Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

temple posted:

hotep is a slur, it isn't a thing. people lump a lot of stuff together and call it a hotep. by people's definition marcus garvey or malcom x were hoteps of their time.

edit: like hebrew israelis are called hoteps and they hate hoteps as much as anyone else. calling a hebrew "hotep" is like calling a nazi "commie".

this is absolutely not true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

This seems like a good place to talk about my one experience with an anarchist.

When I was pursuing my Master's degree there was a girl I had classes with who was an avowed anarchist. She would bring it up a lot in class, not necessarily in a controversial way, more like a "I need everyone to know this about me" a lot. She also worked for the university, which was public and state-funded.

Anyway, in one of our policy classes we had a project to develop a policy idea and present it to the class, who would then talk about it's merits and risks and political feasibility and what not.

Her presentation was over something called "Native American Land Reclamation Act" or something, of which the basic premise was complete de-colonization of America. She pulled up a big map of the US that outlined all the lands that were taken from the various Native American tribes by settlers (it was all of the continental US), and she basically outlined a plan to give all of the land back to the tribes. I wasn't trying to razz her or anything, but I was trying to figure out exactly how a policy like this would possibly work.

I completely ignored the difficulty of passing it legislatively. I asked "Native Americans make up like, what, 2% of the US population? So what happens to the other 98% of the American population? Are they deported?" and she goes "No, but they'll have to live by the rules of the individual tribal leaders and the way their customs/cultures dictate". So I asked "What about like, entire cities and private property and national infrastructure? Is that turned over to the...like 10 million people of Native ancestry and they get control of everything? What about private property?" and she was kind of like "Uh yeah it'll be redistributed". I didn't ask how.

The degree we were both pursuing was a Master's in Public Administration.

minority rule but woke