Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011

RoboBoogie posted:

TIL that i am now black, the racists are in the northern part of the city. Patriot Front tried to do a little parade but got their rear end kicked last year and ran away in their little penske trucks.

thanks for the idea

There are a ton of beer gardens, theres the liberty bell,

Yes, but last week was delayed by a day due to the national holiday.

Food and drink get lumped together, and admittedly philly is great at both.

I asked about trash when it wasn’t getting picked up for months at a time, now we’re back to they pick it up weekly but 50% just gets dumped back into the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
The city can’t even sign Johnny Gaudreau.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Today I learned that the poo poo eating dad from Family Circus is canonically from Philadelphia

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
This was a feature from an open house we went to a year or so back in South Philly. It's the most Italian-American basement imaginable short a shrine to Frank Sinatra.

We couldn't decide if it was because gramma was serious about cooking or there were family members who couldn't be in the same kitchen together.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I know I'm late to the party, but, Philadelphia is my favorite place on earth

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
New tenant on the Comcast building

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Nothing has disgusted me more than listening to a couple at the airport laugh about how they love California and would never move back to Philadelphia.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Good riddance.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Nothing has disgusted me more than listening to a couple at the airport laugh about how they love California and would never move back to Philadelphia.

Good for them for being able to afford living in California. Not everyone can handle the non-pretention of Philly.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

They could be in bakersfield

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

RoboBoogie posted:

TIL that i am now black, the racists are in the northern part of the city. Patriot Front tried to do a little parade but got their rear end kicked last year and ran away in their little penske trucks.

I mean the city has tons of black people. It seems incredibly foolish to engage in any racist behavior here. Still I see a lot of people rocking pickup trucks that are totally impractical for where they live, covered in CHUD-crazy bumper stickers, brandon flags, etc.

I’ve not been here long. Like which northern part of the city? Fishtown?

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

iamsosmrt posted:

Good for them for being able to afford living in California. Not everyone can handle the non-pretention of Philly.

Dude I love it here.
On the west coast someone says “hey” and you don’t know them, 100% they’re a crackhead. It’s seriously isolating.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
As much as I hate hate hate living in central pa, I'd rather be here than anywhere out west.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Internet Old One posted:

Dude I love it here.
On the west coast someone says “hey” and you don’t know them, 100% they’re a crackhead. It’s seriously isolating.

I'm a dark Asian dude who ambiguously passes for a wide range of ethnicities, from Latinx to every SE Asian, I get a lot of people approaching me, druggies included. It's given me an interesting perspective and made me more open-minded as I get to hear everyone vent about their struggles and everyone else's bullshit they deal with.

Sometimes I wish I were more isolated.

naem
May 29, 2011

I lived “out west”and have moved “back east” and the perspective it gave me, can confirm I am in fact a terrible person

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I live in California currently, which is why they were on my flight. It was nice being able to wear my Philadelphia Eagles costume last weekend without looking like a huge weirdo. I don't think anyone in the Philadelphia area has any clothing that does not contain a logo of a Philadelphia sports team.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

FogHelmut posted:

I live in California currently, which is why they were on my flight. It was nice being able to wear my Philadelphia Eagles costume last weekend without looking like a huge weirdo. I don't think anyone in the Philadelphia area has any clothing that does not contain a logo of a Philadelphia sports team.

Even the people who don't care still care about the sports teams in Philly

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
the Eagles broke it. Use to be about 13 years until a Philadelphia Team won something. Then football won something in 2018

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Didn’t the Phillies win one not long before that or am I misremembering

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Didn’t the Phillies win one not long before that or am I misremembering

yeah 1980. First Philly win

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

This was a feature from an open house we went to a year or so back in South Philly. It's the most Italian-American basement imaginable short a shrine to Frank Sinatra.

We couldn't decide if it was because gramma was serious about cooking or there were family members who couldn't be in the same kitchen together.

WTH? Is that a gas oven, in a basement? I'm guessing it's somewhere near or on Passayunk or near the Italian market?

But hey at least we don't have parachuting spiders floating around like Chicago.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The last 3 philly championships are Sixers 1983, Phillies 2008, & Eagles 2018.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm still holding onto my Wentz shirsey. It's a really good shirt otherwise!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Schweinhund posted:

The last 3 philly championships are Sixers 1983, Phillies 2008, & Eagles 2018.

thanks for telling us what we already know

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

thanks for telling us what we already know

also the phillies in 1980

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Stolen from someone else. From downtown facing into South Philly. I used to live in Center City just off the lower right side of this photo. I worked at 1818 Market which is the building in the bottom center here. Good nostalgia vibes for me. :unsmith:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

iamsosmrt posted:

I'm still holding onto my Wentz shirsey. It's a really good shirt otherwise!

Ewwww

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
I loving love that south Philadelphia is a perfect grid, once I’m above spring garden I have no idea where I am.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Make some Boilo today!

https://thetakeout.com/boilo-pennsylvania-american-yuletide-christmas-drink-1849684301

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Lots of people in Philadelphia today because of WrestleMania and its associated events. I hope all out of towners are having a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
Froggy won gently caress yeah