Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I know nothing about the hobby except that you all use feathers and, well, I have two green birds that are going through a molt right now. Dunno if these would be of use to any of you, but just ask and I'll stuff an envelope with some little green feathers.

If not, oh well, I enjoy seeing your pictures of the craft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

PM Sent!

Elmnt80 posted:

I'm sure pinto and/or peanut feathers would be in high demand to tie flies with and catch all the fish. Hopefully some fly fishing goon accepts your offer.

PS: Your birbs are adorable.

thanks :kimchi: Between all the bird crazies I'm sure there would be a ton who are in on mailing some feathers to be put to use, too.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Hey gamera009, sorry for the delay. Sent the feathers in the mail. I tried to put in a decent variety, but was largely dependent on what the birds felt like giving up lol

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gamera009 posted:

Going to try this later today. We’ll see how well it works.

:kimchi: I hope the feathers are usable. Good luck, and thanks for letting me contribute

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

I'm willing to offer more of the same if you're interested. I know they're small so.... I made a post to the bird crazies thread asking for feather donations. People there have some birds that are bigger than mine, maybe they'll be more usable.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Will do. Also, do you specifically want the bright colored feathers, or will any work? Lots of people in thread have cockatiels, so grey/white/light yellow.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Looks like a car washing mitt

Yooper posted:

Anyone have any resources for stamping brass lure bodies? I'm looking at using brass roll stock or bar stock, punching then embossing.

Just googling what these look like, seems like the perfect use case for a mini/benchtop lathe.

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Yooper posted:

Blacksmithing thread gave me a couple of ideas. I've got some presses near me I can use but I need to get a good text on what tonnage is required and some tooling design. Making it isn't an issue, I just don't want to make it wrong and have to make it again.

Wow dang I completely misread your post the first time and thought you wanted to make something like this. My bad.

https://www.machinemfg.com/punching-tonnage-calculation/

Scroll down a bit and you can get some numbers for tonnage to punch out brass, as well as some numbers for clearance on dies.