like jim harbaugh more than your average non-Iowa coach but he has just lost whatever he might have had

it is still kinda funny tho

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

vikingstrike posted:

Will urban Meyer be the first person to coach at both Ohio state and Michigan?

lol no they were all but begging him to go to USC on last night's broadcast

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Vertical Lime posted:

lmao the studio host on espn said florida-tennessee used to mean something

it means the same thing that it always has

it means that it is the third saturday in september.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

it would be really funny if Cal ended up having one of their best seasons ever while Chip Kelly flounders at UCLA

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

siriuslysomething posted:

I'm sadly obligated to keep watching Northwestern, but what's a good second game? Was watching the Michigan game but I've got enough of that snuff film for now.

Cal/Ole Miss is probably the most competitive game between relevant(ish) teams

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

siriuslysomething posted:

I feel like if Michigan State never threw the ball they would be up by like 20. It's perplexing they keep trying to throw.

got to establish the pass

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

woo the end of that cal/miss game was spicy as hell

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

opposable thumbs.db posted:

They haven't showed a great replay yet but I thought the third down pass was in the end zone?

it probably was, but they called it down on the field and they couldn't stop to review because Ole Miss didn't have a timeout and had to get a 4th down play run before time ran out

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

no one talked about it because i don't think the game was very interesting but after their embarrassing ending last week, Iowa State went out and ritually slaughtered ULM 72-20, with Brock Purdy putting up a stat line that would make Cam Newton (college happy Cam, not sad broken 2019 Cam) very happy. Dude threw 21/27 for 435 and 3 touchdowns, plus he ran for 75 and 3 more touchdowns.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

vyst posted:

How many band members got assaulted after the game

hey now their AD wrote a very stern letter excoriating the behavior of both fanbases which means i'm sure all of those drunken louts in Ames were on their best behavior

plus i'm sure ULM left their band at home

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Auburn and LSU are both looking pretty legit, I don't think Bama is gonna go undefeated this year

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

and that right there is a perfect display of why that dude is not a back/reciever

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Athanatos posted:

The Illini ran the clock out on the half with a lead on Nebraska when they could have taken timeouts and tried to get points..

Clearly they get at least 1/2 a win for winning the 1st 2 quarters.

nothing would be funnier to me than ESPN immediately regretting giving Gameday to a school who can't even beat the Illini

edit: like jesus El Assico was terrible but at least it was competitive until the very last play, this is just ESPN going to laugh at a team right before they lose to the Buckeyes by 50

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

General Dog posted:

Baylor at Rice in timeout as officials search for someone with a laser pointer

i was gonna make a joke about lack of institutional control at Baylor but then I read that it was at Rice and

what the gently caress is a Big 12 team doing playing at Rice

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

sticksy posted:

Dawgs are being strategic here by possibly losing this game so they don't have to inevitably do it to Bama later, clever

i was thinking today that the SEC might have 4 of the best five teams in the country this year and as if they heard me and wanted to say "slow your roll, son", the Georgia Bulldogs are proving me wrong in literally the worst possible way

lose to loving Ole Miss, not these loving cops

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

how's that Husker team doing?

https://twitter.com/BTNStatsGuys/status/1175602151311269888

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

RIP Hogs

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

For anyone not watching the nebraska game , illinois is holding onto a lead that's based entirely off forced fumbles. It's great

Illinois has like 300 yards less of offense

reminds me of one of my favorite all time football games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyzCw6y1yYU

around the third red zone fumble you start to wonder if god himself interfered in the results of this game just to embarrass the Huskers.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i repeat

RIP Hogs

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

alright everyone let's watch the end of the night's marquee matchup, that's right

the last 12 minutes of Nebraska @ Illinois

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

maybe if i turn the Ill/Neb game off and watch the end of ND/UGA the illini will go back to barely winning a hilarious game

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Huskers, more like...

fuckskers?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

MourningView posted:

The best team they'd have a win over is loving Virginia

hey now put some respect on the name of the team that just barely beat Old Dominion

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

god illinois is loving worthless

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

you know as well i do, the committee is not going to keep clemson out with 1 loss unless they were forced at gun point

depends on the loss. lose a regular season game to like, BC or Wake? they're probably safe. Lose that ACCCG or to someone garbage? I could see it

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

holy poo poo Washington State's upcoming schedule is brutal

@Utah
BYE
@AzSt
Colorado
@Oregon
@Cal

four of five away against pretty much the better half of the Pac-12 this year

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

MourningView posted:

is it though

it is in that all of their tougher conference games are away, and pretty much coming one after the other.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

oh man that's the saddest hail mary

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

alright, fast forward to December of this year for a second.

UCLA has just completed an 0-12 (or 1-11 if you want to be really kind) season. 2 questions:

1: Does Chip Kelly keep his job?
2: If not, where does he go next?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

completely unrelated post:

I remember thinking for years that Joey Galloway was the same age as Jordan Palmer. That dude is 47! that's some paul rudd poo poo.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

lol Cougs never make it easy on themselves

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

it's the most Wazzu thing in the world for their QB to tie the single game TD pass record midway through the third and then sit down to let the backup come in because they're up and then break the record because the team that was down 32 has brought it within a score

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this game has very "Connor Halliday sets the yardage record in a loss" vibes

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

oh my god cougs

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

the very first game this weekend saw the Cougs poo poo the game away on a last second miracle

and the last (important, gently caress Hawaii) game of this weekend is gonna see another set of Cougs gently caress up in an equally magical way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i looked at my sports app and all i saw was "4th and 47"