Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
It's possible that the show has even lover budget than later seasons of Futurama. In Futurama commentaries they mention that they had to reduce the writing staff for money reasons. Disenchantment feels like they had a short time to collect scripts from individual writers for a season and ship to Korea to animate. And it's probably cheaper to have a longer recording session with the same actor than bringing a bunch of actors for couple hours on different days.

Taear posted:

I hate Richard Ayoede being in anything as a voice actor because he sounds so completely himself that it takes me out of it.

On the other hand Matt Berry who also sound just like himself (be it a pig or sword) manages to be the best part of show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Taear posted:

Personally I'm comparing it to Bobs Burgers.

Disenchantment is not the best but it's not as bad as Bobs Burgers.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

It's just bafflingly bad. Like it has an amazing pedigree but did everyone in the writers room just forget what jokes are?
In the later season Futurama commentaries they talk how due to budget their writing room was getting smaller and smaller. Disenchantment feels like it's one writer per episode and they had to write each episode in a couple of hours.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

Lampshading how awful the Honking is does not make continued Honking ok.

Honestly the honking was the reason I would have been perfectly happy if Bender was written out of Futurama.