Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Man, I had hopes since this was the second production run they would work the kinks out but this was the worst season yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think the least sensical scene was where the archduchess and Odval go to see if the King has died. And they want him to die, and the archduchess even picks up a pike to do it herself. Odval says it would endanger their souls, but the archduchess says she doesn't care. Then Zog starts groaning and they go "Maybe he's getting better?" and tell the guard to watch him closely and leave.

Why doesn't she kill him? :shrug:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Bean vs. the revolving door was a good gag

That was it I think for the season. Got that one good gag.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Something interrupts the wedding, and for some reason that means the wedding is cancelled.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Polo-Rican posted:

isn't there a scene later on where they exchange rings and the weight of the ring makes her fall to the ground? and a scene later where he introduces her to Zog as his wife, and Zog is excited because "he always wanted tiny grandchildren" or something?

I think these are both before the wedding.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This whole show was a thundering disappointment. I can't believe it leaned even further into its worst tendencies in this latest run.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Breakfast All Day posted:

Judging by this thread I probably liked the first season more than just about anyone, but couldn't even finish an episode of this one. It's weird to feel like you simultaneously have more attention budget for the show than the show does for itself and don't care enough about what's happening to follow. My only thought was wondering if it's better or worse than current Simpsons.

ooo, that is a tough one.

I'm leaning toward worse than current Simpsons actually. Current Simpsons at least tries to tell jokes and is not serialized (although there are an increasing number of 2-parters).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

How about more puppets made of major season one villains somehow?

This made zero sense whatsoever too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

This show should totally have been Fantasirama, and you can tell they sorta tried to do it some times but would always go back to the well of lovely storytelling and overarching plot and mystery boxes.
Like in the first season there's an episode where what'sherface apprentices under the executioner, and it's a fine enough premise with jokes and scenes that kinda approached funny if the writers actually committed but then no it went back to trying to write storytelling checks that the writers could not cash.

Yeah 100%. They had a good idea and made a good sandbox to play around in and squandered it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

OldMemes posted:

Zog feels like the character with the most development aside from Bean.

Bean feels like she should be as interesting a character as Fry - all of the pieces are there, they just don't quite feel like they've been put together right.

She doesn't have a lot of motivation. Too busy running from one emergency to the next or caught up in conspiracies that are never explained.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

Yea new Futurama is atrocious

I'm so surprised that this has another series, really blows my mind. I'm trying to even remember if I watched the last one that was one

New Futurama is aggressively bland.

Netflix must reallllllllly want to be the first people Groening calls with his next TV idea, because there is no reason to have let this go on past the first ordered run of 2 seasons.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Almost done with this season and it gets worse as it goes. Almost entirely "and then this happened and then that happened" storytelling. It's exhausting and you don't give two shits because you can see all the strings.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bleck posted:

They really just gave a slew of great actors and powerful animators to some of the worst writers in the industry, huh.

For 5 seasons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Dagmar just allowing a rebel faction to live unperturbed in the castle is maybe the least sensical plot point of the last season. At one point early on she and Elfo have a confrontation in the throne room and he just walks out and closes the door behind him and then has like a whole 2 minute conversation with all his buds right on the other side of the door. Like, open the door and kill him, lady. Why do you seem to care so little about your evil plan? You've enlisted literally Satan in it, and you just kinda twiddle your thumbs for most of the season.