Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

someone please explain 'post-leftists' to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Literally every time I hear about Trotskyists it's either a bunch of people who are completely insane or they're a bunch of weird sex creeps. Just a few months ago one of the largest Trot orgs in the US disintegrated because it turned out the leadership was covering up harassment and sexual abuse by high ranking members.

Like I can get in theory there may be something worthwhile in Trotskyist thought, but drat would I be embarrassed to call myself a Trotskyist right now.

my uni had 2-3 competing trot factions and all they did was try to sell poo poo newspapers and get into bizzare arguments with eachother. most of them were basically fedora guys but they wore those hats lenin wears in propaganda posters instead. its such a weird obviously self-defeating brand to attach yourself to in 2019

Farm Frenzy has issued a correction as of 11:12 on Sep 24, 2019

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

this is really interesting, thanks. i first found out about this stuff when i stumbled on this fun lil study of instagram post-leftists http://joshuacitarella.com/_pdf/Politigram_Post-left_2018_short.pdf and it makes a lot of sense that this would be a great contrarian teen meme thing

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Is there a meme ideology where you dont think civilization itself is unsustainable but you sure as gently caress think the internet is? Cause thats me.
thats pretty much the dark enlightenment

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I thought the Dark Enlightenment was more or less "Google CEOs and other STEMlords should be kings" and after Trump won they all shrugged, went "Close enough!" and melted into the greater Alt-Right?

Like I thought the point was that the internet was going to be the center of all civilization, and the world ruled by those who ruled it. Though I will admit I didn't really pay too much attention.

i havent really investigated beyond reading 'neoreaction: a basilisk' but from what i understand the dark enlightenment is sort of split between the moldbug guys who genuinely want an aryan CEO-king and the nick land types just think that the CEO-kings are an intermediary step before capitalism develops into a super AI that kills humanity with genocide and climate change and escapes into space. in practice theyre all just pepe dipshits now yes