Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
God willing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

I feel it's quite possible he might not have sucked in the right situation.

I also think he's probably been jerked around too long by now to have an easy fix.

I think he's basically Alex Smith at this point, his ceiling has been drastically ruined by a series of bad coaches and the best you can hope for is slightly above averaging QBing.

Nov 6, 2002

Play posted:

they should bench marcus for that performance. way too many missed throws, poor pocket presence, etc. Give Tanny a try imo, now's the time to figure out what you're gonna do not coddle a guy who'll probably be gone after the year

They're literally the same dude. And beside the pass blocking was garbage.

Nov 6, 2002

Raku posted:

It was also a monsoon

Didn't stop Minshew. :colbert:

Nov 6, 2002

Probably Magic posted:

The thing about Mariota is, everyone here knows I've been a huge defender, but he's a shadow of the player who beat KC at this point. In the opener, most of the game he opted for very safe throws or overthrowing, which, first game in, okay. Second game, though, he does the same thing up until late in the game where he starts doing hurry up passes that are very nearly turnovers that look like rookie decisions. Didn't see the monsoon part of last night, and yes, the offensive line is incredibly bad, but committing to the run that much, that isn't just poor scheming, that's a lack of confidence in your quarterback. The whole "Mariota doesn't have an arm" thing isn't some constant state for him, he's become like that, and his confidence looks so poor with long passes that he's become a liability. If you don't believe in your quarterback enough not to have three straight run plays three scores behind in the second half, then gently caress it, start Tannehill and at least let Mariota prep himself to try to be a backup somewhere next year. And hire an actual drat offensive coordinator too, that would help. Other than Delanie who was a known quantity coming in, I don't see how the Titans TE situation was that impressive so I'm not sure why the TE coach got the job instead of some proper vetting, but whatever.

He doesn't look like a natural thrower of the ball anymore. Anything over 15 yards he looks like he's heaving.

Nov 6, 2002

OxySnake posted:

How do people the Rams are boring?

Or has the superbowl destroyed their offense that used to be fun as hell to watch?

They're just thinking/referencing the pre McVay Rams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Baker's pocket presence is pretty bad. He has every reason not to trust his tackles, but his first instinct should be to step up not to roll out and back.