Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
They're not even the worst, is the Titans' thing, the entire summation of the Titans' thing, there's always someone shittier, sadder, more pathetic, which makes it even harder to embrace the nihilism of being a Browns fan or whatever, but you just have to rely on mediocrity year after year, like Mister 8-8 Jeff Fisher or this current mediocrity where the team goes through an offensive coordinator every season, leading to you finding yourself deluding yourself into thinking Vince Young is good or Marcus Mariota or you just have look on lifelessly at Jake Locker or Ryan Fitzpatrick or some poo poo knowing it's not the worst, it's not even funny or apocalyptic or truly pathetic, it's just the same ol' crap, to the point where it's not even exclusive, the Bucs do the same thing, but the Bucs did a championship once while the Titans will always, always, always, always, always be that team that fell short in 1999 and deprive Houston of a cooler football name or what the gently caress ever as if it matters because the Texans, Jags, and the Colts second iteration when it moves to London, the Monarchs, will all have championships before Tennessee does, gently caress this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

purkey posted:

A Jags championship would be pretty neat though

You'll probably loving get it in ten years when Tom Brady has eight more championships.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

get out

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, no, the Jayhawks are objectively hilariously awful, I can at least mine some sympathy out of it. When I tell people I'm a Titans fan, I don't get a, "I'm sorry," I just get a, "Why?"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I hate the Titans so much and love seeing Gardner dick them down.

what have the titans ever done to the seahawks this is such a weird take

JT Jag posted:

I'm also tired of your poo poo-rear end team

Why would you turn your nose on a guaranteed win a year.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Nice meltdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Upx39TBc1s

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This still might be a playoff team, is the thing, the AFC is that bad. But I just had to get the past two years of frustration out of my system.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 20, 2019

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The thing about Mariota is, everyone here knows I've been a huge defender, but he's a shadow of the player who beat KC at this point. In the opener, most of the game he opted for very safe throws or overthrowing, which, first game in, okay. Second game, though, he does the same thing up until late in the game where he starts doing hurry up passes that are very nearly turnovers that look like rookie decisions. Didn't see the monsoon part of last night, and yes, the offensive line is incredibly bad, but committing to the run that much, that isn't just poor scheming, that's a lack of confidence in your quarterback. The whole "Mariota doesn't have an arm" thing isn't some constant state for him, he's become like that, and his confidence looks so poor with long passes that he's become a liability. If you don't believe in your quarterback enough not to have three straight run plays three scores behind in the second half, then gently caress it, start Tannehill and at least let Mariota prep himself to try to be a backup somewhere next year. And hire an actual drat offensive coordinator too, that would help. Other than Delanie who was a known quantity coming in, I don't see how the Titans TE situation was that impressive so I'm not sure why the TE coach got the job instead of some proper vetting, but whatever.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

lamar jackson owns

I can't disagree with that.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

OxySnake posted:

I currently have a galaxy brained take of Lamar Jackson is thus far what Mariota could of been if not saddled to some truly awful coaching

Lamar Jackson was a better runner in college, honestly. I've always been really high on him, he's cool as poo poo. Mariota could've at least been a comparable version of that though, but, y'know, never had the same offensive coordinator in consecutive years.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams are good and interesting now

UHHHHHHHH

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

They have a hold me back guy for their head coach!

And he turned out to be a sex pest

Wait, what? McVey did a what?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Tanking is extremely bad when not done subtly

As a truster of processes, disagree.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The caveat to my first post is it's obviously way more stupid to do in football than basketball because of the difference in individual impact. Going with Ryan Fitzpatrick, fine, but trading away Minkah, pretty loving dumb. Almost wonder if it's a sell job by Ross, but not sure if that makes any sense.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kawalimus owns, like the sports equivalent of getfiscal, and I'm really happy he still has the avatar I got for him back in the day. I'm happy this is his year and he's going to doomsay the Ravens into winning a Super Bowl.

gently caress Baltimore though.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

theres only like 3 good teams in the nfl tbh

Very possibly. Chiefs. Patriots. Ravens. ...maybe Rams? And everything else isn't worth the money on any bet.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

No it's Packers, Cowboys, Chiefs, and Patriots right now. Ravens aren't quite there yet. But those four are far and away the best.

That game 1 for Packers didn't look great and the Cowboys haven't proven anything to me and I don't believe in Dak or Jason Garrette at all. The Ravens kept up with one of the most potent offenses in football in an away game, that's impressive to me. Lamar had some ridiculous plays today.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Bills are what we all thought the Browns would be.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

They're not even the worst, is the [Bucs'] thing, the entire summation of the [Bucs'] thing, there's always someone shittier, sadder, more pathetic, which makes it even harder to embrace the nihilism of being a Browns fan or whatever, but you just have to rely on mediocrity year after year, like [Dirk Koetter] or this current mediocrity where the team goes through a [Jameis suspension] every season, leading to you finding yourself deluding yourself into thinking [Doug Martin] is good or [whoever the gently caress the Bucs' current running back is] or you just have look on lifelessly at [Mike Glennon] or Ryan Fitzpatrick or some poo poo knowing it's not the worst, it's not even funny or apocalyptic or truly pathetic, it's just the same ol' crap, to the point where it's not even exclusive, the [Titans] do the same thing, but the [Titans didn't draft a rapist] while the [Bucs] will always, always, always, always, always be that team that [only won because of the Raiders being dumb] or what the gently caress ever as if it matters because the [Panthers], [Falcons], and the [Saints'] second iteration when it moves to London, the Monarchs, will all have championships before [Tampa Bay] does [again], gently caress this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

For what it's worth the gif doesn't look as bad as the still.

He could have made it happen but he'd have to identify it immediately.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1175983877657174017

That's a tighter hole than the image suggests, but at the same time, I can't tell how many times I've watched Baker this year and thought, "WHAT THE gently caress, IF YOU'D JUST RUN FOR IT YOU'D HAVE HAD A GAIN." He's seriously allergic to rushing now and he seems mobile enough where that feels inexcusable.