Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Maximo Roboto posted:

There are always heraldry loving scepter-lickers and fans of royal glamour and tabloid-fodder but neoreactionary also had a strong monarchical component, both from tech chuds like Moldbug who are open about their disdain for democracy, and the aforementioned throne and altar trad Catholics, so monarchism is actually making a meme comeback

honestly, just, anything moldbug has ever written

pretty much all of his 20,000 word blog posts are rallying cries about how everyone in power deserves to be there, and so to be truly special you should just sit down and not make a fuss

extremely large-brained content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Anarcho-primitivism is just believing even more of the same myths as fascists than liberals do and just drawing slightly different, even more genocidal conclusions.

:hmmyes:

i do think leftist movements have a lot to learn from egalitarian, non-agricultural societies. they've basically been doing anarchism since way before the term "anarchism" was invented, and have cool social norms built into their societies to defend against the emergence of hierarchy; James C Scott has written some interesting stuff about that.

but, most self-identified anprims don't actually talk to indigenous people. they just idolize the same noble savage bullshit that white people have been fantasizing about since the 1600s. it's similar to any other form of conservatism -- pining for an imagined past, with genocidal intent lurking in the background. "we just need to kill everyone / wait for everyone to die so we can live naturally again" is an utterly batshit political program.

i do take comfort in the fact that, barring a total megafauna extinction event, living remnants of humanity will always have the option of returning to subsistence living. it really isn't a bad life, provided you make it through early childhood. i'd be long dead by then, though, so not really my plan A.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
shouldn't it just be called the endarkenment

animist
Aug 28, 2018
i feel like evangelicals are the white equivalent of hoteps