Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Anticheese posted:

Weird question, but is there a copy of the strings cover of Rebel Rebel they used in the trailer for this floating anywhere?

I've been looking for that since August last year. The answer seems to be it's not publicly available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

This one comes pretty close but I don't think it's the same one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24zcGSyXwXE

That cover's really good but yeah, it's not the same.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Anticheese posted:

Weird question, but is there a copy of the strings cover of Rebel Rebel they used in the trailer for this floating anywhere?

Did anyone ever figure this out?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love Tress MacNeille but there was a scene in this season where it was her, talking to herself, in a three way conversation, and all of her characters are clearly her.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, I don't really get why they have Richard Ayoade, Rich Fulcher, and Matt Berry, and barely use them.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Like everything they managed to write something as seeming inconsistent instead of like character development. A bunch of other episodes make a joke about bean being ultra promiscuous and sleeping with anyone and anything. Instead of being normal and just writing this as a development, some "I've slept with everyone, but I never felt this before" they had to do a weird way that went against every other episode's characterization where now bean was actually a virgin who was lying about ever having sex and was unclear what sex even was and had actually only kissed a lot of "people and animals".

She doesn't claim to be a virgin, just never having dated anyone before.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

She murmurs out that she’s done lots of stuff, put stuff in things, moved around, etc, then admits she hasn’t done any of that and has only kissed people and animals

Oh, huh. None of this show makes sense.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I watched the entirety of season three, and forgot Maru was a thing that exists in this series until I saw people talking about it. Normally I remember tons of trivial TV things, but I forget massive plot points with this show.

This really is one of the strangest things airing. I have every intention watching the next season, but multiple aspects of this show fail.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

thanks alot assbag posted:

So yeah I agree that this show is only okay and needs to decide if it wants to have an overarching plot or not, but I think one of the mostly weirdly bad aspects of this show is the music. It’s quiet when it needs to be loud and it feels like the writers WANT a certain vibe during some scenes that ends up being either silent or just having a few guitar plucks in the background or something. The weirdest scene in this whole show to me is in Hell when Elfo is getting smashed up hilariously between gears and stuff, and there’s no background music whatsoever.

And it weirds me out because it’s Mark Mothersbaugh who’s been doing TV and game music for like centuries now! Are they giving him only $5 to do this show or something

I actually really like the score, and it's one of the reasons why I'm disappointed the rest of the show isn't better.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I wonder if Disenchantment sort of falling by the wayside has to do with this.
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1491512483441352706?s=20&t=BIdXndl71yJ8jo5g8TLhCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Such a gorgeous, awful awful show.

Everything aesthetic, music and animation, is so good. Too bad about everything else.