Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Hentai Jihadist posted:

i dunno about trots but out of the small bits of marxist "theory" i've read trotsky was like the only one with tolerable prose
I wonder what Trotsky would think of the people named after him. Like, is there really any ideological overlap at all, or are Trotskyists just people who have decided that if Trotsky had had Stalin's power, he'd have createe a utopia where they were allowed to have underage sex slaves?

dpf posted:

seconding this.

when I was an undergrad I found a very small and weird strange of english neo-bonapartism. the historiography around the topic is still hilariously partisan across the channel, but there was this small group of amateur historians who took the french position and went into very weird places with it. as far as I could tell they were a few blokes with a very strange hobby. they published great long pro-bonaparte screeds (liberator of europe, weird waterloo alt-histories, etc.) around the 1980s.

unfortunately for me the university destroyed all my notes after I graduated - does this ring any bells?
Neo-Bonapartism is really displaced hatred of the English, and thus completely excusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Weka posted:

It could work. One of the problems with abolishing the monarchy is that the founding document of the country, the treaty of waitangi, is between the crown and various tribes.
The fact this would actually make a difference to anything is the reason we shouldn't be part of Australia.
Literally just steal the British crown, the actual physical object, and have that be your head of state.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Weka posted:

Which one, they have seven.
The heavy one. The other ones have been designed for the brittle constitutions of the British monarchs, and are not actually invested with any sovereignty.