Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I like the conspiracy theory that Stirner didn't exist and all his writings were just Engles trolling Marx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I encourage people to read Bishop Williamson review of Sound of Music, its loving hilarious

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Oh, and he also argued that witchtrials were good and necessary things because witchcraft is an actual thing that endangers souls. As far as I can tell he was being wholly sincere in all of this.

One of the first medieval arguments against torture was from a Jesuit who pointed out that if you actually have caught an honest to God witch in league with the devil, shed just lie about her accomplices

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

pretty sure this is just a liberal doing some epic red baiting. then again to be an anprim in the first place, you either have to have never thought about anything for two seconds in your life, or think it would be a good thing to murder literally billions of people (there were like 50 million people world wide or some poo poo when the neolithic ended and significant industry was invented lol)

It looks to me like someone skimming the wiki article on James Scott while way too high

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Is there a meme ideology where you dont think civilization itself is unsustainable but you sure as gently caress think the internet is? Cause thats me.

Tracer Tong Thought

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Is Georgism a meme ideology or is it too obscure?

Wasn't Georgism explicitly taken up by some southeast Asian countries?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Lmao Wikipedia includes William F Buckley as a Georgist

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

dpf posted:

I find it really weird that Mark Fisher hung out with a bunch of DE types at that Warwick unit

A lot of them started out as nominally left and went loving insane IIRC

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Helps that they had the US backing them to the hilt to stick it to China so they wouldn't just get couped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

She sounds like she's got the right idea tbh