Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

this is the perfect thread for discussing what minarchism is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

isn't this just hardliner libertarianism, which emerged into the mainstream in 2007-08 after millions of people rewired their brains after playing thousands of hours of world of warcraft

it's a sort of state where the NAP is aggressively pursued and that is it: boilerplate government which provides police, military, and other functions to ensure that the NAP is enforced

I think they call it some weird poo poo like a night-watchman state?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

That would be Egoist-Anarchism and it has a flag, so yes

woah, who's this cool dude in the shades

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dreddout posted:

Tradcaths are a particularly loud meme ideology on the alt-right.

Yeah dude you're totally gonna establish thomism as the state ideology of america!

having gone to Catholic school, their love of ritual and authority and lack of understanding of scripture and meaning is basically what drives priests to drink

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Basically Ned Flanders to Reverend Lovejoy?

I think most online tradcaths are nerds who think it'll be like Warhammer 40,000.

pretty much, one of my projects when I was in J-school (journalism) was to talk to priests about the dwindling numbers of folks in attendance

it came up a lot that no one really listened to the sermons and were just there to show off that they were there